Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 01:42 PM   #91  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I stopped at my DD's house to see if Dami was there, nope. I called him and left a voice message since he didn't answer. Hope he calls back.

Rosie...doesn't Tim's parents eat the moose meat? Or maybe you share, I love moose. But then I like Elk, deer and antelope too. Bruce likes the taste of antelope the best. One year he shot a buffalo in South Dakota and we ate on that for 2 years, the best meat ever.

Cajun....wow, 2 more pounds and you're at 20 lb loss. I'll bet people have noticed by now and your face is probably thinner. FANTASTIC!

Yesterday on the 7 Day Cabbage soup diet was hard. I'm a huge vegetable lover but eating only that all day got boring.
Day 1 133.2 lbs. FRUITS ONLY + CABBAGE SOUP

DAy 2 130.8 lbs. BAKED POTATO FOR BREAKFAST, VEGGIES ALL DAY + CABBAGE SOUP. I ate a zillion raw baby carrots at bedtime, I was so hungry. I think that's why the scale didn't go down much.

Day 3 130 lbs. FRUITS & VEGGIES + CABBAGE SOUP
Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Dee Lou I was on the same medicine and that happened to me. My Bp was too low. He took me off completely and so far it's ok. Good idea to let him know. I had to take Bp everyday and chart it for him.

Bobbi yes people are saying my face is slimmer. I feel it in my clothes too. I just washed all my jeans in hot water and put them in the dryer to shrink them. Before it was cold water and hang dry. Lol.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Bobbi I'm hoping he calls you back. Hugs
Old 09-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, I think you will lose on that diet. You are right, it is to jump start your loss or break a plateau, not a long term diet. But I don't think it's unhealthy since you don't do it for a long time. I wish I could do that, but DH wants to eat other things and always wants me to eat with him. I think he likes me fat. LOL

Hope DGS calls you back.

Cajun, you are doing wonderful! Congratulations!

Deelou, you are doing well, too!

Mary, I'm glad your A1c is much better. I know you will not let yourself gain more weight. Sometimes when you quit trying so hard you don't focus on food so much and you lose without trying. Being healthy is most important.
Old 09-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #95  

Bobbie,hope your grson calls you as for your question we share the moose,the work in processing it etc. we all would rather eat moose than beef rosey
Old 09-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #96  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Ladies. Been awol for a few days. Had to make orders with a rep from a company yesterday and will be doing the same tomorrow. I float between all 3 stores, Friday I will be getting the grand dog to baby sit for the weekend, it will be our fist time taking care of him-all I can say it that it should be interesting!!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:46 PM   #97  

Been busy all day again. ....decluttered a lot and moved my desk to the other side of my office so we could set up the gc bed on the other side. The way it was they were below some shelves and could bump their heads or knock books down...don't know that they ever did bump their heads but seemed better to move it. The bed is now set up and I like it except I should have taken the smaller mattress as with this one I can't pull out the trundle bed myself. And there is no sheet on it even. I'd like to at least keep a fitted sheet on it. I have contacted the seller to see if she'll let me exchange the mattress for the smaller one.

After we moved my desk I could not connect to the internet. Turned out it was a Windows 8.1 problem and only Centurylink could help me...of course, I'd spent all day with Costco Concierge service ..they couldn't figure it out and referred me to Centurylink, my service provider. In between all this I decluttered the office closet and rearranged things. Still a lot of books and pictures/momentos of 52 years and other stuff but beginning to look better. I threw out a lot and may toss even more.

We have found a way to make our hound smell better! Dh went into a pet store and they gave him samples of a supplement to sprinkle on her food and it has really helped! She's such a sweet dog but her smell was really bad so glad we found something to help. They also gave him some samples of dog food but we are going to use up what we have on hand by using the supplent on it before buy more.

Wannabe - No, I won't quit trying to eat sensibly but I just cannot go back to "diets." I will continue to eat small portions of mostly healthy food frequently (every 3-3 1/2 hrs). If that won't do it too bad I guess. My bs is my main focus. Since I've been home I have had no trouble with hypoglycemia because I have mostly been home and eating frequently. My weight continues to be at the high end but stable..170.5.

Cajun - you asked about the other drug which is taken by injection. Well first I don't want to shoot myself every day! Second, it can have a lot of adverse reactions. The reason it often makes you lose weight is because it holds the food in your stomach longer (like fiber does) so you feel fuller longer. I already consume a good amount of fiber ...have to take it not only to feel fuller but also for my colon. When I get a great deal I don't feel so well...I've learned the amount that seems to work for me without discomfort yet enough to keep my colon happy. Back to the other drug...it also frequently causes nausea (probably due to keeping the food in your stomach so long?) I'm not sure but I don't want to take it unless I have to. Not that the drug I am taking is necessarily safe...none of them really are...you just have to weight the benefits vrs the risks. But at least I don't have to inject it and I only take it once a day. Lesser of the evils I guess.

Rosey - Good for your gs! My son would like to be hunter...LOL..he goes but never gets anything so far. Enjoy the moose meat!

Cajun - so proud of you for sticking to your eating plan and losing so quickly! Yes, you must have lost enough where people start noticing and clothes are fitting better.. I love that..

Deelou - Hope you get your BP med straightened out. My son and dh have problems with dizziness but only when they get up too fast. It's scary I know.

Last edited by maryea; 09-17-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #98  
Jacksonville, FL

I just read this and post it as an FYI to consider...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...92f_story.html

I don't eat much artificial sweeteners but have always wondered about them....
Old 09-18-2014, 08:45 AM   #99  
Bobbi

Good Morning, fall is on it's way and I'm looking forward to it. I love jeans and sweatshirt weather.

Dee...interesting article on artificial sugars, I use only stevia. It doesn't taste as good as real sugar in recipes but Stevia is better than Splenda.

Carol Sue...my DH is used to my dieting so cooking two different meals at supper time doesn't faze him. He loves those frozen pot pie, he had a couple of those last night with a salad and was a happy boy. I looked at the calories on the package, 425 calories per pie. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
Quote:
I wish I could do that, but DH wants to eat other things and always wants me to eat with him. I think he likes me fat. LOL
I'm on day 4 of the 7 day plan, yesterday went pretty good with both fruits and veggies. I thawed overnight some chicken breast for today, this morning I looked at my 7 day plan. NO MEAT. Dang, its only bananas, milk and yogurt today. Plus all the cabbage soup I want. It's tomorrow I get meat!

Levi is all better now, his back leg is back to normal and off the pain killers. That hair cut only cost us $153.00 with the vet bills.

Ta TA

Day 1 133.2 lbs.
DAy 2 130.8 lbs.
Day 3 130 lbs.
Day 4 129 lbs.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-18-2014 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi, you are doing good! You are down 4 lbs already!

I am glad Levi is better. It's hard to see your pet in pain.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:53 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Lots of pain - especially when PT comes. Nurse says I should begin feeling better next week.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 09-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #102  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry you are having so much pain Lynn ~ hope things are going well otherwise, and that the pain ends soon.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #103  

Today dh had his his colonoscopy. It was much easier this time, didn't take so long and no gas pain. The doctor just snipped out a bit of three polyps that remained and one he has having biopsied. Should get the results in a couple weeks. He is resting in his recliner now.

I should be cleaning house but I'm tired too. Neither of us got much sleep last night. I've done almost no regular housework this week due to moving things and getting everything set up in my office. I love the bed and the seller has agreed to allow me to switch mattresses. I think with the smaller mattress on the trundle I'll be able to keep a fitted sheet at least on it and hopefully pull it out myself.

Lynn - Sorry about the pain but hopefully after it's gone you will feel and move much better, easier. Keep your focus on your goal!

Bobbi - With your slim figure, you must look very nice in jeans and sweaters! Congrats on losing some again too! You've always had such discipline so I'm sure you can reach your goal again.

Deelou - Thanks for the article. I have never felt that artificial sweeteners are a good thing, however I do occasionally use them because of diabetes. Occasionally I like my ice tea sweet just for a change for instance. I try to stick more with Stevia because it is not artificial. There are other natural sweeteners it that I have not yet tried. But mostly I just don't add any sweetener. I almost never bake so it's not much of an issue anymore and when I do use it I use only tiny amounts. More likely what happens is I get them from outside my home in something, like a diet soda, or occasionally in those 40 cal fudgsicles, but this does not happen often so I don't worry about it. I'd be more concerned by something that I consume on a regular basis.

LOL I forgot I was typing this post and started decluttering again! I emptied two drawers in a small file cabinet and replace the stuff with other things I do want to keep. So my recycling container is overflowing and I have lots of stuff in the hall ready for donating. And I know there is STILL more I could toss! Seems like everytime I look around in my office I think that could go, that could go... The file cabinet is in a rather awkward place in my office as I really have no place to put it. If I can ever find a place for the things I'm currently storing in it, I'll give it away too.

Last edited by maryea; 09-18-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #104  
Bobbi

Day 1 133.2 lbs.
DAy 2 130.8 lbs.
Day 3 130 lbs.
Day 4 129 lbs.
Day 5 129.2 lbs.
Day 6 128.8
I'm thinking of you Lynn and your pain, hope it recedes soon.

Mary...I mostly use stevia but I keep my cinnamon sugar sprinkler filled with xylo Sweet, a plant sourced sweetener. It has the taste and texture of real sugar, not powdery.
Thank goodness I got to have meat yesterday, no meat on this plan until day 5. I craved meat, could never be a vegetarian.
The menu was all the cabbage soup I wanted plus up to 8 fresh tomatoes, chicken, fish or turkey. I made my second batch of cabbage soup to finish out the last two days, I'm really, really tired of this soup. I ran carrots, celery, cabbage and onion thru the food chopper to get rid of the big chunks in the last batch. I got to the point I couldn't take the texture anymore. The soup was delicious but the texture got to me. I can drink the 2nd batch out of a cup, it goes down easier.
Meat on the menu again today, I have a huge vension roast thawing...can't wait. I can have non starchy veggies with it, is butternut squash a non starchy? Hope so because I'm drooling over it.
Ta Ta everyone.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:05 AM   #105  
Bobbi

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa, I just looked up butternut squash, it's considered a starchy vegetable.
Closed Thread