Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 02:03 PM   #61  
the kid's counting on me!

Gotta get ready for the shore. My dd was so cute, saying she really wanted me to come along and that it would be so much fun...I'll clean when we get home!

Ellis, don't worry about the fridge. They can take the doors off to get it through small doorways...speaking from personal experience. That makes it much thinner. And about that mouse, why don't you offer him the feta cheese. That would solve two problems at once. I think the salt and your period can really blow you up. I'm with Kat lots of water and just for good measure drink a few of Kats cranberry flush outs.

Kat, I can't believe that you are also with us on the hormonal journey. Too bizarre. So, we're all at a good place for beginning our goal. Flush out all of those toxins and eat well and move those bodies.

Chris, please don't kill your in-laws. Murder is just such a tacky affair and produces alot of bad karma. Plus I heard that prison food is very starchy, you would hate it. Just turn the other cheek and kill them with kindness. Put out lots of good loving energy and try to see them as the flawed human beings that they are, they are just like the rest of us,don't allow them to have too much power. Try not to let them influence your mood or how you feel about yourself. Ground yourself in what is important to you, picture a shield around yourself when you are with them and let their judgements and their nasty comments belong to them...don't take them in. I know it is easier said than done. But, just try and keep putting out positive energy and you won't be brought down by their stuff. (sorry, sometimes the therapist in me justs jumps to the surface...down girl, down, down)

I'll talk to you when I get back on Tuesday.

Love, Soozie
Old 07-28-2002, 03:02 PM   #62  
a work in progress...

I'm SO glad mine are 3000 miles away...my husband is jealous...he wishes HIS in laws were that far away too! So do I sometimes...
Old 07-28-2002, 03:59 PM   #63  

Height: 5'-2"

Kat, you're killing me, heh heh. That's hilarious!! I'm sorry...I know it wasn't funny at the time, but I can totally relate to it. I would have been alternately crying/screaming/pulling out my hair in frustration.
I like your response to my cheese thingy... "try weighing again today." A woman after my own heart... weight once a day.

Soozie, you're going to the shore, huh? Have fun! (I'd rather stay home, too.)

I dunno, Chris... there's a woman in Canada (retired grandmother... I think about 65 years old) who tied herself to a tree (Kumquat Sound) and was put into prison for a year. She said it was a wonderfully peaceful experience. No one bothered her, and she just read books all year. Sounds pretty damned good to me. But maybe you shouldn't kill them. Just ummm, I don't know. I completely agree with Soozie. But I sure wouldn't mind going to jail for a year!

I'm running out of tampons. Anyone got any extras?
xo
Old 07-29-2002, 10:08 AM   #64  

Hello, I hope you don't mind having a lurker around!!! I was just reading Katrinabgood's post about Philly. I hate driving to that city. I avoid it at all cost. My fiance is always wanting to go there and I told him the other day he can go when he gets his liscense back!!! As for the In Laws, well mine aren't officially In Laws yet, but his mother drives me crazy. She would love to turn me into her. I recently moved here from Iowa so I have none of my family around me. I think that woman thinks she can change me cause of that. Well, anyway I hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.
Heather
Old 07-29-2002, 07:57 PM   #65  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Doo doo doo doo...doo doo doo doo (Twilight Zone again)

Just lurking around the New Forum, and read your posts...
Guess what? at this very moment I am PMSing and jonesing for a giant bag of super salty pretzels, tomorrow is the big bad day
How weird is it that all of us are in the same boat in the same week?

BTW Ellis, Feta cheese is very salty so it could have given you a 1 to 2 lb bloat.

...also, thank goodness my parent's don't interfere in our lives-they live in the apartment right under mine and DH's although we did by a carpet for under they bed about a week after they moved in

Last edited by mauvaisroux; 07-29-2002 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:35 PM   #66  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WOW!! I knew that Ellis and I were on the same schedule, but Soozie and Mauvairoux too??? Judy Chicago once did a menstrual bathroom, sounds like we could do our own, and much more graphically too!!!!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:38 PM   #67  

P. S. (periodically soaked) I don't usually use tampons, but I bought 'em for my trip, and I have TONS left over Ellis!! Just come and get 'em!!
Old 07-30-2002, 09:16 AM   #68  

ah, everyone is pmsing. Empowering, disgusting, call it what you will... it's weird!! Thanks for the feta support, Mauvais.

Were we supposed to weigh yesterday, Soozie? I've lost a pound. And I know it's a real pound, because I've been weighing every day, and it's remained constant. Don't tell me not to weigh every day. I just HAVE to!!

Hey Den! How the **** are you? Just ruined another pair of underwear. And a pair of shorts. You don't usually use tampons? I didn't used to, either, but I can't stand that trickling feeling any more.

Gotta get my kitchen ready for the new fridge.
later darlings... xoxo
Old 07-30-2002, 02:56 PM   #69  

HI!!
Ellis-YUP!! A pair of undies and a pair of Jeans here!!!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:42 PM   #70  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hola chiquitas!

I just read in a magazine that bloat caused by salty foods could cause a 3 to 6 lb weight gain so I guess eating Feta cheese or yummy salty pretzels while Pmsing is not a great idea

I am assuming this goes away if you stop eating the salty food!
Old 07-30-2002, 08:34 PM   #71  

Kat, darling
Happy Anniversary!!!!
We want to know what you ate. Go ahead, tease us...

3 to 6 pounds, Mauvais!?!?! scream!!!
Good grief!! THANK YOU!

Den...

Hey girls... my fridge is here! You can read about it in Alternachicks if you like. It's very beautiful. Except my 6 year old keeps putting his grubby little fingers on the stainless steel, and I have to keep wiping it down.
My husband is getting home soon. He's going to be so surprised to see that the new fridge is not still stuck in the front hall. I sawed off the door frame to get it into the house. SURPRISE!!!

later darlings...
Old 07-30-2002, 09:09 PM   #72  

Ellis-CONGRATULATIONS on the refrigerator!!!!!!!!!! By the way, sawing off the door frame counts as exercise!!!! And wiping off little grubby fingerprints does too!!!

Kat-CONGRATULATIONS on your 19th Anniversary!!
Old 07-30-2002, 11:14 PM   #73  
the kid's counting on me!

Kat, Congrats on your anniversary doll !!!! Come visit our new forum by going to general and then alternachicks. We have a weigh in thread there and the thread for the September challenge.

Ellis, you didn't even saw off the door frame...or did you??? Couldn't you just take the doors off of the fridge?? Or had you already done that and it still didn't fit through?? Our house still in disarray. Getting there slowly. have to go back to work tomorrow. Not ready. No laundry done. Nothing to wear. Nice new countertops in the kitchen though...

haven't even thought about work for days. have to get back into the groove. feel like a major space cadet!! just focusing on where to put the spices and what is the most convenient place for the tupperware!!!...maybe here, no over there, no that shelf, well this cabinet is a good place for....hmmmm ....maybe....well I'll just lower this shelf a bit and raise this one a bit and.....SOMEONE STOP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey girls. Maybe now that we're a forum some fat lesbians will find us and I won't be the only you know what here...you know what...the "L" word, the "L" word...

I love you girls. Let's lose some weight.
Soozie
Old 07-31-2002, 06:52 AM   #74  

Thank you for the congratulatory message re: my fridge, Den.
My DH came home last night and cleaned the floor where the old one had stood. And removed the two dead mice. My son was NOT impressed to hear that the cute little mouse he'd seen in the TV room had been poisoned by his mother!

Yes, Soozie... I really did saw off the door frame. The two idiots that brought the fridge told me that they couldn't take out the bottom drawer (freezer... pull-out drawer) without unscrewing it, which would mean realigning it, yadda yadda. And that it would take them several hours. So I told them to get out and I would get it in myself. The thought of having those whiners/weiners in my house for hours did NOT sit well with me.

How exciting... putting all your stuff into the cupboards! We're all terribly jealous. If you have extra space in the cupboards, just remember... you don't have to fill it!! (right, Den? "Hey, I've got a bit of extra space in the house... BETTER FILL IT WITH SOMETHING!")

Hey, I'm doing the same thing with my fridge... organizing it. You know, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think there are too many shelves in it. When they're all in place, it's very tight for space in there.
Oh listen... inside on the door is this Brita water filter thing. It sort of hangs on the door on the inside, and it's got a little tap so you can pour yourself a glass of cold water. When my DH got home last night, my six year old was showing it to him. "Look Daddy! This is for getting a drink of water, AND for washing your hands!!"

Oh Soozie. Sob. We're just not enough for you, are we? You really want a lesbian friend. Sniff.

later darlings...
Old 07-31-2002, 09:28 AM   #75  

The lurker is back. I posted on this thread a couple of days ago and then didn't come back! Sorry about that. I think you are a great group and seem to know how to have fun. I hope you don't mind me hanging around. I'm not pms-ing. Is that ok? I did that last week. In the process had the whole house fighting. OOPS!!! Soozie, I'm not a lesbian either. But always willing to try new things!!! Just don't let my fiance know!!! Anyway you guys really do seem like a great group.
Heather
Closed Thread