Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #16  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpaws4ever View Post
Okay, I see a lot of one or two letter abbreviation on a lot of the different threads...is their a thread that explains what they all mean? I have no clue as to what a lot of you are saying?
Rhonda
Hi Ladies and Happy New Year. I'm right with you Rhonda, will have to try to find that list soon.

My son goes back to school and guests leave tomorrow. My eating & exercising are still off, gonna try to get more walking in as soon I finish posting here.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #17  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Found the list and no longer SMH. You will probably be seeing a lot of DS, the darn variety. O.K., gotta get going, TTFN.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Happy New Year to all of you! We are starting out our New Year with colds!! Tim got his cold last Wednesday and was kind enough to give it to me last night for our anniversary!! Bless His Little Heart! But we did have out NewYears/Chanpagne last night. I had fully intended to get started on my walking today but found it was about all I could do to muster up the strength to come to the couch! Had no voice this morning (Tim thinks that is funny) but it is coming back.... who knows it may be totally gone tomorrow!

Don't have a lot of ooomph tonight-- all my get up and go has got up and went--- but wanted to let anyone who is interested know that there is a new thread set up for "1,000 Miles in 2013".http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...es-2013-a.html I wanted to get started today but the cold has knocked me on my butt for the day!! Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow and can at least get in a mile or two.

Have a great night and will catch everyone tomorrow.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #19  

Hi everyone and Happy New Year..we made it to midnight,had a smooch and was sleeping soon after. spent a quiet day today,made a pot of chix stew, and sent dh on a scavenger hunt for my fabric that was stored upstairs in the attic. he brought me 2 bags,one had clothes in it of my grdd's and the other extra bedding,his remark was well its fabric right my bariatric dr told me to stay busy so i wouldnt be tempted to eat things i shouldnt so wanted to start quilted wall hangings. i making 4 of them to fit between the 2 sets of windows in the front of my living room. i have wanted to do these for yrs and have most of the stuff. they are picture quilts of alaskan scenes,using mckenna ryan patterns,but putting my own twist n them. am also rereading r. dederfields books,God is an englishmen is the 1st one.and id forgotton the story and am enjoying it again. its hard to give up all the carbs ive been eating but the scale ia allready down -2 # . hoping all is well with everyone. sry K31 you got that cold,i had it befor christmas and felt ugh. ttfn rosey
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #20  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Kind of glad the holidays are over. Now maybe I can get back on track ~ into a more normal routine again.

I didn’t do as badly as I feared I might with the battle of the holiday goodies. I ate some of the stuff at work, but didn’t go as crazy with it as I did last year. I gained some, but again, not as much as I feared I would.

Not feeling so good the last couple days. I think probably because of not eating good. Back to work tomorrow. Still not completely back in the swing of things ~ I had been so busy trying to get the holiday stuff done and work (which still often times runs late) ~ that I had been using lean cuisines instead of packing my usual lunch. It kind of took the stress away from having to worry about getting that done, but I would prefer to get back to making my lunches.

Feeling kind of blue. It has been dreary and gray. I feel so much better when it is sun shiny. It seems I go through these blues from time to time ~ it will pass. Be glad when it has.

Enough whining ~ sorry.

Had a nice New Years Eve. Sara invited me over to her house. Got to spend time with Maddie (playing with her dolls and my little ponies) and Corbin (wanted some back scratching) and Sara. Watched the ball drop ~ Eastern time and texted family there to wish a Happy New Year. Then watched the ball drop again for New Years in our time zone.

Today, Sara and Maddie came over. Maddie went shopping with Grandpa (she’s his shopping assistant). Sara and I watched a cute holiday movie and I gave her hairapy.

Two days (of work) then off Friday. Have to do the online part of the CPR class, then the skills part of it on Tuesday. I’ll be glad when that is done with.

Hope you all have had a nice New Years Day and evening.

Take care
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Nothing Worked

Bobbi, your post made me laugh -- and that's always a good thing first thing in the morning! Why did nothing work for me in 2012.......may be because I just joined this group in December after hitting my all time high weight and realizing that not only had I not met any of my 2012 goals, but had actually back tracked.

So, while nothing worked, I did learn.
1.) I need to admit I have a wee bit of an emotional eating problem. And since I can either be the ice queen holding everything inside or else a diva (there doesn't seem to be much in between!) letting everyone know what I'm feeling, I'm emotional all the time.
2) I need to stop pretending that I can do this on my own with no help. I need to know that others are in the same place. I need people to tell me good job when I lose 1/2 pound after a week of hard dieting. I need a place to write down what I'm feeling.
3) I need to accept that dieting boils down to finding one where you are taking in fewer calories than you need to lose weight. And then stick to that diet. In the past year I've tried portion control (just ended up eating a lot of little portions.....), Sugar Busters, Weight Watchers, Slim Fast, and South Beach. Managed to end the year having gained 30 pounds.

So, I'm with you Bobbi. Success lies in counting calories, watching the carb intake, and for me getting back to the gym. On to success. By the end of 2013, I want to post what worked on this site!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Yeah, Lynn, I hear ya on just eating half. Bought a dozen doughnuts this morning and only ate half! LOL

Just kidding!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #23  
Grandmaof2

S/C/G: 157/157/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hi Everyone and Happy 2013

I'm back here enjoying the conversations here after taking a couple of weeks off to plan and enjoy the holidays with family! I enjoyed a bit too much and put on a couple of pounds but got back on track yesterday!

I ordered last night from Diet Direct, the 4 week plan. I'm so glad you can modify the shipment as I have tried the sampler pack previously and like some items more than others.

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season and are all ready to get back to their "proper" way of eating (if they got off plan like me).

You are all great, supportive people here and I'm so glad to have found this group!

Amy
Old 01-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Jess, I'll keep a list.
Welcome Texanatheart, you will like this group.
I'm already having some problems talking my tummy into the fact that it is not still hungry withing 15 minutes of eating something. I mean, What's Up With That?! I already have no self control over my food, so this is not helping!!! HA
This first week is going to be really hard for me....wish me luck...or better yet kick me in the butt to keep me motivated.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 289/271/189

Height: 5'8"

Carol Sue, loved your donut comment...cracked me UP!
Rhonda
Old 01-02-2013, 03:56 PM   #26  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue..I love your sense of humor too, (1/2 box of donuts.)

I've actually dropped 4 pounds in the last 7 days due to no meat or very little and filling up on lots of veggies. Wasn't hard at all, well maybe eating the veggies without butter was a tad hard. But then I can eat anything if I'm hungry enough. DH put a large bone in ham in the crock pot this morning while I was gone. I see he put some pineapple slices on top, yum0. We're going to use up the last of the brussel sprouts, he dumped them in just now too. My DH loves to cook, think I'll keep him.

Gayle...you did pretty good over the holiday, good for you. Getting back on track seems easy for everyone in January. We're all so sick of the sweet junk.

Rhonda...we're dog lovers too, I like dogs better than people. We have a big male English Setter who is the sweetest, gentlest dog who adores us. I can get weepy just thinking of not having him around anymore, he's 8 years old.

Rosey...you'll have to take pictures of your wall hangings when you get them finished. Great way to use up left over material.

Amy...not sure what the direct diet is other than you send for the food. How expensive is that if I'm not being too nosy? I'll have to google it when I'm done.

Betsy...Yes, I forgot about the carbs, the last 7 days I've had very few carbs, no bread, no rice or spuds, no noodles. I've just been eating tons of vegies and fruits and a little meat. That took off my 4 pounds. And you mentioned gym, after changing to our health insurance, we can go to any of the health clubs free. I'll start that next time I run into town. (we're country folks)
Quote:
So, I'm with you Bobbi. Success lies in counting calories, watching the carb intake, and for me getting back to the gym.
Donna...I looked for the list of shortcuts below and couldn't find them? I love all the soup recipes you sent me, was going to make the lentil but DH wanted ham instead. I'm a crock pot user so all the crock pot recipes were fun to look thru.

Okay Isabella, where are you?

Lynn...please do check in more often. I was terrible about posting last month because of business too. I'm sorry your DD has to sell the BB because of health issues, but I'm thinking it's probably very stressful.

KarenMo...Chicken soup for you with God's healing to go with it. Get well soon!

Same for K3, how's it going? Hope the pain isn't too bad, stay off your feet.

Hi anyone I missed, just thought I'd take a minute to post and change my ticker.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #27  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Bobbi - go to the bottom of this page to "forum jump"... scroll to age 50+ and click on it... on that, you'll find a thread for "acronyms". Really, it's there!! LOL Glad you're liking the recipes; if it gets to be a bother, it won't hurt my feelings if you tell me so!

I'll email Isabella and see if she'll check in with us.

Absolutely GORGEOUS here today!

Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 01-02-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:01 PM   #28  
brunette53

S/C/G: 217/150

Height: 5'1"

Hi: I'm new here, just starting 2013 with a promise to myself to loose at least 60lbs this year! I have an identical twin who is 50 or 60lbs lighter then me right now...geeeeez! We are celebrating our 60 birthday in March, therefore I must loose these 60 lbs. We are also planning on attending a twin convention in Twinburg, Ohio in August. I have lots of reasons to look and feel my best let alone for health reasons! Wish me luck gals and give me lots of suppport I will need it! Thx!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hey Brunette53! Welcome to our little thread! That is so neat to have such an awesome goal to work towards! I know you will be able to make it and we look forward to getting to know you.

Lots of new people here---- Welcome to all of you. Our thread is growing lots and I know for me myself, I will find it hard to do personals everytime. So if you don't see a personal comment you'll know we are still here with support. If any of you have any questions I'm sure someone her can jump in and help you find answers. Thanks Donna for pointing everyone to the acronyms. I know I was confused about all that when I started here so long ago!

Still fighting this cold! No voice, no energy, leg aches and a cough... This is not my idea of starting off a New Year!

Everyone take care and I'll get back when I feel like I'm human again!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #30  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

From Isabella: "Hi Donna,
I'm alive but I've been super busy and haven't had time to barely breathe. Thanks for checking. Hopefully the new year will bring a slower pace. Funny thing is I was just thinking about 3fc and when I opened my email, there you were!

Lois (Isabella)"

Closed Thread