Old 06-22-2014, 04:40 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

yest cals-1830?, no exerc. We had a nice time at the wedding. I am still adjusting to being without my dog. I have sooooo much time on my hands. Dogs-especially old dogs-take a lot of care. Today I made a pasta salad for lunch the next few days.

Marie-The quiet house is very difficult. I do not feel I have the time and energy a dog deserves and I don't know if we are home enough anymore. I am sorry to hear about the medicine making you feel awful. I hope you heal quickly.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:19 PM   #332  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I will use this space to keep myself honest. I have been nourishing my body with greens, peppers, broccoli, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, raw bean spouts, carrots, beets, brussel sprouts, strawberries, grapes, apples, tahini, cashew butter, cashews, olive oil.. and I am down another 2 pounds in less than two weeks. I also have a daily protien shake made with spirutein, ice and almond milk(unsweetened).
I can live like this forever... because oops also avocados...
because I have been completely devoted to this style of eating since January 1 2014 and I have lost 50 pounds!
lucindaarrowspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 12:24 PM   #333  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lucinda, you are doing an amazing thing for your body. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Tera, I hope you're adjusting to the quiet and I totally understand why another dog would be difficult at this point. I always think of you a the social one and I'm very much an introvert so I'm not gone much except work. I'm definitely a homebody.

So much so that I'm having a one week staycation. I finally finished all but one state report so I'm enjoying a break from work. Just me and my pups during the day. Work had been brutal so I could be off but now I'm just listening to my stereo and catching up with my online friends.

My diet is going well. Still on track and exercise is getting fun again. I spoke with my dr last week and he said to stop taking the medicine. By the next day I felt so much better. Not sure what will ultimately happen with the nerve leg pain but for now it's still pretty good (not as good with the med but not bad). I go to the dr tomorrow and I'll know more what the path is. But today I feel good, have walked the dogs and am on to yoga in a bit. Then I'll be swimming this afternoon.

BTW Tera, do you remember Am2 and how she changed her phone app diet logging program often for something new? I thought of her yesterday and decided to try the one she seemed to like best. I created an account with MyFitnessPal and started logging on it. I can see its big pro is entering the data on the iPhone, the iPad or any of my computers. And it all syncs. Mostly I was going for creating my foods with all the nutrients because LoseIt is set with only my cals and I didn't want to redo all of them and MyFitnessPal had the syncing ability as well as some reports that will be handy. But I'd thought of Am2 and wish she'd come back.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #334  

Time to admit my two pounds by the 4th was a bust. Well, that's okay. The next few weeks will be kinda iffy as well. Between stuff at work and home, I will be a bit distracted, I think. Things may not disturb my routine as much as I think-not that I have a routine right now anyway. However, I am really trying to make wise food choices and not give into my cravings. I am also trying to make exercise a priority. Hopefully I will not gain weight.

Marie-I hope you are enjoying your days off from work. I imagine you are doing lots of walking with your dogs, swimming in your pool and maybe catching up on one of your lovely crafty projects. I was happy to read you are off the meds that made you sick. Perhaps your injury will improve with time. I have had some muscle injuries that I thought would be forever that actually improved immensely after 3 or 4 months. I miss Am2 also. Cool about the synching program. I still log calories on my laptop in the apparently vain attempt to keep my total calorie intake in the proper place.

Lucinda-Good for you focusing on your diet and getting where you want to be. Congrats on the fifty pound weight loss!

Today I plan to go to the Y for a body sculpt class and maybe, maybe a little jogging on the track before class. Not sure how my cals will end up because I do not have any good ideas for dinner!

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-01-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #335  
Lifelong Journey Member

Hi Tera, these days, I truly think not gaining is a victory. Every year older has made it harder to actually lose. Just retry your 4th challenge and those 2 pounds will eventually give up holding to your bones.

Thanks are good with me. Still on track and enjoying my quiet. That will end in a couple hours as my daughter and son arrive for a long weekend. And my son and family will be coming by this evening. I love seeing them all but I really hate playing cook and cleaner. That's always the drawback. Alas, I'm so lucky to have them that I will cook and try to keep my house as clean as I can.
Marie
Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 PM   #336  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

I've been away for several days ~ kind of kept up with you all on my phone, but it is hard to post from that.

Had a nice few days away. Went with Sara and the kids to Eureka Springs, AR. Had some adventures there. We stayed in a cabin that over looked a lake ~ beautiful. Deer would come out in the evenings and early morning and eat the grass in the yard there. So peaceful. Take a cup of coffee and my crocheting out on the porch in the morning before everyone woke up ~ ahhhhh

DH lined up some adventures ~ horse back riding. Oh my aching joints ~ I hadn't been on a horse since I was a teenager. I have no desire to do it again in this lifetime ~ my joints don't go in those positions anymore ~ LOL.

Another afternoon, he had arranged for zip lining. I passed on that one. He and Sara and the kids went ~ even Maddie ~ they loved it. Seeing the videos they took during, was excitement enough for me. While they did that, I rode a trolly thing around town ~ the old down town area ~ neat little victorian type houses. Pretty.

Then Sara and the kids went home and we traveled on to Branson, MO. We got to see a couple shows there and wander around some of the little shops. There was this one restaurant we liked and kept going back to. Very tasty reasonably priced food. Sometimes, I would alternate have a meal, then sometimes instead of a meal ~ just a dessert. I haven't weighed yet. Hoping that because we did a lot of walking around that maybe it off set some of the calories.

Back home now ~ as usual with a vacation ~ you get home and have to rest up.

Hope you all are doing well. Have plans for the 4th?
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 01:28 AM   #337  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Good to see you are back, Glynne! A couple of the gals were asking about you on the other thread. Hope your weight didn't stray too far off course .

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:58 PM   #338  
Lifelong Journey Member

Happy 4th of July my friends! It's a beautiful day here. A beautiful day of relaxation with my DD and DGS and DH. So far DH and I had a morning like Gayle described on her trip. We took the pups for a hike, then came back and had a peaceful breakfast under the pergola overlooking the pool. We ate at the new octagon picnic table he finished earlier this week. There were so many hummingbirds flitting about, it was awesome. Beautiful mountains and blue skies. Couldn't ask for a better morning. I'm going to get the pool cover off and get the automatic cleaner going before my DD and DGS are up so it'll be ready because like all 8 year olds, he hates getting out once he gets finally gets up in the morning.

Gayle, your trip sounds wonderful. I'm proud of you going for the horse ride, and I was trying to picture you on a zip line and I just smiled. Probably wasn't a bad idea to pass. I'd really like to try it some time though!

Hi Llana, I've never met you but it was awesome to see your avatar with your AWESOME weight loss!
Marie
Old 07-08-2014, 05:40 PM   #339  
Lifelong Journey Member

I'm still on track although the long weekend was a little harder with all the company. I was ranging 1400-1500 cals those days but I'm getting back to the 1300-1400 range. Too many days last week I was at the 1100-1200 range so I guess I have interval calorie totals going on.

Still doing the pup walks, yoga and swimming. I'm much too tan from all the sun but I can say that sunscreen works against burns. Nary a one but it still darkens my skin. Other than full tops and pants as well as a face mask, I don't know how to get the tan to stop. I've even been using zinc and I'm still getting darker. My BFF with skin cancer would be mad if she saw me.
Marie
Old 07-14-2014, 07:45 PM   #340  

Hi all. I have been very slack lately, thus no posts. Partly I have been having fun, partly busy with family and then lately I have been feeling under the weather. Still going to work and all but I have a sore throat that does not seem to want to go away. Anyway, I have not been making wise food choices lately so that is my first thing to work on.

Marie-Sounds like lots of fun with the family and still sticking to your diet. You are a wonderful example of where I want to be.

Gayle-Your trip sounds fun. I would have been afraid to go the horse as well as the zip line so you are one up on me!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #341  
Want to feel better

Good afternoon,

Been away again. Here in spirit (reading) but no time or device from which to post.

This time a trip to San Antonio ~ took DGD to Sea World and saw some of the other sites in San Antonio. First night ~ DH and DGD enjoyed a mirror maze thing. Then we walked on the River Walk. DD had told about it and it sounded like a really neat place and I had been wanting to go. The next two days we spent at Sea World and their water park Aquatica. We did the water park first ~ spent some time there cooling off. We wore our bathing suits and wandered around all day in them ~ helped keep us cool. Enjoyed the various different shows. Lots of walking. The kids area had a “spray ground” which we kept returning to ~ to get wet and cool off again. On the way home we went to a museum ~ spent a while at the human body exibit. We all enjoyed that. Had a pretty good time ~ mostly fun, but I feel badly for DH and DGD ~ I don't keep up very well now with a 6 year old and that is frustrating for all of us. I seemed to be more stiff than usual ~ don't know why. Some of the places there were a lot of steps, and that is really hard on my knees. If I am lucky there are ramps to accommodate wheel chairs ~ I can walk easier on those. Or sometimes there will be steps that each step is less high than a regular step and those are easier.

Glad to be back home. Here I can go at my own pace ~ LOL.

Trying to eat correctly is hard when we travel. Gained back a few pounds on the last trip. Didn't gain any more this trip, but ate some chips yesterday and I think retained some fluid so weight is up a little more. Now gotta get back on track and get back to where I was.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 07-19-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:30 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Glad you had a nice time on your vacation in San Antonio. I love river walks and shoreline promenades in any city. It's usually flat walking so easier on the knees and there are always lots of interesting things to see.

You might want to try icing your knees when you get back for the day, that may help with keeping the pain and swelling down. Are you going for knee replacements later or is that not in the cards? I'm sure DH & DGD were glad you were with them and participating anyhow. You probably walked a lot more than you realize... a little pedometer can tell you how many steps you take in a day and it can be surprising.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #343  

Just poppin in to see if anyone is still around. I have not been here lately which of course means I have not been focusing on weight loss which equates with weight gain. Durn! My job has been very difficult and emotionally draining with no end to the ridiculous and unnecessary drama in sight. And its part time for very little pay to boot. The new American story for too many of us I am afraid. Sigh. Well, there is only one way to fix both of my "problems" and it begins with ME. Please feel free to encourage and support me along the way though I will try to return the favor.

PS I had chocolate chip cookies for breakfast. Please comment.

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-24-2014 at 06:58 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 PM   #344  
Want to feel better

Hi Tera and Marie,

I am still here. Still trying to get back on track after our little trips recently. I can get off track so easliy, and it takes me a while to get my act together again. I don't have a lot of self discipine to begin with (that is what got me in this fix of being overweight) so being on track is already a struggle. I stress about it on the trips, then just kind of give up so I can enjoy it. I don't do horribly, but just don't eat the same when away as I do when I am at home. We try to eat economically which doesn't always work out to be the healthiest choices. Also, we are on the go and while I would be happy to eat a salad, I eat so slow, so I end up choosing things I can eat more quickly. Maybe our next outing, Maddie won't be with us and we can time things a little differently.

Wonder how Darcy is doing ~ haven't heard from her for a while.

Sorry that things are so stressful at work for you Tera.

Hope you are having a good summer Marie.

Take care
Old 07-25-2014, 06:59 AM   #345  

Gayle-I can relate to you on struggling with making wise food choices. I know exactly what to do but I rarely eat right these days. I love the bad stuff. Yesterday, as mentioned, was a chocolate-chip-cookie-fest followed by beer and dinner out for delicious and high caloric Mexican cuisine. My middle is multiplying. Ick. Now I quite rightly recognize this is my unhealthy response to work stress. I could have exercised instead or maybe a warm bath or perhaps soothing music and meditation. Naaaah-forget about it.....beer and cookies Man! Today I will try to be better but I do have a dinner party tonight at my home. So I guess I could skip the alcohol and appetizers and serve healthy salads but......not likely. Good news though-I used up all my hours at my part time job so I have the day off today. Now that is soothing! I have plans to cook and clean and work in my garden.

Hang in there Gayle. Keep fighting the good fight. Goodness knows a healthy physique is worth the effort. I know I will not get there if I simply throw in the towel and accept my bad habits as a foregone conclusion. So, it is one day at time. Agree?

Please comment