3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 09:11 PM   #16
Buggin' with Pugs

oh a buffet.......see my journal

Nutrisystem Start: 3/06
Nutrichicks RULE!!
Old 03-31-2003, 10:08 AM   #17
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey anyone in our grup of gals from Florida other than myself???

Nutrichicks RULE!!
Old 03-31-2003, 10:40 AM   #18

Height: 5'-2"

No, but it's friggin' cold out, and if you've got room, I'm coming down!!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 03-31-2003, 10:43 AM   #19
Buggin' with Pugs

Hey actually its cold here right now!!! Woke up, went to take the pup out and sheeshus is was freaking icy out!!!

Nutrichicks RULE!!
Old 03-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #20
Buggin' with Pugs

Default One for Raven...

Hey everyone!!! I was checking out RavenToy's journal and she mentioned wanting to try some of the protein type bars out there for her "i don't want to eat on the weekends" jags.

I so wish I had that problem...thats my worse time.

But alas....I have tried MANY of the bars and have came to the conclusion that Balance and Zone are the better ones. The others either have too many carbs, too sweet or taste like moss or drywall.
Of course like any 'diet' nutritional bar, you have to get used to the 'nutritional taste'. These below are very easy on the palate. Minimal 'after eating tounge slime" or after taste.

The winners are:

BALANCE BARS
These bars are very filling and can serve as a whole meal. I love these for Sat AM when I have class. I grab my milk and bar and on the way.

Balance GOLD line
Chocolate Mint Cookie (refreshing and just minty enough)
Chocolate Peanut Butter (not like a reeses, but pretty good, nice texture)
Smores (mmm this one is a yummy one)
Carmel Nut Blast (very reminescent of a Snickers)

They also have a line that has antioxidants, ginseng and calcium. I haven't tried many of these, but the ones I did Lemon Meringue and Yogurt Berry were tasty.

They also have an Outdoor line, like a granola. I don't care for granola, but these are not bad...would probably like them better if I liked crunchy bars.

In their regular line the winners are:
They have many more, but these are my preferences
Honey Peanut
Peanut Butter
Mocha Chip

XXXXXXXX

The ZONE Bars
They have quite a few and many are good, some suck (like the Chocolate Raspberry...nasty)
Fudge Graham
Apple Cinnamon
Blueberry Yogurt
Chocolate Peanut Butter
These bars a good...excellent balance of carbs/pro/fats...but I much prefer the Balance bars.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

There a few new ones out there I haven't tried, but I, personally, mainly look for nutritional balance, so the MyoPlex and high fitness ones, I don't venture too because they don't fullfill what I want. I have tried SlimFast and they are very tasty, very good, almost sinful, but if you look at the ingredients, you can eat a Snickers and get the same.

A company called Odessy has a new one out I am ging to try...I'll let you know. If you want to know about any others, let me know and I will tell you my opinion or go out and try it for ya!!!

I wanted to share in hopes it can help any of you.

Nutrichicks RULE!!

Last edited by RubensMuse; 03-31-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:40 AM   #21

Unfortunately, none of them are good for me. I'll start out with good intentions, but within 10 minutes I'll have eaten 6 of them.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 03-31-2003, 11:58 AM   #22
Student of the Hoof

Hey Rubens, thanks for the info! I appreciate that. I'm not in FL, but I'm a hop skip and a jump away in GA. It was chilly here this morning, too, darnit! Always has to get that last cold day in before the "real" spring.

'Fear is irrelevant if we make it so.' ~ Madcat

The Naked Hoof
Old 03-31-2003, 02:06 PM   #23

I had 2 Pria bars for lunch a few Saturdays ago (at 150 cals each) and I really liked the vanilla one. The chocolate one was OK but not as good.

I am going to try the Balance bar another time! I like them if I am on a long walk and I didn't eat lunch. Ellis like you I will eat a whole box if I buy a box, so I just get the one (or, in the case of the Prias, the TWO! And I only MEANT to eat one, and save one! But I didn't of course!)

Lidian
Old 03-31-2003, 03:32 PM   #24
Old Cackler

well, rubens, that did it. we're NOT twins!!! i think all those bars are gross and disgusting and too high in carbs and calories for not enough protein.

that's ok. i still think you're wonderful, and i know many people who like these things.

start: 506 [Sept 2001]
weight at gastric bypass [Jan 29, 2002]: 409
current weight: 225
weight for plastic surgery: 200
final goal: 180

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not medical advice. See your physician before taking advice found on the internet.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:04 PM   #25
Buggin' with Pugs

Now Jiffy have you tried the Balance? they are a 40 30 30 balance so i am not sure which ones you've tried that are high in carbs. i will admit some of this are pretty gross. Too bad we aren't twins....would have been an interesting conversation for me and my mom

Nutrichicks RULE!!
Old 03-31-2003, 05:16 PM   #26
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I have tried several of the darn things and really prefer real food. I'm such a frassing saint!
Old 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM   #27
Student of the Hoof

*snork* Saint Ruthie. I prefer real food too. Well. Ok, not all the time. On some weekends, I just have too much to do outside the house and end up not eating all day. It's not smart, but it happens. And I really don't miss it. So for those days it would be good to have something handy that I can at least munch on without ruining the whole day. Much better than just not eating all day, then coming home and thinking dinner is going to be enough. I've found I can't really eat much at one sitting now without becoming quite uncomfortable. *nose wrinkle* I ate a whole hamburger the other night and felt like I was going to die. I figure it's the lesser of two weevils, yaknow?

Like I said somewhere on this site before, I have this really noxious habit of going overboard with almost everything I do. One of the consequences of this ridiculous behavior is that when I "diet" I tend to start going to the extreme. I stop eating. That's why I've been using fitday to force myself to acknowledge that what I'm eating is in the healthy range, and no, I'm not going to wake up tomorrow looking like a hippopotamus. And now and then I find myself slipping into that behavior because of circumstance. Like this weekend. At least till I can adjust the behavior to where I will make sure I eat on a regular basis.

TMI, I know. I think I need to go home now!!

'Fear is irrelevant if we make it so.' ~ Madcat

The Naked Hoof

Last edited by RavenToy; 03-31-2003 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:57 AM   #28
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Well, I got weighed in at TOPS last night, the first time in a month and guess what, I was down 6 pounds from last time. I now weigh 229 again. Back down after my month off escapade. I feel much better now and I am back to the gym and out walking again.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:11 AM   #29

Good for you, Virginia!!

My goodness... little DS woke up this morning with a cough and achy arms and legs. I immediately thought, "SARS"!!!, but he seems fine... I'm keeping him home today.
A few kids in his class have coughs, so he must have just picked something up. I have a sinking feeling I'm getting it myself... curses... I can't get sick AGAIN!!

Old 04-02-2003, 08:26 AM   #30
Buggin' with Pugs

Whooohooo!!! On the weight loss!!!!!

I hope your little one feels better soon Ellis.

i get my blood results back today. The terds sent a postcard saying they were in! A postcard?!!.....sometimes I wonder about medical facilites. ((shaking it off)) anyway....i will let you all know what the results are. This test was done only a few days after i started 'eating healthy' and they want to run the tests again in 2 months. Probably sooner once the surgery is scheduled. It will be very interesting to see if there is any difference in the numbers.

Nutrichicks RULE!!
Closed Thread