Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 09:08 AM   #61  
Must Shrink.

Tim Hortons used to have the best Apple Fritters... until they recently started to bake them all at a central bakery and now they only heat them up at the donut shop. All the teenage bakers were laid off... I swear they used to have contests on who could make the biggest Fritters, on Sat morning the size of them was nearly frightening! Now they are teeny-tiny, square and hardly worth the bother.

Sigh.

Not that I would actually eat a donut. No, no, no....

I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to pay Dicky Dee with Canadian Tire money! I feel guilty about using it at the C.T. store! But I did find $20 worth recently and bought a slow cooker.

L
Old 12-06-2002, 09:34 AM   #62  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Okay, we will think about taking Pammy back but there is no way we are taking Celine Dion back- you are stuck with her!

My favorite Timmy's doughnut is the Canadian Maple- it is lke a boston cream but with maple flavor icing instead of chocolate. My second favorite is the glazed sourdough. Sigh I haven't eaten one of those in ages.

I love Canadian tire money! We recently bought a $50.00 coffee maker with $30.00 worth of C.T. money so it only cost $20! And a friend of ours bought a $200.00 barbeque all in C.T. money so it was like getting a free one!
Old 12-06-2002, 09:59 AM   #63  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, that Celine is a weirdo. You can also have Wayne Gretzky.

And we're keeping Mr. Dressup. Sweet old thing. Den... don't you say anything rude about Mr. Dressup.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:14 AM   #64  

Hey! I like Wayne!

You know you are Canadian when:

Your first part time job in high school was running the canteen at the local hockey arena.

Your second part time job was running the scoreboard at the local hockey arena on Saturdays.

Your first boyfriend was a hockey player

You had your front tooth broken in half by getting hit in the mouth with a hockey stick while playing street hockey with the neighborhood boys when you were 14.

You hum along to the theme of Hockey Night in Canada whenever you hear it.

You know all the words to the Stompin' Tom hockey song.

Your favorite tv commercial is the one where total strangers start playing street hockey on a busy downtown street while waiting at the bus stop.

You think Don Cherry is an national icon.

I am Canadian!
Old 12-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #65  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I guess we can keep Celine. She is spending 2 years in Vegas. That is far enough away from me.

Wayne is cool. But I would like to take Michael Peca! YUM! And our new goalie Martin Biron. *sigh* I love hockey players.
Old 12-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #66  

Speaking of Canadians... this is the wrong thread, but I think Brian Adams is pretty damned hot.
He put together a book of his fantastic photographs with the proceeds going to women's breast cancer research.
Old 12-06-2002, 03:44 PM   #67  
Must Shrink.

Can I still be Canadian if I hate Hockey??

Lois
Old 12-06-2002, 04:17 PM   #68  

I dunno about that Lamorgan... seems kind of unpatriotic if you ask me...well I guess that as long as you like Tim Horton's (who was a hockey player BTW) it will be okay
Old 12-06-2002, 04:18 PM   #69  

I feel the same way. Bunch of big brutes knocking each other about on the ice.
Of course, I wasn't actually BORN here.
Old 12-06-2002, 04:24 PM   #70  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

My great uncles were the original Silver Seven of the original Senators - we are talking 1900's here. My mother grew up hearing about hockey and hated it. I hate it too!
But then my idea of sport is fishing with a bamboo pole and cork bobber!
Lamorgan, we ARE Canadians!
Old 12-06-2002, 05:04 PM   #71  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I really thought this was funny because the majority of my shopping was done at Walmart this year. I spend entirely too much money at that store.

Dear Friends: I have been watching you very closely to see if you have been good this year and since you have I will be telling my elves to make some goodies for me to leave under your tree at Christmas. I was going to bring you all gifts from the 12 days of Christmas, but we had a little problem.

The 12 fiddlers fiddling have all come down with VD from fiddling with the 10 ladies dancing, the 11 lords leaping have knocked up the 8 maids a-milking, and the 9 pipers piping have been arrested for doing weird things to the 7 swans a-swimming. The 6 geese a-laying, 4 calling birds, 3 French hens, 2 turtle doves and the partridge in a pear tree have me up to my sled runners in bird ****.

On top of all this Mrs. Claus is going through menopause, 8 of my reindeer are in heat, the elves have joined the gay liberation and some people who can't read a calendar have scheduled Christmas for the 5th of January.

Maybe next year I will be able to get my **** together and bring you the things you want. This year I suggest you get your asses down to Wal-Mart before everything is gone.

Sincerely, Santa Claus
Old 12-06-2002, 08:44 PM   #72  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

I love hockey. Played on a girls hockey team for two years when I was in my teens. I will take Pamela if no one else wants her.
Virginia
Old 12-06-2002, 08:50 PM   #73  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

FUNNY FLOWER!!!

Tim Horton's-i usually don't LIKE doughnuts, but I love their Walnut Sticks!!!
My kids like ALL of them, but they especially like those maple things Mauvais!!! I also like their frozen cappucinos!!
Old 12-07-2002, 01:02 AM   #74  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Yeah well you can have Pammy back, and Alex Trebek, Alan Thicke, and Martin Short, and The rest of the Cast of SCTV but we're keepin' Mike Meyers! He's ours now, and you can't have hime back so there! Nyah! LOL! I just love that guy, he's so funny, and he was naturalized an American this summer.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:21 AM   #75  
a work in progress...

NO! I love ALL the SCTV gang! ...but you can have Alan Thicke...
Closed Thread