Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 07:10 PM   #76  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

OOPS!! Submitted too soon!!!

Ruth-Hope the wrist is healing nicely. Don't push yourself like last time. We want you back in ONE piece!! CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your 9 grandbabies!!!!!

Ellis-I certainly do HOPE that we have not damaged your delicate sensibilities with our brutish discussion........
Old 11-28-2002, 10:14 PM   #77  
the kid's counting on me!

Ruth...congrats on the puppies! How wonderful. Is Harry a dog person too? Was anyone else there to help since you had your surgery? How nice of Hershey to give you a nice mix of boys and girls!

Hope your wrist is feeling okay.
Talk to you girls soon
Love,Soozie
Old 11-29-2002, 07:18 AM   #78  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Yeah Hershey! What a good girl, 9 little babies! I bet they are so cute Ruth. I love puppies, and there wet little noses. Congratulations Ruth! Hope your wrist is not giving you too much trouble. Before long you will be cuddling those cute little puppies!
Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving! I sure did not enjoy my Happy Thursday. I had the flu yesterday, blah! I hate being sick! Feeling much better today bit still not 100%.
Virginia
Old 11-29-2002, 09:14 AM   #79  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Congratulations on becoming a doggie Grandma Ruthxxx!

Holy snowstorm Batman! I can't even see out of my office window. Well I guess this will put everyone in the Holiday spirit (as in wish I were on holiday and home in bed! )
Old 11-29-2002, 09:46 AM   #80  

Yes Ruth! Congrats! Babies of any kind are wonderful!

Shaving.........hmmm........

Last year I found one growing out of my chin! I was horrified! I've been going to an electrolysist (sp?) and it seems to be gone permanently! eek!

I just really wish they could come up with a miracle shaving cream........you know what I mean - one that you put on and the hairs don't come back for at least a year?

Pits I can deal with - legs are a pain....but the crotch? how do those models deal with the itching that comes with the all around bikini wax? I never could stand that kind of itching! drove me nuts!

All I do is trim and use conditioner........hubby jokes that afterwards I should put a pink bow on it like they do at the animal groomer!

Ms. Cornrows (made me laugh hysterically!) oughta like that one !

Terri
Old 11-29-2002, 11:17 AM   #81  
Must Shrink.

Oh what a treat to read this thread! I'm a hairy person, always cursed it, and I'm good friends with my razor. I like to be smooth. But don't have a lot of time to shave. Oh well.

Mom in law is here... It's been days and days. I'm realizing how much of a private person I am, and cannot talk about the weather any more.

I itch all day until John comes home and then I chug down 3 sherries while I make supper.

It helps.

We have the temperature up 4 degrees and she's still complaining about how frigging cold she is.
I think she goes on Sunday..... We had to look for times for the mass at the local rc church. I'm not going! I'll sip Sherry.

L
Old 11-29-2002, 12:21 PM   #82  

Lamorgan...my heart goes out to you. I adore my Dad but we always fight about the heat. His house is so warm I can't even breathe. And when he is here he tells me my house is freezing cold. I keep my thermostat on 66 or 67 and I know that sounds cold but my house feels cozy and snug at that temperature. He cranks it up to 70 and still complains. I tell him to wear his long johns when he visits and an extra sweater and I wear shorts and tshirts to his house in the winter

Last night at Thanksgiving my mother in law...DP's mom...kept saying how I wasn't eating. I ate more than I've eaten at one meal in two months. She said, I know that you're trying but you don't have to starve yourself. It was definitely meant as a compliment and I felt really good. She said she could see in my face that I had lost weight. I felt so much better in my clothes. I actually thought that I looked cute!

Anyway, MIL said to me in the kitchen with a fake pout on her face, I don't like you anymore because you didn't eat enough of my food, and then said, in a serious voice, but, I'm proud of you, I know its hard and its good that you're doing it for your health and to be around for DD.

That felt so nice. Oh, I'm off on a ramble and have a bunch of things to do before the Chanukah party tomorrow.
love, Soozie
ps La...give her a sweater and a hot cup of tea...
pour the tea on her head and stuff the sweater in her mouth..
uh oh, just kidding, hope the anti-mother-in-law-defamation-league doesn't come after me!
Old 11-29-2002, 12:31 PM   #83  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Soozie,
You are more than cute, you are beautiful girl. Your MIL sounds like a real sweetie. It feels wonderful when someone notices your weight loss and how hard you are trying.
I just got back from the gym and one of the instructors there, (I only know her from the gym) came over to me and said "wow, you are doing so good, you really look great, you have lost a lot of weight". Well, that made me beam. It feels great to be complimented on something we work so hard at.
Hugs to you, and keep up the good work!
Happy Chanukah !
Virginia
Old 11-29-2002, 09:10 PM   #84  

Having an Italian mother in law is tough. Mine is too. I KNOW she wants me to lose weight (she's skinny), but at holidays she is always telling me "You can't diet NOW, it is....(Fill in holiday!)" I love her a LOT too, but the whole food thing is tough with her. When she gets "upset" because i have only eaten one of her meatballs for example..........mind you she makes 1/4 pounders. And fries them in garlic and olive oil before they even go in the sauce!!! She says, "I know you are trying to diet. So don't eat more than two or three." I may eat a lot, but even I can't handle THAT!!! But she does, and stays thin. Like DH who finished the trifle last night!!! (oog...)

OH!! Fun at their house is eating a Thanksgiving meal and then weighing yourself to see how much you have GAINED!!! I think that is just SICK!!! One of the reasons i don't mind doing it here. I hide the scale!!!!
Old 11-29-2002, 09:28 PM   #85  

My mother in law can be wonderful and sweet and BRUTAL! She was heavy but lost alot of weight in the past five years just from being anxious and from having digestive problems. But, now she is an expert on weight loss...even though she was heavy for so many years and only lost weight because of health issues...gotta love that

Its not just her that pushes the food...my DP has two Aunts that never married. They're quite elderly now and not so active but when I first met DP the first time I went to her parents house it was like I was surrounded by her mom and these two aunts who all came at me, whisked me into a kitchen chair, pushed me up to the table and started plopping ladle-fuls of food on my plate! "oh, look at her, she eats like a bird" they always said...I was over seventy pounds lighter then than I was at my high point!

They were so funny!
Love,SooZie
Old 11-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #86  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Barefootgrrrl~thanks for the link to the shoe store! I went to the site and laughed my butt off when I clicked on to "shoe of the month"...I have almost the identical giant Mary Jane shoe they featured except the sole isn't as thick looking.

Just call me Immelda
Old 11-30-2002, 12:35 PM   #87  

YUP!! I keep on saying if I manage to lose the weight I am NOT going to do that. People don't understand that different strategies work for different people. Health worries are the BEST motivator. I was losing weight FINE last ewinter because of my weight related menstrual difficulties. Then my skinny sister started having the same problems, and I couldn't stick to it any more.
I NEED TO GET MOTIVATED AGAIN!!!!!

Mauvais-Still like shoes, but now I just look!! I basically just wear tennies and birkenstocks!!!
Old 11-30-2002, 06:26 PM   #88  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Hello Ladies, It has been quite awhile since I have been here I didn't realize how long till I posted on one of Sooz's other posts & realized I was 146 or something like that..I forgot already. Anway, I managed to get down to 136 & did come back up to 138ish, although haven't weighed in a week...So anyway to all of you I had been doing just fine & still losing! LOL!

It is nice to come back & see some new faces as well as some old friends!

My life had been quite chaotic while I was gone...to say the very least! Hmm where to start. Ok Breast cancer diagnosis. Had 1 tumor out, then discovered another & that as well has been removed. Then about that time, my Father sunk into a deep depresion & turned to the bottle & nearly drank himself into a coma. So my step-mother & I did a lovely (stated with sarcasim) intervention & had him committed against his own will. The same night that we are doing that & I am at the hospital with an angry drunk telling me to let him just die, my Father in Law suffers a severe heart attack while my kids are there & see him get pounded with CPR trying to bring him back, so between running to hospitals, & Dr offices & family counseling, and it being my busiest time at work, I develope a mutated staff infection at my second removal site. Oh yeah & that darling puppy that I wanted despertly chews & destroys everything in site, including my children. I am the only one that likes the poor thing!

OK now for the good news! My infection is healing..finally...after 4 different medications, & packing & daily Dr visits. My Dad is back home & while there are still rough moments, he is my Dad again. My husbands father is not as good. Still having problems & also discovered 2 spots on his lungs, but we take that 1 day at a time. The darn dog still chews! LOL, but is still so cute that when I feel the nervous breakdown coming I cuddle up with her knowing she will lick the tears away!

I have been cleared to start vigorous exercise again, so decided to come back here for the motivation to keep at that, as well as work on those last 10-15 pounds that seem to be 10 times harder than the first 50!
Old 12-01-2002, 04:18 AM   #89  

Height: 5'-2"

Good grief, Chris!! You've been through **** and back!! I'm so sorry, hon. And glad that you're doing okay now. I'll say prayers for you and your dad and father-in-law. Hugs...
Old 12-01-2002, 07:24 AM   #90  
Hot Stuff

First of all, welcome back, Christina! Holy crow, you've been through it all recently, haven't you? Glad your infection is healing, your father is doing better, and sending good vibes for your father-in-law. The puppy is going to chew no matter what, that's what puppies do, so spend as much time cuddling her as you can. She'll be grown before you know it. I hope your life calms down a bit and you can enjoy the holidays.

Link? Shoe store? Where? I missed that. Probably a good thing, though....

Lamorgan, sorry to hear of your MIL woes. Hope they get better.

Ruth, congrats on the babies! Little furfaces...so adorable...I'm not allowed to enter any pet stores (as decreed by hubby) because I want to take all the animals home. They look sad, lonely, cages aren't clean enough, don't have fresh filtered water from a circulating pump like my cats do.....you know....I'm just a little insane when it comes to animals.

I can honestly say I don't have a problem with my MIL. She's a sweet lady. And she lives in a different country.
Closed Thread