Old 02-26-2007, 11:03 AM   #16  

I've got that flu that's going around with a bad cough. Now there's one way to get rid of the appetite. What makes everything taste so strange when you're sick? Plus we have about 2 feet of snow and this on again off again rain, sleet, snow type weather all week. Great for skiers! My kids love it.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 10:17 PM   #17  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Well all week I have been praying for a 2lb (would put me at 339) loss which would put me in to the 330s. Weigh-in isn't until wed, but i got on the scale anyway....335...woo hoo. Make me much closer to the size I wanna be to buy summer clothes much more attainable.

Last edited by Obsidianbbw; 02-26-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #18  

Way to go Obi!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:40 AM   #19  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Great job, Obie!
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:16 PM   #20  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi and Welcome to Meg and Ckatgo! Congratulations to Obi on those pounds that keep coming off! You are going to have to hurry up and get those "before" pictures taken!
Ok - I'll be back later....
jo
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #21  

Do any of you ever read the maintainers thread? I was so surprised to hear one person say she ate 3000 calories when she went out for a special dinner. Guess they have problems just like we do. Has anyone ever read about the feast or famine cycle? Kind of made me think of that.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:24 PM   #22  
-

S/C/G: 245/178/150?

Height: 5'10"

Oh, I've been so busy I've not been able to check in...

Congrats, Obi!! Woooohooooo for you!

Beth
CinnamonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:32 AM   #23  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Obie - you are TOTALLY on a roll gal! Slipping off those jeans, a compliment AND a scale victory! Happy week for Obie!

Carol - was that the same person eating at the fondue place? I read all of what she had and just felt ill. I'm not judging if paperclippy's reading this, I just couldn't eat that! But you know, we all silp up and there has been many a time where I've sat at the table and had starters, mains and a dessert then been so ill afterwards One time I was with my (then) future-in-laws and GOSH was it embarrassing to have to ask them to stop the car so I could use the bathroom at a pub on the way home

I'm doing well so far with IE, however I've had a couple of moments where I've thought, "Am I REALLY hungry or is my tummy just gnawing at me, or am I just thinking about it too much...?"

And yeah, I know what you mean about food losing its power now nothing is off-limits! I'm finding my diet's changing, not dramatically, but just different. I've got full-fat greek yoghurt (DH bought it by mistake, but I'm eating it!), and low-fat cream cheese that I wouldn't have bought before because there wasn't enough protein in it! (Former eating-for-muscle type!) I'm also not really eating proper meals any more. Before I used to eat 6 small meals a day and they were all balanced etc. But this morning I've already eaten breakfast and 2 snacks and a couple of apples on the side! And yesterday I had a great lunch, which was really satisfying and I didn't need to even think about food till I got home from work which is very unusual for me!

How do you tell if you're still hungry if you've eaten? Do you eat your sandwich or whatever then wait for 20 minutes and see if you're still hungry or do you just *know* somewhere that you're stomach isn't quite full enough? Last night I had a healthy Subway (turkey, no dressing, salt etc) but I knew that it wasn't enough. I think mentally I knew that I'd used a lot of calories working out and that my lunch wasn't that high in calories, and that if I didn't want to be hungry later on, then I should eat some more. So I did eat some more and was pretty much satisfied till this morning. I even managed to buy a whole roll of chewy sweets and ate only 2!!!! Not something I've ever really done before. See, they lost their power, because they weren't a treat and I knew I didn't need them because I wasn't hungry but I just wanted to chew something!

Heck what a diatribe! But I feel like I could write about IE all day!!! I'm finding something completely new to me, since I've been overweight since I was a very very small child and I never remember being hungry as a child, except when I was on a diet!!!!

I was talking to DH the other day (here I go again, sorry I was winding down, but here we go!) and he is a naturally skinny guy. I asked him how he knew he was hungry? I mean do you wait till your tummy rumbles or do you know? Or is there something else. I was describing how I didn't know if I was hungry or not, but then I felt really really faint and still didn't have tummy grumbles, so I decided to see if eating would make it better, and surprise surprise it did! He said he never gets a rumbly tummy, he always just feels faint when he's hungry. How awful! I hate feeling like that!

And another thing... If you wait until you're hungry before you start making dinner, then surely you only want to eat things that are quick to make? I was in the house alone on Friday and I waited until I was hungry, but then all of a sudden I was STARVING so I made the quickest meal possible. Do you end up getting a feeling for how hungry you're going to be? Like if I go on how hungry I'm feeling now, I'm at about 5 (and have been all morning!) on that 1-10 scale. So do I guess that in about half an hour I'll need to eat?

So yeah, sorry for the diatribe, I really am signing off now! As you can tell this is all new for me!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:30 AM   #24  
Intuituve Eater

First just wanna say thank you all for the well wishing....I was telling a co-worker there is absolutely no doubt in my mind I could have done this without all you wonderful ladies....You all ROCK Just get all emotional thinking of all the help and support.

Didn't read the thread, but I every now and again I go to Applebees (still have no idea why I love it so much) and eat 2000 calories....nowadays I split the meal over 2 days, but I eat every last bit.....was she binging...I think I have a complex about reading the maintainers thread as if I don't qualify to read it wacky I know...Only forum I've never even peeked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Do any of you ever read the maintainers thread? I was so surprised to hear one person say she ate 3000 calories when she went out for a special dinner. Guess they have problems just like we do. Has anyone ever read about the feast or famine cycle? Kind of made me think of that.
frustrated-glad to see your enjoying the IE. I know I am hungry level 1-3 when I start wondering about food, when I am satisfied or just not hungry doesn't occur to me. By level 4-7 I start feeling funny and very focsed on eating....and 8-10 is rumbling tummy and faint.

In theory With IE your not supposed to eat because you think you'll be hungry later, but I do it...saves me from being stuck somewhere like my 2 hours bus ride home or in the movies and getting hungry....also I like to avoid the ravenous I have to eat something now feeling. I try and keep fruit or a snack with me for those moment. I was thinking of trying the always controversial 100 calorie snacks. By the end of the day I'm tired of fruit and I notice I want something that will hold me over the trip home. Something I love about beauty of IE it is easy to take it and make it you own....no controversy about changing the rules because there is only one and even that is pretty flexible.

OK, I am all peace and love today because I'm down.....goodness knows what I'll be like when it slows down or stop ....also I think me and the guy I am dating might try and work things out.....we'll see

oh yeah and we LOVE long posts here...so write as much as you like. Spiny and Fidder hope everything is ok Carol Feel better and Cinnamon sending you some love too.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:32 AM   #25  
Babysteps

S/C/G: 174/144.8/130

Height: 5'6"

2Frus-
I could have written what you just posted! I am constantly asking myself if I'm really hungry, how hungry is hungry enough to eat, should I eat every time I am hungry to lose weight, etc., etc., etc...I mean, I know what it feels like when I am REALLY hungry...my stomach rumbles, and I do feel faint if I don't get fed ...but HOW hungry should I be when I eat?! Ahhh, aside from this, intuitive eating is no problem, but as a former obsessive calorie counter, maybe I am afraid to feel hungry at times when I feel I am not "supposed" to be hungry? I don't know! I really have nothing enlightening to say, I guess this is just a really longwinded way of saying that I can relate to your questions, and would also appreciate any advice!
Have a great day everyone!!
meg on a mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:44 AM   #26  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I am constantly asking myself if I'm really hungry, how hungry is hungry enough to eat, should I eat every time I am hungry to lose weight, etc., etc., etc...
My rule is, if I have to ask, I'm not hungry enough yet

And no, I don't eat every time I'm hungry. I'm just not that focused on food anymore, and it's not going to kill me to be hungry for a few hours.

However, (and this is more directed at 2frustrated) make sure that you are drinking enough water, especially if you find you start feeling faint when you get hungry. I think a lot of times dehydration makes us think we are "hungry."
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:11 AM   #27  

Fiddler, You always give such good advice. But, Obi, I like your idea, also, because you've made IE you own even if someone else says you shouldn't do something like eat ahead of time. 2frus, your hubby is a good place to start to learn IE. Even some books suggest to watch naturally thin people. Even my skinny teens start to gain after they get married. Years ago my mom came for a visit and I know she was upset about my weight. My 5th child was about 5mo old and I had decided to stop thinking about dieting because I was driving myself nuts. In the next 3mo. I lost 9lb without dieting. So it is possible.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:13 AM   #28  

Should have mentioned that I was quite a bit thinner back then, too. But more pregnancies and more bouts with prednisone made it hard to give up dieting. I should have given it up.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #29  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Fiddler and Spiny pic

Fiddler and I had some pictures taken last weekend. Here we are! I'm the one with the mouse. (that white thing is a mouse.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zoo1.jpg (33.8 KB, 61 views)
Spinymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:24 PM   #30  
Intuituve Eater

Red face

Ah fiddlers right, we had a whole discussion a while back about it being ok to feel hungry...not the end of the world.

My feeling of thirst and hunger are pretty different. Funny thing when I am thirsty I start to feel sick to my stomach...I don't measure how much water I drink, but if I haven't had enough liquids the day before I'll get dry mouth in the middle of my workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Fiddler, You always give such good advice. But, Obi, I like your idea, also, because you've made IE you own even if someone else says you shouldn't do something like eat ahead of time. 2frus, your hubby is a good place to start to learn IE. Even some books suggest to watch naturally thin people. Even my skinny teens start to gain after they get married. Years ago my mom came for a visit and I know she was upset about my weight. My 5th child was about 5mo old and I had decided to stop thinking about dieting because I was driving myself nuts. In the next 3mo. I lost 9lb without dieting. So it is possible.