Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello All,

Well, I made it through this day. As I said this morning, I have a really long week ahead of me. I am sure looking forward to camping, though, so I will tolerate the work to get ready. One meeting down, and one to go. (the important ones, anyway).

I was wondering last night why Marie was so quiet and then I read her facebook post tonight. I am thinking about you, friend. Take care....

Mustang Karen, do you really need to close up the pool? It seems like a shame. I have enjoyed your summer vicariously. Tee Hee.

Hi Jane, my diet is one that emphasizes carb control (try for under 20 carbs per meal, lean protein and lots of green veggies. I was diagnosed with diabetes one year ago. For excercise I walk, use the Wii, lift weights and do aerobics - depending on my mood. You will enjoy this group. I know that they have come to mean a lot to me. Jump right in with your daily life....

Carol, too funny that you wrote about the jeans today. I wore a pair of "skinny jeans" corderoy pants to work today. They were feeling a little loose. I stood up at an important meeting today and to my horror, felt them sliding down my belly. Good thing I was wearing a longer, tunic type top. I plan to see the tailor next week. And, those pants went in the goodwill box tonight. I never really liked them anyway....

TeaGranny! I am glad that you are still hanging in there with us. Is your dan scale still stuck?

Gayle, I think that all families have problems. I am always sorry to hear about it but I think it is comforting that we have groups like this where we can share and get comfort.

Freda, I put lady grey on my list. I do just really like plain old black or green tea. I just need to get some decaf. My son told me that I should pour the water over the tea. Wait a few seconds, then dump the water and refill. He says most of the caffeine is in the first tea. I will have to try it.

Nancy, as always, I envy you your hats - and your ability to wear them.

Ok, I am off to practice pool for a while this evening. Tournament time is comming soon and I really want to get back in form. To all that I missed today, I hope you have a great evening.

Rie
Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #377  

Hello GG! Didn't get enough sleep last night so didn't go to the gym. Planned to exercise here at home but actually haven't done it. I've been alone all day as dh went fishing with a friend. His eye tends to close involuntary, esp in the light. While this causes his double vision to go away so there is improvement that way, it still is not normal. I did not realize this was happening. He was going to wait until the 15th (doctor actually said 1 1/2 mo but this is different than what dh told him at the time), but he given me permission to call the office tomorrow and explain what is happening if it is the same. He has trouble explaining things like this (maybe because English is his second language) so sometimes I help him if I feel it needed.

Mustang Karen - As you know I like Slim-fast too. I might try blending with fruit as you described although due to my diabetes it would have to be only a very little fruit. Sounds really good though. Sounds like you had a nice Sunday! We tried On the Border (Mexican restaurant) a few days ago and were really disappointed. It didn't taste authenically Mexican to us. I read that Chipotle is good and healthier than many so we plan to try it sometime.

Jane - Welcome!! I'm glad you have chosen to join us, this is a great group! A cruise sounds wonderful. I'm 68 and my dh is 76...since we are getting older we think of what we would do without each other. I know I will survive but I would be so lonely, I hate to think about it. It sounds like you are keeping busy, that's what I would have to do too!

Rie and Carol - I'm the same way!! My waist is the biggest part of me although my back and upper arms are too large too, but my waist is the worst and makes it SO hard to find clothes to fit and I have to lose A LOT of weight before it makes much difference. I bought some pants recently that come with a belt...so cute but even with the belt they are about to fall off me but to get anything to go around my middle I have to either go low-rise (which these are slightly) or buy to fit around my middle and then wear stovepipes on my legs (or try to get them altered to fit which rarely works well). Even when I lose my body still follows this genetic pattern (as you mentioned when skinny, Carol) but at least it helps a little to fit clothes when my tummy isn't as big and I think since I'm exercising now that may help my skinny legs.

Rie - I tried Spanx when looking for something to make me look better for my dd's wedding. I ended up getting just a waist cincher and a panty with a high top to meet it. When I tried the full Spanx (top and bottom), I looked like a rolled sausage!! No waist just rolled and straight! LOL You may be different though.

Rie and Freda - I love Good Earth's Sweet & Spicy decaf but I don't drink it much any more because it causes me to have a hot flash. Sometimes I make it and let it cool and then drink it but I can't drink it hot or even warm with the HF.

Lynn - were you charging your Nook at the time? Hope they can fix it. Glad otherwise you are ok.

I'm sure I've missed lots...too many posts to catch up on! Zoe, I'm reading you have lost 14 lbs!! Wow that's great!! Nothing like a wedding to inspire one! You'll look great!

Mary
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #378  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola, All…

Long time since I’ve done a decent post! We’ll see what I can do…

Bobbi – your information on chickpeas was really interesting! Thanks. Are you still using your chia seeds? I dutifully make my gel every 12 days (after that, it goes bad and SMELLS, ptuiiii). I’ve gotten to really like the taste of it, and the consistency hasn’t made me gag in a long time. I notice it when I don’t take it. The inside of my ears will peel if I don’t get enough Omega 3, and the chia gel takes care of that quite well. It takes about a day without it until I start having recurring symptoms. Weird and strange.

Marie – I know you’re out of range, but I’m thinking about you and your DH. You had mentioned that his dad was ill, but were you expecting him to pass? Thoughts and prayers… who is babysitting Kai and the others? SamCat was quite concerned about them!

Rosey – I love the graphic image of Sadie thinking Gizmo is a squeaky toy! I’ll be he DOES squeak when she gets exhuberant!

KarenFL – you’re sounding good… and I’m glad “you’re back!!!!!!!!!!!” How are you feeling these days? It’s been a long haul for you, but it seems like you can see the light at the end of the tunnel (and can feel that it’s NOT a train!).

Talking about your “big storm” memories: a few years ago, we had two major snowstorms in just a couple of weeks, one of which was 46”. Of course, electricity was out all over the place, but I’m lucky enough to have a gas oven. I baked chocolate chip cookies for the entire neighborhood! It was like a block party… fun!

Mary – I’m so glad DH’s MRI came back so well! That’s a huge relief to you, I know. And how are the newlyweds doing?

Mustang – did you enjoy those Rocky Ford cantaloupes? They’re the best! I wonder if Thailand has cantaloupes? I’m still agog about Marie saying that Thailand’s peaches are even better than Palisade peaches!

PT/Zoe – I’m so proud of your 14# loss! WHEN are we going to see pictures of your wedding outfit? What if we don’t like it and you don’t know that until after you’ve worn it???????????????

Rie – thanks for asking. GM (thanks, Marie, for that) is doing SO MUCH BETTER. I went over after work this afternoon and showered her and washed her hair. She LOVES that. She was in such a good mood, so cheerful and chatty. We had a good time. Today was officially the best I’ve seen her in a long time.

Nancy – I really liked that red blouse… is it silk? VERY pretty!

Freda – hola! It’s always good to read your posts!

Gayle – are you feeling any better about your imminent visit with family? I hope so!

TeaGranny – hello! HOW IS YOUR SON??????????

Welcome, Jane! This is a great group, so join in and enjoy! We’re friends, not just friendly, and makes such a difference!

Lynn – glad you made it through Irene without too much trauma. Did you ever get your laundry room ceiling fixed? How about the a/c? Lyn and Zoe – any Irene problems?

Whew – I feel like I’m caught up! I had to go back 5 pages of posts, and that’s a lot of chatting! I’m sure I forgot someone, but I think I did read and respond to all the posts, so I hope I didn’t “lose” anyone!

My job is going well, and I like it. I’m still a very grateful employee! It’s good.

Hope you all have a lovely tomorrow! Later, oh gaggle of goldens!

Last edited by jess1; 08-29-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:49 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 106.8/93.8/65kg

Height: 169cm

Hello GGs

I had a deeply unpleasant brush with reality over the weekend - we had a spell of warm weather so I put on clothes from last summer to wear, and found to my horror that I was bulging out of everything I tried on. Grrrr, not happy Jan. Anyhoo, after this reality check, I have refocussed and I've managed to get through the last 3 days staying pretty much on plan. I probably had too much protein today, but thought a bit extra of something on plan was better than straying off plan. I'm still feeling a bit peckish, but hope I can keep myself distracted by busily typing away here ...

Donna - great to hear that GM is recovering nicely - having your hair washed gives you such a lift when you are not feeling too well! Good to hear that you are enjoying your new job. How is Mr SamCat, is he eating better?

Mary - sorry to hear DH is still having problems with his eyes, here's hoping it's all resolved soon.

Rie - having the camping weekend to look forward to will make the week go by in a flash LOL at your corduroy pants slipping down - but how cool to have proof positive of all your hard work

MustangK - I've got the Zumba wii too, alas it's yet another activity I'm hopeless at - who would've thought??? Rie's Walk it out wii sounds like something I could do, I shall look out for it. I love my slow cooker (aka crock pot!) too - I use it just about every week in cool weather. My sister uses hers only to make mulled wine LOL I'm with you on the need to buckle down, I wish I could blink and be the weight I want to be ...

Jane - welcome to this lovely supportive group! I'm sorry to hear of your loss - it's good to see that you have reached the stage of feeling able to look after you. Nice to welcome another traveller and furbaby, Murphy sounds gorgeous - you would walk miles with him! My eating plan - which so far seems to be all plan and very little action! - is limited carbs, lots of salads and vegies, a little protein, a little fruit, and protein shakes.

Lynn - good to see Irene left you relatively unscathed. Hope the Nook is able to be repaired.

Gayle - too true that the perfect family doesn't exist! My kittehs are going well, thanks for asking! I had to take Miss Rumple to the vet last week - she had very smelly breath and was quite unsettled at night so I thought she had a toothache. The vet could only see a slight touch of gingivitis, and couldn't find any other cause of the smelly breath. So, Rumple Dumple was dosed up with an injection of slow release antibiotics (thank goodness I didn't have to give her tablets) and since then her breath has improved and she is sleeping better - which means we all sleep better

Freda - you're right, there's always a lot happening on these boards - it's great! Hope you have time to do some fun stuff too!

NCNancy - another great outfit, and more great bargain hunting skills! You always look so comfortable yet stylish! I used to work with a lady who bought all her clothes at the op shop AND they had to be non-iron. We always said she had "great fashion daring"!! For you, I would say great style!

Z - you are right, I have been hiding in the corner, even from myself. Well, no more ... I'm back on track - if I say it often enough I might believe it WTG on your stellar efforts at not straying from your eating path and a spectacular result of 14lbs d-e-l-e-t-e-d forever. Wow, what a lot of sleep - your busy busy busy life must've caught up with you. Sounds like a lovely celebration for DH's birthday!

Bobbi - what a wonderful harvest from your garden! And how cool that you will be enjoying the fruits of your labours for a while with your frozen goodies I'm still thinking of your wonderful garden as inspiration to plant up some herbs in my courtyard. The weather is definitely becoming warmer, although we have frost predicted for tomorrow - officially our last day of winter. Maybe I will get on to it this weekend???

Marie - thinking of you at this sad time

Rosey - LOL at your description of your weekend as peaceful - all those puppies sound fun fun fun but not what I would call peaceful

Karen3 - nice to see you are back! Great effort on your bridge game against the computer hands

Hello to Carol / Tea Granny / avimen / and anyone else I might have missed

Toodles!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Hello I tried Spanx when looking for something to make me look better for my dd's wedding. I ended up getting just a waist cincher and a panty with a high top to meet it. When I tried the full Spanx (top and bottom), I looked like a rolled sausage!! No waist just rolled and straight! LOL You may be different though.

Mary
When my daughter got married, I wore a long line bra that held in my midriff and waist enough to make my dress look more flattering, but I outgrew that a long time ago! LOL I also had a pair of undies that had a high elastic top that I wore sometimes. But now that I really need something like that, those garments are long gone. I guess I will just have to work harder at losing the weight. Every spring I tell my husband I hate when it's time to go without my jacket because the jacket covers up my rolls. His reply is "Get rid of them and you won't have to worry about it." And he's right!

Carol
Old 08-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! I got up at 7:00 this morning! Can you believe it!!! I have some running around to do today and wanted to get some stuff done before I do that.

I did get the Rocky Ford Cantaloupe and they are delicious!! I am going to try to save some seeds and see if I can get them to grow here next year. Then I will have Rocky Ford Cantaloupes grown in Carthage!! LOL!!

Mary, I have also used Bananas and Blueberries with my slimfast. The bananas seem to taste better with the Chocolate though. I've also bought the bag of frozen mixed fruits and use that--- pretty darn good too!!

Rie, I'm dreading closing the pool too. But I wouldn't want to leave it open while we are gone and I doubt there will be too many days left after we get back that will be real pool weather. Last year I think it was in Oct. before we closed it down.

Koala, I really enjoy my crock pot too. Glad that you are enjoying that site. I guess it was 3 sisters that put it up on facebook for a "Few" family and friends and it took off like wilde fire!! They started in on Aug. 19 and already have over 300,000 likes on it. I guess they have started a website now. It is: www.crockpotgirls.com Should be really good once they get it up and running good! I love recipes!!

Donna, Glad to hear that GM is doing so well. I know that has got to make you feel so releaved. Sure enjoy the pictures you are posting. I know I will never be able to afford to visit most of these places but can use the imagination while looking at the pics.

OK Hello to everyone and I guess I'd better get busy before the days gets away from me completely!

Have a great day!!

Last edited by Karen31; 08-30-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #382  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hello, g’morning, and happy Tuesday one and all! I had a personal day off from work as planned yesterday, and spent two and a half glorious hours at the lake in near-perfect weather – cloudless sky, beautiful sunshine, and about 75 degrees with a pleasant breeze. That was after some heavy cleaning during the morning hours. Don’t like thinking about them much. Makes me too annoyed with dh, frankly. We have two covered litter boxes that we keep in our back hall for our 3 feline kids. (My) expectation is that they will be cleaned daily – as I always did when I got home from work when both dh AND I were working, and his commute got him home @ an hour later than me. Now, with dh home a majority of the time, the task has fallen to him, and while he does it daily, he does NOT do it up to my standards. I had to empty them completely, take them out in the back yard and hose them down – and did a thorough sweeping and scrubbing of the back hallway, where little bits of litter had gathered in corners, and actually managed to PILE UP behind the litter boxes. As you might imagine, dh made himself scarce while I did all of this mumbling near-obscenities under my breath and no doubt looking somewhat less cheerful than usual. (note my deliberate use of UNDERSTATEMENT to describe the atmosphere…) Follow all of that by dismantling the coffee maker and giving THAT a thorough scrubbing….I left the glass coffee carafe in the sink, in a dishpan of hot, sudsy water, and dh annoyed me further by “washing” it and setting it back on the coffee maker. When I picked it up and took a good look at it, it still had that brownish film across the bottom that builds up after about six dozen pots of coffee without thoroughly cleaning the pot. Clearly, dh’s idea of cleaning things is to run them through some sudsy water and then give them a rinse. No attempt at actually cleaning…Grrrrrr!!! So, I did that over again, did a few loads of laundry, which I folded and put away, and then headed down to the lake. Dh had a routine doctor’s appointment, and joined me at the lake when he finished up with that. By then, I had relaxed a bit and was feeling less inclined to throttle him mercilessly. Went home at @ 4:30 and made a batch of black bean patties that turned out perfectly…the best batch yet! We each ate one on pita bread with sliced tomato, baby spinach, avocado slices and just a dab of lite Miracle Whip. Oh, and 20 – count ‘em – exactly 20 kettle cooked russet potato chips for 150 calories. I swear, they are my new addiction!
Tomorrow night, dd3, her dh & kiddos, ds & his fiancée and dh & I are going to bring a cake and ice cream to dd2’s after supper to celebrate her birthday. No point in trying to take her out anywhere – little IzzieBee needs to be fed every hour or so (although she is getting a little better about waiting longer between feedings). I have no idea what to get dd2 for her birthday, though. She’s going to be starting her new job at the end of October, and will need some clothes – unless she’s managed to diet herself back to her pre-pregnancy size, because she has plenty of nice suits and such from before she got pregnant. So, I don’t know. Maybe jewelry. Maybe bath and body works products – actually, yes, that might be the way to go. A nice basket filled with all of her favorite exotic bath products and a bunch of certificates for “babysitting” for an hour or two at a time over the next six months or so that will enable her to give herself a nice “spa treatment” without having to keep one ear to the door for IzzieBee. I KNOW she could never get away for a *real* spa treatment. That’ll have to wait for a while, I’m afraid.
I can hardly believe the wedding is nearly here! Yikes! Oh – and about my outfit. I think I’ve managed to arrive at the proper blend of uniqueness while remaining (nearly) conventional so as not to come across like the eccentric old thing that I actually am. I shall make every effort to get a picture taken and posted before the fact. As to whether or not it gets the GG seal of approval, PT…well, I’m hopeful that it will, but if it doesn’t….I’m just not sure! If that were the case, I might just give up and wear something REALLY outrageous right out of my closet! Decisions, decisions….
Nice, Koala, to see you back to your old posting style. I’ve missed reading you with my morning coffee!
Mary, I could never get much benefit from those spanx things, either. They are too reminiscent of the corsets my mother used to wear, I guess. They seem to just turn your middle into this hard-packed tube – yes, right – like a danged sausage, indeed! Plus, once I got past wearing the kinds of jeans that you had to lie down on the floor to zip up, I became extremely focused on comfort as opposed to actual shape. Thus began the era(s) of the elastic waists! I’ve never actually changed from that, either. I still look for elastic waists on practically everything I buy. If it’s not a stretchy waist, then it has to be a size larger than usual so that nothing prods or pulls or puts undue pressure where I don’t care to have it. “Freedom’s just another word” (as far as I’m concerned; sorry, Janis) for plenty more to lose, but in the meantime, staying as comfortable as possible. Translation: old is never having to pull on a pair of spanx.
Rie/Val….hmmmm…see? Stretch waists tend NOT to fall out from under your tunic! Highly recommended!
K3 – how are you doing? I’m anxiously awaiting more tales of vanquishing the bridge-playing computer program and emerging victorious…I picture you bourn home on the shoulders of your beloved fans, proudly waving a placard reading “Bridge Champ and Esteemed GG Member”!!!!
Hi Jane! Welcome aboard! As for Slimfast, Jane & MustangK – I just never seem to feel full when I have one of those drinks. Or, I feel full at first, but it wears off too quickly. My tummy requires bulk, which is why I can’t live without my Fiber One, which Bobbi steered me towards many moons ago. Now I use it in combination with lots of different things and use it grated as a flour substitute in recipes. Eat it in it’s original state every morning with a half a snack baggie full of blueberries and another half a snack baggie full of strawberries – add about a half cup or a little less of skim milk, and it sets me up for most of the day – sometimes straight through until supper. BTW, Bobbi, the chick peas are definitely a diet staple, as well. Hummus (and I LOVE the artichoke variety, too, Rie/Val!) and just a handful thrown on top of a tossed green salad, or in soup. I need to check out some other recipes…I do love those little critters…
Carol, I don’t know if you can try them on before buying, but I definitely would spend the money on spanx until you know how they fit/feel. None of us here seems too fond of them, that’s for sure.
How’s your son doing, Tea?
Glad to hear the storm didn’t do any permanent damage, Lynn. I don’t even know what a nook is? Is it something like a kindle? An Ipad? Good grief…sure feels like I’m out of the techno-loop, doesn’t it?
Gayle, I’m afraid that too many of us grew up watching shows on TV like “leave it to Beaver” and “Father Knows Best” and like that…and we’ve all thought our own families were hopelessly dysfunctional as a result. Turns out that the Cleavers and the (whoever “Father’s” family was) are the ones who were atypical. Now that society has about done a 180 on family values, we’re STILL dysfunctional, but now we’re the old fogies who haven’t kept up with all the new and exciting lifestyles… can’t win, I guess.
Freda! FOURTEEN pounds!!!!! Of course, seeing as how I was hoping for an even 20, it isn’t quite as dramatic as it could’ve been, but I’ll at least look a little less like Ms. Piggy when I get up to dance (oh, no….I’m so scared that I’ll trip on something! ) with my son. Pictures coming soon, I hope. Definitely before the wedding!
Hi Rosey! Give those furbabies a hug for me! (I really do love the snuggly little creatures…I guess I’m just too used to my ever-so-independent khat family, who only launch themselves into my lap after much humble begging and cajoling and promising treats on MY part…)
Nancy, show us more outfits, please! I’m really enjoying these little fashion shows! And Lyn, I’m certainly hoping that you were able to outrun Irene and get safely away on your Canadian vacation.
Over and out…time to do a little work. Have a good day, everybody!
Z
Old 08-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #383  

Morning everyone..ive sure been busy doing what i dont know,seems my times not my own when dh's home welcome jane you will love it here. i had gastric bypass surg so i follow a high protein very lo carb diet. and very small portions,ive adjusted well and am pleased with my progress and loss. zoe sounds like u had alovely day at the lake,and yup dh can drive us nuts wanta borrow my rolling pin.am sure what ever you choose to wear at the wedding you will look fabs. karen31 i use my crock pot all the time,and love it.sometimes i just wing it and it always turns out yummy.mary i dont like anything tight so wouldnt go back to those one piece girdels i wore in high school they are torture. seems when i turned 50 i was more interested in how i felt than what others thought.im all for comfort,but here in alaska we are so casual in our dress that i dont worry about it. i dont even own a dress Gayel sry for the family stress,i dont think any of us are immune to having these issues doesnt make it any easier tho does it well here comes dh and guess what hes hungry,honestly he expects me to drop what im doing and jump threw hoops for him and guess what i do cuz he brings me flowers lol. so i had good intentions of doing personals for everyone ,so please forgive me as i dont mean to ignore anyone so ttfn and rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 08-30-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #384  

Just a quick post for now...maybe more later. Went to our yoga stretch class this am...felt really good. Todays my free day meaning I can do things I want/need to do with not too much housework. I will be cleaning the spare bedroom and main bathroom but little to do there, and have to change our sheets (master bedroom) because I forgot to do that yesterday. I plan to go get a manicure. That's all I know so far.

So far today I'm OP. Trying to do better. I have been kinda off and on recently. Bought some of those 40 cal fudgsicles...but they aren't safe in my house still. Should learn a lesson...when I overeat them, I find myself spending a great deal of time in the bathroom! Thank God, they are gone now at least!! I didn't gain weight but oh, the discomfort!

Dh's eye seems better this morning...no double vision on the way to the gym, so he wants me to wait on calling the doctor. Thank God, his eye continues to seem like it is healing itself however at times that lid wants to partially close and sometimes the double vision is back too, so hard to tell what is happening. Time will tell. It's not stopping him from being active. He went fishing yesterday and plans to go again tomorrow.

Bye, for now..
Old 08-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi Goldens!

Today is my early morning meeting day so I didn't get to work out or get on 3fc this morning You have sure become a real part of my days! I need to get to Cabella's later to get a few fishing supplies and my license (I am appalled to realize that I am just buying my license in August) What a terrible year for fishing. I am so looking forward to the mountains.

Zoe, my dear, I growled in sympathy and also smiled to myself about your descriptions of cleaning differences with your dh. I have those same issues with ds. I just have to tell myself that testosterone or the y chromazome is a handicapping condition when it comes to cleaning. I am quite convinced that his idea of clean and mine are profoundly different. I think you showed wisdom and admirable restraint.

Rosey, you and your dh remind me so much of the relationship between my parents. I swear that my dad is actually just a large child most days and my mom is his loving, exasperated parent. What can I say? You can't live without them, you can't get a way with smacking them with a fry pan. Then again, for you, there is flowers....

Donna, I am so glad that you had a good evening with GM and that she is getting better. How nice that you helped her wash her hair. A few years ago, when I had surgery, my dear friend and hair stylist showed up in the hospital every morning to make sure that my hair was taken care of and that I looked "good". I think it was his idea of caring for me. So nice.

Mary, you crack me up because your "free day" has more housework than I ever want to do. Glad that you made it to the gym today. I hope Joe's eye continues to improve.

Karen, early day for you! I hope that you got all your errands done.

Unfortunately, work calls and I have to go. Sorry for anyone that I missed. BBL

Rie

Old 08-31-2011, 12:07 AM   #386  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ I was looking at the recipe section again. I had never gotten around to trying those egg muffins ~ but am wanting to. Then I saw again ~ your recipe for the Micro cake ~ one of the ingredients you had listed was wwpancake mix ~ what is that? Could you use like bisquick instead? And what size coffee mug would I use ~ a regular looking sized one, or a big sized one?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:45 AM   #387  

Hi glynn ww means wholewheat but bisquick works as well. and i use a reg size coffee mug.use spray pam and dont be alarmed as it raises above the top of the cup like a souflle but when its done drops back down. the cake is good with berries.or sf jams and a dap of light whipping cream or cool whip. i usually cut the cake into 3 slices. let me know how it turns out for you.you can find other recipes like this on theworldaccordingtoeggface. u cant print them from her site but i just jot them down. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 08-31-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:30 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 106.8/93.8/65kg

Height: 169cm

Hellloooo GGs

Almost at the end of Day 4 and I'm staaaarving (for a little something sweet )!! I even managed to stay on track at a work lunch today. I don't want to undo that Herculean effort so I shall not give in, no no no

Carol - I've been known to wear a "puller innerer" (I think that's the technical term LOL ) when I go out to dinner - it's so uncomfortable it's a constant reminder to not overeat

MustangK - sounds like you had a busy day planned with such an early start. Those cantaloupes sound derlish - in "Australian" they are called rockmelons (or rockies!). One of the few things I like about summer is all those tropical fruits

Z - your afternoon at the lake sounds like bliss! Especially after you spent your morning encouraging your inner domestic goddess to make an unscheduled appearance! Your birthday present idea sounds exactly what a new Mum would most value - pampering products and TIME to enjoy them Looking forward to seeing a photo of you in your wedding finery!

Rosey - I hear you on reaching the age and stage in life where I care more about being comfortable rather than what people think - I'm forever saying "build a bridge, get over it"

Mary - I could never consider a day that includes the teensiest bit of housework a 'free day' - that's more a cranky day for me LOL Your yoga class sounds so good! Excellent news to hear your DH's eye is starting to improve.

Rie - not long now until your camping weekend in the mountains

Gayle - hope the recipe turns out great!

Toodles!
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #389  
Grammy on a diet

S/C/G: 163/154.6/128

Height: 5'2

Good morning ladies, You are all such an inspiration to me and so welcoming. I thank you. This won't be a very long post because Murphy the Wonder dog is champing at the bit to go for our walk. Just a bit more to introduce myself.. .
I live on Boyd's Mill Pond, South Carolina. It is actually a 235 acre lake. My husband and I bought it to retire here but as I said before I am alone now. My girls live in Alaska, Arkansas and this fall the oldest and her husband will be transferred to New Mexico for the Air Force. I was married for 38 years before I married Jay who was my high school crush. I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how to do it here. I am kind of down today because I stayed on my Slim Fast plan yesterday and went to Curves and bowled for two hours and still gained two pounds from 156.2 to 158.4 What the heck? Well I am not going to give up because I really need to do this for myself. You are all so nice, I appreciate your welcome and I will continue to post. Right now Murphy is doing the peepee dance and looking at me soulfully. I will check in tomorrow. Thank you, Jane
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....just reporting in. I am ok. On day9 of those antibiotics and they leave me half sick and fanny draggin'. Reading all the posts, but will wait awhile to do personals. k3
Closed Thread