WW Clubs and Groups - Fabulous Forties #79

View Full Version : Fabulous Forties #79

Livinghealthy
10-10-2001, 05:38 PM
Here's Jen's post from page 2.

Janie, congratulations on the loss and upon entering the 150's! I can identify with your dishwasher situation...we've been replacing all the appliances in the last year or so, and that's the last we have to get. I never run it if I'm not at home. Better safe than sorry!

to everyone!
~Jen

Jenny523 has attached this image:

Sorry Jen:( I tried to copy & paste but your attachment didn't come out.

Hello My Buds,

There went that page 2 again! I'm getting like Terri :lol:

On my way to see the twins for their birthday.

See ya's later:wave:

Love,
Essie

Livinghealthy
10-10-2001, 08:52 PM
Hi Everybody:wave:

Myra, good luck on your weigh-in. You're doing great.

Welcome to our new member. I apologize for not remembering your name. I would have to go back to thread #78. I just got home from visiting 5 talkative kids, 13, 11, 7, & 4 yr. old twins. (nieces & nephews):dizzy: I don't have small children so it makes me a little nuts:lol: I'm 47 yrs. old & been on WW forever. Unfortunately I haven't been successful as the rest of the group but it's been my own fault. I'll keep trying till I get it right. The girls here have been very supportive.

Hope you stick with us ;)

Essie

mpinkham
10-10-2001, 09:37 PM
Just back from my WI. I lost, but not much. Only .2 lb. but considering the kind of week I had that wasn't that bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is mine from page 2.
---------------------------------------
Janie,
CONGRATS!!!!! That is wonderful!

Welcome Bouphy.
My name is Terri and I am 42 and have 3 kids (15, 10 & 8). I am a lifetime member and I started back last year at 195 and am now down to 139. I have 4 more to go to goal. I love this group. These ladies are so sweet and inspirational.
About the question you asked, I feel that my kids get enough of the required fat in the other foods they eat. I was told by our pediatrition that skim milk after the age of 2 is fine for kids. they do not need all that fat from the milk. As far as the margerine and things I use the low fat not fat free. They eat yogurt, puddings etc... to get their fat in. I think it is fine to have low fat meals. I have been doing it with my kids for a long time.
I don't know if I helped or not. Hope to hear more from you.

Good luck Myra!

Terri

YAY JanieD.

Jenny523
10-11-2001, 02:17 AM
Myra, .2 is more than I've lost in a couple of weeks. :o Good for you, you keep on plugging away week after week.

Terri, I've got to agree with you.....having the kids on a low-fat menu won't hurt them. Too many people eliminate all fat from their diets and end up worse off than when they began. We all know that this can't be a program of extremes. We have to include some fats in our daily food intake....too many problems if we don't. Obviously you're doing something right with your kids, judging by the losses you post each Saturday :D :D !!

Essie! Thanks for pasting my message! :)

Hi to everyone.......Joyce, where are you?
I know some of us have each other's email address. Would any of you be interested in circulating an email address list between the people on this site?

see you tomorrow!
~Jen

Livinghealthy
10-11-2001, 09:36 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'm getting ready for work but figured I'd pop in to say hi.

Myra, like I always say, a loss is a loss. You've been doing so well. I'm proud of you ;)

Jen, we're hangin in there. Soon we'll be able to post our losses. We have to hang tough.

Terri, you must have posted right after I started the other thread. I didn't see your message or I would have copied & pasted yours too.

Have a great day everybody:wave:

This was me when I couldn't get the animations on here!

Myra.
WONDERFUL! You will get it next week. I know how disappointing that is. Hang in there.

Jen,
My e-mail is terrmor@knology.net

Thanks for the wonderful words.

Essie,
Cute one!! I stole it. Love it!
I knew you wouldn't leave me out but I sure checked out the time between our posts. :lol: J/K

TTYL,
Terri

mpinkham
10-11-2001, 09:46 AM
My e-mail is MaKaAP@aol.com

JanieD
10-11-2001, 01:34 PM
Hi Ladies,
Thank you all for the supportive congrats. Your the Best!!!:D BTW my email is dignon@llnl.gov

Myra,
Congrats on the .2. Every little bit counts! You know what they say about how to eat an elephant...one bite at a time. The same goes for how to loose our personal elephants.;)

Bouphy,
Interesting login name, You will have to explain! :) Welcome. As you have probably figured out these ladies are very supportive and we talk about everything under the sun. I am 43 and have an 8 yr old daughter Ellen and a DH Steve of 16 years.
We live in the SF Bay area and orginally came from the NY area. I am a third generation NY Yankees fan and was quite disappointed with last night's game. Oh well we we're just warming up.

Jen,
Don't give up you can do it. This is a lifestyle and every day is a new start!!

Mom4, Kolika,
Where are you? :?: Don't be shy. I just joined this group in July and I have never regretted it. It takes a little while to feel totally comfortable but the only way is to jump in and get wet.

Hugs,
JanieD

Livinghealthy
10-11-2001, 09:06 PM
Hi:wave:

My e-mail is livingfit426@aol.com

Bouphy, now I got it!! I love it here & I'm sure you will too.

JanieD, my whole family are Yankee Fans. My husband & my nephew are really FANS!!!

Terri, your attachment is really cute!!!!! I had to steal it ;)

Myra, how's the car? Are you still taking the HTP's? How many miligrams?

Well ladies, till tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

mpinkham
10-11-2001, 10:33 PM
It was just the starter, thank God. But with the tow and diagnostics and labor, etc, it was still $500 we didn't count on.

Yep. Still on HTP. 50 mg three times a day. I'm afraid to stop.

Livinghealthy
10-12-2001, 08:50 AM
Hi all:wave:

Myra, repairs are just sooooo expensive!! Pete has to check out his car this weekend. I'm afraid of what it's going to cost. In the mornings it takes a while to start up so something is definitely wrong. It just started doing this the other day.

The first bottle I bought useto say 3x/day & the one I bought recently says 1x/day. Same milligrams. I think I'll go back to 3 times.

Have a nice day Ladies!

Love,
Es

mpinkham
10-12-2001, 09:05 AM
The article I read said three times a day starting at 50 mg a dose upping it to 100 mg per dose if you need it.

Go Yanks! I love em' too. My dad has been a fan all of his life.
Although I love the Pittsburgh Pirates more, especially when they are good. :lol:
When the Pirates beat the Yankees in the 1960 World Series (The guy who hit the winning homerun, Mazeroski, lives in the next town by my hometown) my mom was in the garage of their house singing "The Buccos Are Going All The Way" and when my dad came home the only reason he didn't run her down was because she was holding me. I was one year old. :lol:
She found out 20 yrs. later he also lost $1000 on that game. She said "You should have hit me." :lol:
GO YANKEES!

I am glad the car was fixable. I hate repair bills. Bruce does as much as he can, thank goodness he worked in a Mechanics garage before college. He can do some stuff but not others.

Hi everybody.
Terri - That is Bill Mazeroski

mpinkham
10-12-2001, 10:10 AM
Ken does a lot of car repairs too, but with the new cars it is hard. You can't even put in a starter without hooking it up to a machine. They have you coming and going.

JanieD
10-12-2001, 02:06 PM
Hi Ladies,
I am deeply depressed my guys lost again last night. We went out to a sports bar had dinner and a beer to watch the game. I have to say except for the beer I did well. I only ate half of everything and put the rest in a box to take home.
I am not sure if I remained in my points range but I know it was very close. I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of October if the yankees are not in the playoffs. For the past 5 years this has been my October entertainment. I will have to do things like clean the house or something :lol:

HOpe everyone has a safe weekend.

Hugs,
Janie

Livinghealthy
10-12-2001, 06:21 PM
JanieD, everybody says my son looks like Derek Jeter. There's a commercial where he's sitting by a computer & he looks just like my David. Great picture of Jeter. We're planning to take a picture with his digital camera so you guys could see what I look like. FINALLY!!!
You seem to have self control. I think it's very hard when your hanging out, having a good time, to think about points. Back to the Yankees - Pete gets so upset when they lose. He doesn't even want to talk about it. :lol:

Terri, luckily your Mom found out 20 yrs. later about the money your Dad lost.

Myra, do you drive? I started driving late in life. Since I use to live in the Bronx I didn't need a car. When I moved to Long Island I had to learn. I really didn't have a choice. It was either that or depending on people which I hate to do.

Where's Zoe these days? Kolika, Mom4 Joyce? Come on Guys, we miss you:(

Luv,
Essie

mpinkham
10-12-2001, 06:33 PM
Oh, I definitely drive. I've driven since college. Can't get anywhere the places I've lived without it. The problem is that both Ken and I need our own cars and when one is down it is a real problem. He goes out in the field a lot so he needs his car through the day, not just to get to and from work. I also need to have access to my car throughout the day. I wish I lived somewhere where there was good mass transportation and we weren't so dependent on cars.

JanieD
10-12-2001, 07:08 PM
Essie,
Your David must have all the girls after him. I think Derek is a cutie, but actually I like Tino Martinez better :love:

Regarding self control: The trick is to ask for the box at the beginning of the meal and put half of the food in before you start to eat. Then you only have half the food on your plate.

See ya soon,

JanieD

decemberdianne
10-12-2001, 07:16 PM
Hello yankee fans!

OMG, janie I'm with you, don't know if I'll watch the series or not without my yanks! Great picture of Jeter, cutey-pie. congrats on your loss, BTW.

Es- If your son looks like Jeter, OMG -- he must have girls knocking down his door;) I love your computer cartoon. I do that a lot in real life, bang my head against the computer:lol:

Congrats to you to Myra, like es says, a loss is a loss, is a loss. You are doing great.

Hi Terri, Jen, Zoe, Bouphy (welcome!), joyce, Kolika, Momof4, and everyone else who's lurking - come join us:p

Well, I'm waiting for Willie to get home from work, he's taking me for dinner (yum). I think I'm gonna have shrimp scampi. Hope you guys have a great evening. Talk to yous soon.

Hugs,
Dianne

Jenny523
10-12-2001, 07:23 PM
Joe used to do all the work on our cars. In the last couple of years he's changed to having the work done at the dealer's. The manufacturers have made so many technological advances that it's simply the best way to go now. I for one am glad he's not under the car anymore!

Es, if David looks like that.....whoooeee! :cool:

Terri, too funny about your Dad and the bet. I love hearing about "the truth" finally come out after all those years. Glad he didn't run over you and Mom!

Janie, having come from a city that has perpetual losers (can we say Cubs? lol ) in baseball, my sympathies are with you. Kind of how we feel now about basketball.....with Michael gone, what's the use in watching? and what do we do during playoff time? Good hint about asking for the take-home box before eating!

Dianne....mmmmm...shrimp scampi, one of my favorites. enjoy!!

I'm so looking forward to the Bears' game on Sunday. They're actually favored by 10 points! Unreal. Missed last week's winning game when we spent the day out. GO BEARS !!!

Joyce, Zoe......long time no see!

later,
~Jen

Livinghealthy
10-12-2001, 08:56 PM
Yes, my son is a cutie. Even the married women at his job come on to him :mad: I'll just keep praying that he meets a decent young lady who will treat him good.

You all are such sports fans! Pete wishes I could get into sports. I try:rolleyes: He loves boxing too.

JanieD, good tip on asking for the box first. I have to remember that one.

Dianne, I love shrimp scampi. I can't have due to the high cholesterol:mad: Enjoy it.

Myra, the same with our cars. We have 2 but when 1 goes, it creates a BIG problem.

Jen, any plans this weekend?

Well, better go.

Till tomorrow

Dianne,
Enjoy that Shrimp SCAMPI. love it!!!!!

Enjoy that game Jen.

Your son sounds very cute ESSIE!!!!!

TTYL,
Terri

decemberdianne
10-13-2001, 11:40 AM
Good Saturday morning my buds :wave:

Janie - I must say, I relly like your taste in men:lol: Tino is a "hottie" too. I hope they win tonight's game or :cry:

Jen -- Please don't hit me, okay, but are the Bears a football team?:^: Sorry, but I don't follow football at all, so I wasn't sure. I like baseball and basketball and I never heard of the bears on either of those two sports, so by process of elimination, I figured it must be football:lol: I missed Michael Jordan too, but I want him back with the bulls, what the heck is this other team? It lost the last game it played. As much as I like Michael, maybe he should have quit while he was ahead.

Myra - sorry you're having so much car trouble - what a hassel. Until we got the new car, we had a 1991 plymouth acclaim, which we put more money into to fix over the years then the damn thing originally cost, I think:mad: Keep down the good weight loss.

Hi Es -- Can you tell me about the htp5 you and Myra always talk about? Is it a vitamin, is it a weight loss pill? Thanks.

Hey Terri -- How are you and the gang doing? WI day today at Terri's casa? Good luck - you guys are doing great.

Hi Patti/Zoe - where are ya, girl? Hope you are doing well.

Willie and I are going to see justin play in a concert tonight - should be fun.

Have a great weekend everyone. Talk to "yous" soon.

Here's a picture of Justin:

Hugs,
Dianne

decemberdianne
10-13-2001, 11:43 AM
Whoops! Actually that was a picture of Justin's drums:lol: Justin is playing them, but he's invisible -- ain't he :cool: ?

See ya
Dianne

Jenny523
10-13-2001, 01:56 PM
Yes, Dianne, the Chicago Bears are a football team. Theirs is the only game I watch; Joe's not into sports, will watch some football. He's a big fan of the sci-fi and discovery channels. We both like to watch the Olympics....I'm glad they're being held this winter.

Essie, the right woman will come along for your son....it's better to wait for the best, right? My son will be 23 this month, no girlfriend right now, but that's ok, the time will come much too soon!

Jess and her family are coming for dinner today. They were going to do the decorating for Halloween, but it's cool and raining here.
Instead we'll have a game night. Joe and I have done that with our kids on Sat. nights since the late 70's when they could first join in on the board games....funny now that one of the game companies is advertising "family game night". When my kids saw that ad, they said "hey, that's what we invented!"

hi to everyone :wave: Terri, Myra, Joyce, Zoe!

~Jen

Jenny523
10-13-2001, 01:59 PM
Terri,
cool Bears attachment! I know you don't mind if I "steal" it.......
~Jen

mpinkham
10-13-2001, 02:24 PM
Dianne, 5-HTP is an herbal based supplement that you can get at the health food store that raises your seratonin levels which helps you deal with stress better and therefore is helpful with stress related depression, binge eating and insomnia. It only works if it is stress related. I credit this supplement with my ability to stay OP the past few months. I was struggling, yo-yoing for about three years now. In May I weighed more than I ever did before. Then I read an article in Natural Health about 5-HTP. I've been taking it since the end of May and have lost every single week since then for a total of 25.6 lbs. now. It doesn't fill you up. It doesn't burn fat. It just makes stress more tolerable. If you want a copy of that Natural Health article, e-mail me. I have a scanned version.

Livinghealthy
10-13-2001, 02:53 PM
Hi Girls,

Poppin in to say "Wazzzzzzz Up":lol: Waiting for Pete to get home from work then we're going to the gym. I have to try & burn off 5 pts. of hershey's that I had a little while ago:rolleyes: I eat it, then I regret it. Happens all the time:mad: If I workout I won't feel so bad.

I'll be home alone this evening cause Pete's going to his brother's to see his other brother who is here from Cleveland. Since I'll be alone I rented The Mummy & The Mummy Returns! Looking forward to being home alone watching scary movies.

Myra, starting tomorrow I'm going to start taking the HTP's 3x/day.

Jen, I feel bad for David sometimes. He's very happy with his life style but all his friends are either married or have steady girlfirends. I'm the one that wishes he would SETTLE DOWN ALREADY! Pete says he's not ready. Well duh, if he was he would be with someone. Sounds like a fun family night "At Jen's House". My favorite is Scrabble! Usually when my family spends the holidays together they break out all their board games. They get upset cause I always leave early. It's just that they play for hours & they start so late. I can't hang out like when I was 30! Have a great time tonight ;)

Dianne, :lol: don't feel bad about the Bears. I wasn't sure either. Pete's not into football. He loves baseball & boxing. How was the shrimp scampi?

Terri, do tell!! We want to know how much everyone lost:)

Most likely I'll be back later since I'll be Home Alone! :D

Enjoy your day everybody:wave:

decemberdianne
10-13-2001, 05:54 PM
Hi Guys:

Willie's working today, so I'm playing around. We'll have dinner then go see Justin tonight.

Es - The shrimp scampi was great . Had it with rice pilaf instead of pasta and mixed vegetables. YUM. Es, don't rush David, by the time he finds someone, he'll really be ready to settle down. I know, you're waiting for the pitter/patter of grandbaby feet:lol: That will come too and I know you'll be a great abuela. In the meantime, you can borrow one of my 14;)

Jen - thanks for your patience as far as my knowledge of the bears is concerned. I just can't get into football, although I've heard the guys look pretty good in uniforms - is that what they mean by "tight end"?:s:

So terri - how did you and the gang do with your wi's? Hope you all did well.

Myra - thanks for the info re: 5-HTP. My e-mail address is december4dianne@aol.com.

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all having a good day - the weather here is beautiful - 70 degrees and sunny. Wish it was like this all year round. Talk to you's soon

Hugs,
Dianne

decemberdianne
10-13-2001, 05:55 PM
Whoops - forgot my attachment!