Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 11:09 AM   #31  
a brave new me...

Smile Wow!

Sara, I am so impressed with those cakes. I've made several attempts at cake decorating and it is SO difficult! Your creations are beautiful and undoubtedly delicious.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:33 PM   #32  

Height: 5'-2"

Jiffypop, I'm so sorry about your Mom's Alzheimers. It must be particularly difficult for you. I'd say your siblings definitely should be pitching in with some money towards her care. I know you love your Mom, but you've got a far bigger burden than any amount of money can compensate for.

Ummm, my Mom is 78, and she's pretty much perfectly healthy other than that she treats me as though I'm HER mother! She's leaned on me emotionally since I was a little girl, and I'm finding the stress is becoming unbearable. She's easily hurt, but I'm just going to have to buckle down and talk to her about it before I have (another) nervous breakdown.

I'll be saying prayers for you and your Mom, Jiffypop.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:44 PM   #33  
Student of the Hoof

Sara, your cakes are lovely. I dibbled in cakes for a while, and had a lot of fun, but I never got to that point. Absolutely lovely.

Jiffypop - I'm so sorry about your mom. Bless your heart for being there for her. I really hope you can find some sort of help, though. ~Who will guard the guardians?~
Old 03-19-2003, 01:54 PM   #34  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Sara - the cakes are beautiful! I am so jealous. Good luck with the buisness!

Jiffypop - I hope everything works out with your mom.

Ellis - I hope you get to talk to your mom before you have a nervous breakdown. to you too.

Old 03-19-2003, 02:00 PM   #35  

Thank you sweet Squeak.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:04 PM   #36  
Old Cackler

ellis... my heart aches for you. i'm in a similar position with my mom, and it's been that way since i was a little girl as well. makes everything even more difficult. they BOTH need to get a life, at least one that's not yours or mine!

and that's one of the main reasons for this push to get help. i can't do this anymore!!!!

and ladies.. thank you so much for your kind words. they are just like big hugs for me.
Old 03-19-2003, 02:23 PM   #37  

Thank you, Jiffypop. Obviously we are BOTH far too charitable in lending our ears.
My sweet sister has offered to talk to my Mom about the situation this weekend. I just can't seem to do it myself. It's too stressful... I'm afraid she's going to have a stroke or something. Or cry. (never mind that I cried all weekend because I was so frustrated about her!)
I'm starting to really dislike and resent her, which is unfortunate because she's a riot and I love and admire her.
Old 03-19-2003, 03:09 PM   #38  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Jiffypop/ellis- {{{{HUGS}}}} Sorry you have this responsibility. Not fair... hope something good happens soon.

TA DA~ Chris said he would put my gym together Saturday IF there was room. Well, the garage now is 3/4 clean. No excuse now. There is plenty of room. He is not gonna believe his eyes. He will be shocked. I need to bug bomb the shed and I can wash it out and put my crafts out there. I lit sage in there today and told all the daddy long legs to leave as they were gonna be reincarnated if they didn't. There are so many! If it was just a few I would take them out, but the #'s just creeep me out! Once that is done, the garage may actually be used for my car too. Imagine that!!!
Old 03-19-2003, 04:04 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Did my taxes today Getting enough back to buy the new living room furniture that I have been eyeing and finish the remodeling in my house to get it ready to sell this summer or next fall.....

TA DUM ~ Washed my cell phone in my pants pocket this morning... I hope it will dry out and work again, don't want to have to replace it.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:50 PM   #40  

Thank you Flower.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:24 PM   #41  

Ellis & Jiffypop - My heart extends to each of you.

I worked with Alzheimers patients for almost a year before our daughter was born and I think the hardest part for the children was admitting that they could not handle everything themselves. Even the husbands and wifes felt this way. We had this wonderful old lady who thought we were some of her children. If we said a curse word infront of her she would chase us with the broom! She could curse like a sailor but no one else could. We have an organization here that will pick up older folks from their home and take them to the Senior Center and keep them active all day. They have a staff that exercizes with them, does arts & crafts, singing, field trips, swimming lunch and an afternoon snack. They then take them home. I think it is covered by medicaid here. Good Luck in finding what you need.

OI812 - thanks for pointnig that out! The program has everything on it EXCEPT spell Check!

I have no cakes for tonight and it looks like the tornados are not coming this way! So I plan to sleep very soon. Last night at 3 a.m. a huge storm cell came thru. I thought the house would shake apart. Both the kids woke up scared and it took forever to get them back to sleep.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:58 PM   #42  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Sarajane-WHAT GORGEOUS CAKES!!! I like that you say that taste is important too, because there is nothing worse than a gorgeous cake that tastes like air!!! I love the variety that you offer too...makes me want to move to Georgia and get married all over again!!! (BEER Cheesecake?!?!?! Is it really good? I know I LOVE dark beer and chocolate together, so I can see the possibility!)

Jiffypop-Good for you for getting some help. Going it alone with Alzheimers patients is tough. DH's grandfather had it, and it was a long and rough road.

Ellis-CARE FOR SOME CHEESE GROMMIT? (Seriously, I am glad your sister is helping you with this. Maybe she will chill out if she realizes how h pressure this has put on you.)
Old 03-20-2003, 12:46 AM   #43  

Thank you Sarajane.
I'm so glad the tornados passed you by. Sleep well!

Thank you for the support too, little Den.
Isn't he just the dandiest doggie?

I performed so many TA-DAs yesterday that I'm aching all over. I fell asleep at 8:00, but jerked awake to watch the war news.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:56 AM   #44  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Amy-did your phone dry out. Chris dropped his in the pool once. It worked again. Are you treating yourself better these days? What kind of furniture are you buying?? classic, modern, comfy?? I know you are so busy, but I miss posting with ya!
Old 03-20-2003, 02:13 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Phone is toast.... going to have to replace it .... man I am talented. I swear I checked those pants pockets....

We are getting a Neutral Color Set ~ Chair and Oottman, Couch (with bunchs of pillows- pillows are the the back instead of cushions) and a Love Seat.. I guess you would call it Classic/Comfy.... The tables are are big chest types with drawers and storage space (much needed)....

I am excited, We have been using some Country Blue (not a problem with the color) Country style hand-me down furniture that is probably 14 years old and only cost $500.00 for the sofa, chair, loveseat and tables then. It needed to retired or re-upholstered about 6 or 7 years ago. Our tables DH traded a computer hard-drive for about 5 years ago.... SO It will be a hoot to have new stuff. It will be a bigger hoot to have a new (to me) house to put the new stuff in ....

Busy is a good description- things are actually slowing down some. I am really trying hard to get things in order so that when I graduate that I will be able to get a large portion of our bills paid off in the about 6 months and then start on the house search... I would like to have a new house by next Christmas. I wish I could do it this summer but I really need 6 months of work to get out of debt. We should make a good bit of money off of our house but I just don't wont to get behind the 8-ball again. Having not worked in over 2 years has expended our credit card debit and then I will be picking up a school loan in about 6 months from graduation. Hopefully I can get in on the Nurses Reimbursement plan where they pay up to 75% of your loans if you sign on for a 3 year contract.

Well I am rambling in the Ta-Da post: Today I have taken my DS for a hair cut and am going to clean out my truck for the trip to the Karate Tournament this weekend.

Sara those cakes are AMAZING... where were u when I needed someone to make my wedding cake

Ellis and Jiffy Bless both of your hearts... you are in my thought and prayers....

Flower - I have missed posting with you too, wish that our little group had not of disbanded

Hugs to all,
Amy

Last edited by Amyjo01; 03-20-2003 at 02:18 PM.
Closed Thread