Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2003, 02:46 PM   #46  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

My newest ta da is that I went down and talked to the new age shop owner about how lonely I have been the last 2 weeks. She took my phone number down and said she'd call the next time she and her friends went to do something. Feel kinda silly, but hey I can't stay home all the time. Chris has made friends and is gonna play poker tonight. I am jealous so I said to myself that I would try to go make friends. Gosh it is awkward...will you be my friend?? She also said that I could sell some of my crafts at her booth at the farmers market come that time. That gets me modivated!

My other ta da is that I spent $ on 2 new outfits at walmart. A kahki pair of capris and a yellow/kahki striped t and a pair of nylon capris and a terry cloth matching polo shirt. They aren't my favorite over alls but at least I am trying!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:25 PM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My TA DA is that I finally got Old Fart Harry to come shopping with me for a decent sports coat. The Harris tweed is really ratty now. We got a gorgeous jacket AND I am having the alterations done at the store, not by me! That will free up two hours of sewing and 15 hours of *****ing about it! I HATE alterations! My navy suede coat has been worn with the sleeves rolled up a bit for three years now!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #48  
you can call me flower

I got the shed and the garage bug bombed. The black widow better never be seen again!!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 05:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Cleaned the inside and outside of my truck for our weekend jaunt (isn't funny how you clean a vehicle BEFORE you go somewhere, wouldn't it make more since to do it after?)

I fed my Koi, wormed my collie, Revolutioned my cats, and got DS hair cut.....

Ta-dumm ~ I have got to remember to take my heart medicine. Since I have cut out my 4 to 6 cups of coffee a day my heart palpitations have stopped but when I exercise they reoccur... but I forget to take my medicine because I am not acting up all day.... Duh....

Amy
Old 03-20-2003, 08:29 PM   #50  

Height: 5'-2"

Flower, good for you for making a new friend! It's not an easy thing to do as we get older. And I'm sure you'll make even more friends when you sell your crafts!

All I wanted to do this evening was crawl into my cozy bed, but I dragged my sorry butt out and walked down to the peace march on Parliament Hill with my friend Jim. I'm so glad we went... it was very moving. Quite a decent number of people turned out considering it was such a filthy, rainy evening. We all walked down to the American Embassy and met another group of protesters coming across the river from Hull. I'm cold and wet, but I feel good.

Amy, thank you for your prayers... that means a lot.

And congratulations on all of your ta-das, girls... you are wonderful!!
Old 03-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #51  

Good evening!!! My Ta-Da is playing tennis with the kiddies! It was a wonderful warm evening. I put on shorts and a crisp new t-shirt (they only feel that wat once!) with big cushy socks and tennis shoes. It was SO comfortable! I am asking for a new dress code at work now.

Ellis - Glad you went to a peace rally. I think we are past the point of no return, so we are focusing now on praying for the troops and the civilians of Iraq. I have a friend in Amman who married someone in royalty (her instead of me!?!?!?!) and I pray for her. She insists she is safe, but still I say a prayer.

Flower - glad you bombed the bugs! Now that is a peaceful bombing! I will participate in that wholeheartedly!!!

Ruthxxx- I made the hubby buy new shorts this weekend, he has split the crotch out of his and sewn them up 4 or 5 times. He says they are comfortable!(there are 4 different colors of thread) After we bought new ones last weekend, I came in today and he was dressing for work - HE WAS WEARING THE OLD ONES!!!!! I give up!

And don't get me started on the ripped underwear!!!

Flower - women love new friends! Then they usually bring them into the "group". You will end up with several new friends. As you should.

Amyjo - when we moved last, I gave all the old furniture to the Salvation Army with out telling the hubby. He was complaining about having to move it so I just had the furniture company deliver new to the new house and we left the old to be picked up.

Have a wonderful evening all!
Old 03-20-2003, 11:34 PM   #52  
a brave new me...

Arrow Tada...

I went downtown to the local peace vigil/war protest tonght. Miserable and cold and drizzly and foggy, but I'm very glad I went. I was surprised that there were about 100 people there... thats pretty good for this conservative area. I was flipped off four times, told to die and also to leave the country, and various other curses from redneck men in pickup trucks (probably heading home from the bar). But many people beeped in support. Ta da.
Old 03-21-2003, 06:23 AM   #53  
Must Shrink.

I went to an evening Yoga class in a neighbouring town with a friend and when I got home at 8:45, only had 1 slice of pizza, not 4, and a bowl of vegi soup.

I almost had 2 slices of pizza, but put the 2nd one back. That time of night it would have sat in my stomach like a rock.

Lamorgan
Old 03-21-2003, 11:51 AM   #54  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

flower- I understand what you mean by making friends. I'm soooo outgoing I thought it wouldn't be a problem for me but leaving all my friends and moving out west proved me wrong. Have you tried taking classes at the new age store? That's where I've met some of my good friends. A new age store near me would offer cool classes on tarot reading or ritual magick and I'd go a meet a lot of people with the same interest as me. Very good venue.

My TA-DA is fitting in all my journal entries for my creative writing class BEFORE class. I was soooo happy I got them all done!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:55 PM   #55  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Ellis, I think I saw you on the news this morning! Weren't you the one yelling and getting into a shoving match with the police? Just kidding but they did show the protest on Parliament Hill on TV this morning

My TA DA is that I went out for some shopping and dinner with my best friend last night and had a blast! We always have a great time together and end up laghing till our sides hurt. I am lucky to have her!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:00 PM   #56  

Height: 5'-2"

Ha ha. We were VERY peaceful. Before the march officially started, a recording was played over loudspeakers for about a minute... the very loud and disturbing sound of aircraft overhead dropping bombs. It was horrifying, and gave an excellent indication of the reality overseas. I shed several tears during the experience.
Glad you had fun with your friend, Mauvais!

love and hugs to all of you...
Old 03-21-2003, 03:14 PM   #57  
you can call me flower

I am not sure if this is an ta da or an excersice, feels like both. I gardened for an hour out front. No better way to bring in the first day of Spring!
Old 03-21-2003, 10:58 PM   #58  

My Ta-da for today is I cleaned out the paper supply room at work. I had to remove the shelving for use in a freezer truck we have until January so I had to put all the plastic cups, plates, coffee filters.... on pallets that I carried in all by myself. I was dreading this all week, but it was not so hard.

My Ta-da for tomoorrow is a BIGGIE- I am renting a building to open a Wedding Cake Shoppe!! The hubby asked what I was waiting on! We looked at the building last Saturday and evidentally I was supposed to have rented it already! Who knew?

Ellis - glad you had fun with you BF. I have not spoken to mine since I got married (11yrs) Don't know why. We both have kiddies now and I always thought they would grow up
together.

Lamorgan- I am not even going to tell you how many pieces of pizza I ate last night. Kudos to you!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 11:11 PM   #59  
you can call me flower

Ta da-we bbqed! It was such a perfect evening for it.
Old 03-22-2003, 01:04 AM   #60  
a brave new me...

Talking Ta da!

1) Cleaned in my bedroom and put away laundry for 45 minutes.

2) Paid bills, updated my check book.

3) Wrote and mailed two thank you letters to the people who interviewed me this week.

4) Went grocery shopping.

5) Returned phone calls and emails that I had been avoiding all week.

6) Made plans to go out with another couple for dinner whom we hadn't done anything with in a long time. Funny how that can be something I avoid doing sometimes.

7) Refilled prescriptions... something else I have been putting off because our stupid prescription insurance is now requiring us to use this mail order service. Its cheaper but a big pain to switch over everything. Glad that is done.
Closed Thread