Old 09-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Where is everybody. No one here. :-(
Hi all.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:19 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

I'm here Cajun....Been busy playing with pc jigsaws....I can get hooked on the dumbest things. Left for the store in a huge storm, got to the store and it stopped, shopped and half way home another huge storm....Oh my do I love the guy who invented electric garage doors! I also pay homage to the self cleaning oven, frostless refrigs, microwaves.....Heck do you remember when you were first married and a pressure cooker was hi tech.

Lynn....You are in first place in my prayers tonight. 6 weeks from now you will be dancing a bit. cha cha cha!

Donna....Lynn is our proper lady so no teaching her pole dancing.

Karen....It is coming on the season where you and pups are expected to take naps.

Cajun....Has the diet/jogging settled into a routine yet? Keep your head down and power thru this stall.

I saw a recipe today that is a killer. Sweet potato pie with sliced apples. Sounded like a fabulous dessert, then they added Yukon gold potatoes, onions, olive oil sage and asiago cheese. 313 calories and a whole meal in a slice....I will have to try it asap.

Done something to my back....gesh they shot horses....neigh .....think I might take 2 Tylenol and put my feet up.

hugs to all k3
Old 09-09-2014, 10:19 PM   #48  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon (well evening now) GG's,

Been busy making some more stuff ~ a sort of little picture book ~ one for my sister and one for her daughter. Got those finished and sent out. Today, trying to get organized with my meds, so I don't run out, and some computer work. Have to finish (hide the stray ends of yarn) on one baby afghan ~ still have a little time ~ baby's not here yet. I've started another one ~ different pattern ~ I think I like it better ~ not as many stray ends to work in after and it works up pretty fast.

Cajun ~ I've been here ~ reading but sometimes just don't have anything that seems interesting to share with you all. I have been missing everyone too. Guess everyone has a lot on their minds. K3 had been under the weather ~ and her little fur baby giving her a run for her money. Karen MO with all that is going on in her life and that new fur baby keeping her on her toes. Lynn getting ready for surgery tomorrow. Bobbi and her worries about her grandson. Rosey worrying about Mr. CP.

K3 ~ glad you are feeling better. Has Robby's new collar arrived ~ has it helped keep him in line?

Rosey ~ glad Mr. CP is doing ok. Not fun to get a scare like that.

Lynn ~ you're in my thoughts for tomorrow.

Carol Sue ~ I had read somewhere ~ think they were referring to the Farmers Almanac ~ that it is supposed to be a bad winter this year. Yuck.

Donna ~ your 63* sounds wonderful. How is Samson? Geoffery?

Bobbi ~ sorry that Levi is hurting. Hope he feels better soon. Prayers continue for Damian.

Karen MO ~ How are Sissy and Bella doing? Getting used to each other? Hope Bella tames down a little so you can rest up.

Cajun ~ how are you doing? Has that frustrating plateau passed? Hope so for you ~ I know how much you want that scale to move down.

Tam Tam ~ has the humidity by you eased up any?

Hi Deelou, Lucinda. Please forgive me if I have forgotten anyone.

Bedtime in a bit. Hope you all rest well.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:22 AM   #49  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

Wondering where everyone is? I posted yesterday but it never showed up! Guess it was not to be seen.... Bobbling again.....I can't wait till fall comes with cooler weather and I can get out to bike and walk again....the humidity is bothering me so much worse every summer, love fall, winter and spring here, but summer is a killer! Praying for the needs among our group that I know of....
Old 09-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #50  

Good morning. The spell has been broken. I'm down 2 lbs this week. That's 17 lbs in 12 weeks. Averages out to 1.41 lbs per week. Yay. Can y'all tell I'm excited. I have to get slimmer for the wedding in march!!!!!
Ds's car motor burnt up this weekend. They want too much to get a rebuilt engine. He has a toyato Camry. He's is the process of buying a 2014 new Camry. They are offering 6 years 0 interest with a high credit score and he qualified. They are taking his burnt engine car on trade. He bought thst car when he was in college and he put a lot of miles on it. Niw for work he drives 60 miles a day. He needs something with good gas mileage and dependable.
Thinking of going to the winter camp this weekend and opening it up and getting it cleaned for the hunting season which is the 4 of October.
I have a busy October. The 1 st weekend of hunting season and camping. Gotta leave and go to bridal shower for great neice. 2nd weekend dh and both sons are going to
Missouri for a hunting trip. Will have ds' gf with me the weekend. 3rd weekend back to the camp and gotta leave and go to great nieces wedding. 4 the weekend our ds and his fiancées couple shower and then back to the camp for the rest if the weekend. Phew. That's a lot of back and forth. I was supposed to have a weeks vacation this summer to change the carpet in my living room to wood floors but with the wedding coming I'm using that money for the wedding and will wait until next summer to change them. So I decided to take 5 Fridays in October off for my vacation. Thst gives me 5 long weekends. We will be able to leave Thursday night for the camp. I'll also be able to help fiancées mom with the shower on Friday!!!

Dee I'm so ready for fall. The humidity is killing me.

Gayle it sure has been a quiet month for GG's

K3 the scale finally moved. Yes I'm in a routine with exercising. I do it 5 days a week and take off the weekends. Usually we are very active on weekends anyway.
Hi all. Out of time!

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Cajun, I'm glad you finally broke your plateau! That must feel good. You are losing so well! You will look beautiful at the wedding.

We got the same deal when we bought our Malibu last month. All the dealerships must be offering the same thing. They will be getting the 2015s in now and need to move those 2014s, to our advantage.

DeeLou, I have the same intolerance to humidity. We are back to running the air condition today, but it's supposed to get really cool tonight. That's fall weather for you!

Gayle, I hope your sister and niece like their picture books. A gift from the heart. Always means so much more when someone takes the time to make something that you will have forever.

Karen3, I have my first self-cleaning oven and I'm afraid to use it so far. I have heard some horror stories. I still use my pressure cooker, except I now have an electric one. So much easier to use.

Bobbi, Hope Dami is behaving himself. He is still in my prayers.

I made yogurt again and it didn't turn out right. It thickened up nicely, but it didn't have a tang to it. I like the tangy flavor. I used Greek Yogurt for the starter. Maybe I didn't use enough or it was just a bad choice. I dumped it out. My favorite batch was still when I made it in the crockpot before I had the yogurt maker.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #52  

Howdy all...Absolutely glorious day and that means afternoon boomers. The sunlight is what I'd call an artist light, every thing looks clearer and purer.

Gayle....Rosey has inspired your creative energies. You have been so productive (since school started).....snort

Cajun....You have done this 17 lbs loss during the heat of summer, Really proud of you.

Donna....I am need a new series.....Also any DVDs series sounding interesting?

Bobbi.....How old is the bigger dog? Dash has gone from old man to Bully teenage with Robby for competition. He has been playing like a puppy with Robby. But about 10pm he is a tired old gent.

Tam.....we need to know more about you....

Lynn...Better Day Today!

The shock collar comes today. The red pepper has solved the living room problem and tomorrow or Sat the come and no commands should be quite clear to my holy terror terrier. k3
Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #53  

K3. Thank you. I don't think the summer heat has bothered me at all to lose. The hardest thing is going camping with friends and trying to stay on tract as best as I can. We cook a lot for our family and friends on our patio and it's not so much the food because when I'm home I have control over that but it's the beer that I haven't been able to have. I like s couple cold beers when it is hot. I know 1 or 2 wouldn't hurt but anything that sets me back is less that I lose. My next challenge will be every weekend camping starting oct 1 to feb 28. That's the months that I gained 25 lbs back. You are a motivator for me and I appreciate it. I can do this!!!!!!! Thanks.
Hope Robby is not a stubborn lil pup and gets the message.

Dee Lou. Thanks you for the compliment. It's been a lot of hard work. With more to go. The 0 interest on an auto is a steal. They delivered his car yesterday while he was at work.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #54  

Hi everyone. No one here anymore. Have a good weekend!!!
Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #55  

Hi I'm here Cajun. Been busy getting dh ready for moose hunting and my youngest had surgery yesterday.Every one doing well and dh has left this am so just me and the dogs. I'm just tired so am going to enjoy some ME time. Lynn hope you are recovering well. Ive been doing most of my posting on facebook. for all rosey
Old 09-12-2014, 10:45 PM   #56  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! I'm way behind on the posts. We just got home late Wed night from a two week trip. We flew to Washington DC, spent 5 nights in Georgetown at a Holiday Inn right next to the university. Great little shops to browse and some good restaurants. We used the Big Bus to visit the attractions. A little hectic but we began to figure it out. We learned there was a circulating bus to take us back to the hotel and only cost 50 cents each! So we took that a lot. Then we took a cab to the harbor. The area is new and the cabbie had a lot of trouble finding it. His phone wasnt working so we helped him with maps on our phones and also gave him the number to our resort. He finally found it and he said he wouldn't charge us what the meter said and asked what we thought was fair. Dh WAS fair and it was still very expensive! We stayed at our resort 6 nights. It is a nice little area, we walked down to the harbor (two blocks plus more when we got there) every day at least once. There were lots of restaurants but nothing much appealed to us there plus most were very expensive. We didn't want to buy food and cook for just those few days so we ate at a few places and sometimes just bought sandwiches, and fruit from a gourmet market and took back to our resort. We actually enjoyed that better. There was a shuttle into the metrorail station...that was also hectic/stressful figuring it all out! We began to feel more confident shortly before it was time to leave. We then rented a car and drove up to Niagara Falls (took little over 8 hrs) and it was much more relaxing there. We were VERY tired so were glad to be in a calmer atmosphere and just enjoy nature. Didn't think the town was much but we loved the falls! We had 3 nights and got in late and tired so we only had two days at the falls. We made the most of those two days though. The first day we went to the American side and bought the adventure ticket. Enjoyed the attractions, got plenty wet and had a blast! My favorite was the The Mystic Maiden a boat ride into the falls ...as close as they can get safely I guess. The next day we went to the Canadian side and that's great too. In some ways better. You feel closer to it just standing there and it's wider so very beautiful but we didn't go on the adventures since we'd done pretty much the same stuff on the other side. There was only one ride that was different but we didn't go on it. Then we drove back to DC and spent two nights at Bolling AFB. We were still tired and going into Bolling felt like being home...we knew we would get much needed rest. We had already seen all the "must see" attractions I'd had on my list plus some of the "if we have time" ones. We did think we'd pick one more thing to visit since Bolling is a great location but I couldn't find my AAA book and thought I'd thown it away so we didn't do any more sightseeing. We stayed on base, I did laundry, we ate on base and shopped in the PX. Later I found the book and said whoops...LOL...we were both glad we hadn't gone out. We were tired of running around. We did a LOT of walking on this trip! It was very hot and humid and stressful a lot of the time. That is not how we live or even travel usually. The main problem was in order to see all the things we wanted to see, we had to go out every day. Usually when we travel we take a day off every two or three days and if we are in the area a while we even go to church. On this trip we were way to busy and had trouble finding time to just rest and center ourselves. It would have been nice to stay longer so we could have taken it slower but we only had credits enough for one week at the resort and most hotels were very expensive. We got the Georgetown hotel for $138 a night and it was a very good deal there. We are spoiled by our timeshares and we never pay those kinds of prices when we do occasionally stay in a hotel. I wish we could have stayed at Bolling the whole time but I had already made the hotel reservation and unknown to me, it was nonrefundable. Second time in last four years I got taken in by that, but at least the last time I was told it was nonrefundable. I wasn't this time. Despite all the stress, cost and fatigue we are glad we went ...we didn't see everything but we saw plenty. I think you could stay there 6 months and not see everything. And we have two places to check off our bucket lists.

I've been so busy catching up with things since I got home. I wonder how I ever did it when we traveled for three months every year in an RV?!! We hope to start back to the gym on Monday. I didn't gain any weight on this trip at least ...spaced my eating out well and mentally watched my carbs somewhat. My bs has mostly been pretty good...even had a few hypoglycemic spells (just before I ate), however most of the time even when I feel it my bs is just low normal. Since I've gotten home my bs has continued to be mostly great. I had my lowest EVER morning bs the other day...still a little high but my lowest and I've gotten as low as 78 before a meal once. So think I'm doing pretty well now. Just have to remember to eat by 3-4 hrs before the shakes hit. Once we were in a restaurant and I was so weak and shaky I could hardly order my food, just felt too weak to think. It's rarely that bad as I normally eat about every 3-3 1/2 hours. But I think all the exercise was bringing it down faster there too. Dh had one spell too and I gave him one of my glucose tablets and it helped him until we could find food. He usually has some candies with him but that day he didn't.

It was quite the adventure. One day we almost got hit by a freightliner even...we were walking to the harbor and stopped because this big freightliner truck was coming out of this alley. He looked at us as he drove by. After the walkway was clear we started across. But apparently he couldn't make the turn, but we didn't know that.. and he started to back into the alley again...dh looks up and sees him first then I did, he grabs my hand we ran across the alley way just as he is backing up on us! I don't know that he ever noticed us...maybe he did in his mirror finally..

The best food I found was in Georgetown at a place called Three Guys...and it was a grilled fresh veggie sandwich. I don't care for the veggie patties much but do love grilled fresh veggies on a bun! And they didn't put any sauce it...I've a pretty plain eater and often don't like sauces. I have day dreamed of that sandwich ever since. We also had some one good Chinese dinner and a couple good Thai meals. I'm not usually a fan of Thai food but I think maybe I just need to read the menu more carefully...I did this time and found some really good fresh food without that sweet sauce I don't like.

Sorry for rambling on but someone...think it was Karen3 asked for details so this is my detailed report.

No time left for personals right now...but I'll try to catch up with your posts and respond later.

Have a good weekend!

Last edited by maryea; 09-12-2014 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #57  
Jacksonville, FL

Whew that trip made me tired just reading it! Sounds like a good time though...I love going but then love coming home...lost a bit more...sure would like to reach 20 by October 11...
Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna, sure hope you have a happy birthday!! Hugs from Sissy, Bella and Me!!!
Attached Images
File Type: gif cake-birthday-.gif (58.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #59  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Happy Birthday Donna Have a wonderful day.

Last edited by glynne; 09-13-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #60  

Happy Birthday Donna

Mary....Thank you for the details. Sounds like it was a really fine trip. Bet if you check your list you find a few more items to mark off the bucket list. Like 2nd honeymoon???

DeeLou have you seen the weather up North. They have had to turn the heat on. I have such a hankering to plant mums about now and if I do the heat kills them.

Karen...Both our new babies are such lover-puppies! Bella makes Sissy look so big.

Gayle....I'm ready for a Maddie fix.

Bobbi....Start planning what to do for the Big 5-0 next year. Remember my ring?

Cajun...She doesn't know it but I have gotten a drone to fly over her all weekend to keep her diet in line.

Lynn....And today will be better than yesterday.

Washing kitchen curtains and going to purge my closet k3
Closed Thread