Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2002, 07:37 AM   #91  
HW 195/CW 152/GW 125

Thanks for all the good wishes! There were times when I just wanted to close the bedroom door climb into bed for the day & hide, but with so much going on, there was no time for a nervous breakdown. I think with it all happening at once I didn't have time to totaly dwell on 1 thing & just had to keep going.

Well I just got on the scale YIKES! Higher than I expected, so now I have to go find the thread to post my weight to keep motivated!

Hmm, how can I get my MIL to move to another country? Perhaps I wouldn't want to choke the life right out of her then!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:16 AM   #92  

Chris.............We have been wondering and worrying about you!

So glad to hear from you. You need a break my dear....... Calgon, take me away! ( hmm.....am I the only one here old enough to remember that slogan?)

Well, anyway, I hope you can get away for some R&R whatever form it takes!

Take care grrlfriend, so glad you let us know how you're doing!

Sending you Peace, Love, Warm Fuzzies and Good Health
Terri
Old 12-01-2002, 09:32 AM   #93  

Height: 5'-2"

Ha! I remember Calgon!

Terri is right... make sure you're looking after yourself, Chris. Sometimes the nervous breakdown comes AFTER you've been a survivor (words of experience).
Old 12-01-2002, 12:04 PM   #94  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Christina- big ((((hugs)))) to you. Maybe all the commotion was the universe just keeping you busy so you wouldn't fall apart. One or two of the events could have turned anyone into silly puddy. We are proud of you!!!! Now, you can't go hide after you have dealt with all that. I too know that the worst is after the storm.

The other night Grif woke up screaming and coughing and he was only happy if he was laying on top of me. Well, 29 pounds ontop of your chest is a lot in this higher altitute. I felt such a relief when he was back asleep and I could lay him back down on the love seat. That made me think how much better I would feel if I lost 29 pounds. I would feel such a relief. And if I lost 58, I might be able to touch the clouds. I wish I could bottle up that feeling and put it in a vial and any time I felt like I was loosing control over the sugar moster I could take a sniff and all would be better. Last night I absent mindingly stuff my hand into the vinegar and salt potato chips. I thought, why I am I eatting??? I put them back and washed the flavor off my hands. I then got ready for bed. That isn't always so easy to do. Today should be easier, I have planned and shopped for the dinners here until the 9th of Dec. I only spent 60 at the store too. We had a lot of the ingredients already but lately we spend 250 a week. True there are 7 of us, and name brands, no coupons and snack foods rule the roost. But look where that has gotton me.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:14 PM   #95  

Flower, poor little Grif. But what a great analogy! Maybe I should try going to bed with a 20 pound bag of potatoes on my chest.
I think we should have some sort of brain surgery. Something that triggers a dreadful smell when we see good food.
Old 12-02-2002, 01:09 PM   #96  
Must Shrink.

Survived the visit, mom in law left on Sat afternoon, I think she's just as sick of me.

Chris, wow, what a trial you've had. Isn't life like a sadistic sit-com sometimes???

Off to donate blood. They'll probably reject me. If my count is under 120 they won't take it and I'm always borderline. Just finished menses last week, so I'm geared for rejection.

We have snow this morning! Lots. Well, lots for early Dec. 4 inches I think.

I need to grocery shop to get some good food in the cupboards. Ran out of my bran bread last week and the vegetable situation is not good.

Bye for now...

Lois
Old 12-02-2002, 02:05 PM   #97  
a work in progress...

Mine lives on a different coast...3000 miles away...ahhhh! Got to love that! Except for the years that they would come out here to visit...FOR A MONTH AT A TIME!!! Good Lord, how did I survive? Heck, how did they survive?
Old 12-02-2002, 04:08 PM   #98  
Is it Friday yet?

Hello everyone!

Ellis planted a bug in my head to get back over here. Work's been busy, but I'm finally getting some office help (aka my Mom with her butt stapled to the chair).

In a nutshell with me - busy. Mom's having her needle biopsy today - actually as I speak. I have a Dr.'s appt. today because she thinks I have high blood pressure when all weekend it's tested normal (I can think of another way of spending $65, I have no insurance, but I'll still go to show her I'm taking my health seriously). Aaaaand, what else.... Oh, yea. Joined Curves in October and have gone faithfully 3x a week since then.

Chris!!!! It's SO good to see you and I send you my good thoughts and a long distance shoulder to lean on. *What* a time you've had! Just crazy... I agree with everyone, take care of you so you can better take care of everything else!

Ruth - Congrats on the babies! Pictures! We need pictures!

Katrina, Lamorgan, Terrrri, Soozie, Flower, Wildfire, Dent, Mauvais.... missed you all!
I should be getting my computer back from my friend soon (she's a tech and is upgrading everything for me) and will be able to be online during the weekend and better able to keep up!

Hugs n' stuff,

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 04:20 PM   #99  

Terri!!! You ARE busy! Hey, I hope your mom is alright. I'll say a prayer for her. hugs...
Old 12-02-2002, 05:23 PM   #100  
Is it Friday yet?

Thanks Ellis - she actually just called. She sounds good, she was in for 2 hours and had her mamatome done (a fancy biopsy done with a hollow needle, they insert a scoop inside the needle and take out the "spot" that way). She's off to have some food now and then home.
Now's the dreaded wait.... my surrogate Grandma (adopted our family after my Grandma passed) is a lab technician and diagnostician - last time she got the results from a coworker and called us 3 days before the Dr. did. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she'll see the lab work early again!

Thanks a bunch for thinking of her/us!

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 07:51 PM   #101  
Must Shrink.

The waiting has to be the worst. Thoughts are with you...

I gave blood, shoveled snow, made supper, now I'm ready to veg. So tired.

Yoga tomorrow!

'night all...

Lois
Old 12-02-2002, 09:45 PM   #102  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Terri-I'm sending good thoughts your (and your mother's) way. Hope the biopsy comes back negative. Worrying about your Mom is probably second only to worrying about your kids. And the others are right; waiting IS the worst part. ALSO...GLAD TO SEE YOU BACK POSTING!!!!

Lamorgan-I used to donate blood too, but 3 of the last 4 times I have ended up with MASSIVE bruising, so I am avoiding it now!!! Anyway, i am the universal parasite, so they don't want mine as often as they want DH's!!!

Ellis-I already have TWO twenty pound sacks of potatoes on my chest!! I think I'd rather LESSEN them than add to them!!!

Flower-Hope Grif is feeling better!!
Old 12-03-2002, 10:46 AM   #103  
Is it Friday yet?

'ola dahlings!

Mumz doing fine this morning... crabby, but fine

I have white coat hypertension. I'm SO happy!!!! My Dr. checked my monitor against theirs and they're pretty much dead on. When I got there yesterday my BP was 175/89 (!). Over the last 4 days I've been monitoring myself and my BP's been between 118/75 to 126/85. I told my Dr. "this place is making me sick!". She laughed and said she was thrilled that it was just WCH and not needing medication (yea, me too!).

Gonna be a slug today after work. We have freezing fog... I drove home from Curves in it last night and don't really want to do that again.

Ta', hugs n' noogies,

Terri
Old 12-03-2002, 06:02 PM   #104  
Is it Friday yet?

Mom's healthy!!!

Her test came back negative... wahoo.

Resuming normal life,

Terri
Old 12-03-2002, 06:26 PM   #105  

Terri, thank God (and whoever else had a hand in it)!! I'm so glad to hear the news.
Closed Thread