Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 09:58 PM   #316  
lynard

S/C/G: 214/206/180

Height: 5'9"

Wow – Seems a lot of us GGs are doing well.

Congrats, Gayle!!

Congrats, NC Nancy!!

Rosie – great pics! You both look great. Nice healthy dinner too.

Karen31 – I know you’ll shake those “blahs” soon. This cold weather has me a little down too.

Welcome back Lynn…did you bring back any warm weather??

Mary – I can relate to your lazy day. My DH and I loaded a couch into our wagon to bring over to a friend’s house this am. We were then going to go to a Home Show…but both pooped out once we got home. Then we made the fatal mistake of downloading an update to our browser and our computer balked, so we tried to restore it back to a previous version and it would not…so we though we had really wrecked things up. Luckily, after “resting” it decided to cooperate. We stayed home and watched a movie instead.

We plan to try and make it to the Home Show tomorrow.

Did take a nice walk in the woods behind our house and met a guy in waders who had just raked a bundle of clams. Brrrr!

Lyn
Old 03-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #317  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Hey, everybody! Wow. Is Saturday over already? Yikes! The twinnie's birthday party was today - a cast of thousands, and a visit from the "real" Blue (dog) of "Blues Clues" fame. (You may know about Blue if any of your grandkiddies watches the show.) Anyway, it was pre- and post-party labor intensive, and I'm pooped. DH is already in bed snoring. Guess I'll hang in the guest room tonight. I need a good night's sleep and his snoring would NOT be helpful. Thought I'd check in on y'all, though, and it sure looks like everybody is on track in preparation for summer! I've stayed on plan all week, and am hoping to see another 2 pound drop when I weigh myself tomorrow. Naturally, I'll settle for 1...I'll settle for any drop at all. The kids are coming over tomorrow to discuss their wedding plans...and yes, that is the son who's getting married...he's the only son I've got!
Mary, I must have made my smoothies wrong, because they never filled me up, and I stopped bothering with them. I like my food solid, I guess.
Nancy, that breakfast roll up sounds divine! I was just saying to dh tonight how much I miss being able to eat eggs. I seem to have developed an allergy to them over the past five years. I get nauseous, even dizzy, feel like I'm going to pass out if I eat them, and yet, how I would love a nice omelet right this very minute!
Glad you enjoyed your Florida trip, Lynn. Wish you took us all with you!
Karen31, you probably feel guilty because it's become such a routine for you, and diverting from the routine feels wrong. That's how I am, too, once I get into the habit of doing something.
Glad Granny/Mom is getting some relief, PT. My knees act up every so often, and it sure hurts! I can only imagine what it must feel like for that poor lady.
Congrats, Gayle! (I KNEW you could do it!)
GREAT pictures, Rosey! I'm so glad that your getting out and about these days!
How was "Despicable Me", Lyn?
Karen3, those nasty women aren't worth your time OR your concern. Next time you see 'em tell 'em I said they're nothing but a bunch of moldy old battleaxes! (Your mama can't spank you if I say it!)
Hi Freda, and Bobbi, and anyone I've missed (I KNOW I'm missing quite a few, but my eyes are closing, here.) Love to you all, and a very pleasant Sunday!

Z
Old 03-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #318  

Hi Everyone. Quick flyby and it is nice to see all the posts, work has been awful, so haven't posted but check on everyone and send a quick prayer and a hug in all directions. Quick note to Karen 3. Those women aren't worth feeling the way you do. We can recognize quality when we see it, obviously they cannot.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning!! Ok I feel better today. I have done 6.6 miles this morning with the wii and now I am all showered, cleaned up and ready for church!! It is cold here again this morning, we have 33 degrees!! But I just feel better this morning. I didn't sleep very good last night, only about 5 hours, but when I woke up at 6:30 I decided that it was time to get up and get moving!

Have a Great Sunday!!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:27 AM   #320  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Drive by........ fly by? Whatever.... quick check in!

KarenMO, LOVED the picture on FB of all four lovely and beloved furbabies!! You look good, too. Is the other woman a relative or friend? She's quite lovely, too!

Off to PetsMart to buy food for SamCat. As he gets older, it's harder and harder to tempt his palate, and his little haunches are getting so thin! However, if he wants something, I'll buy it! Then there's an open house this afternoon, so I need to get cleaned up, get to the catfood store, pick up Granny/Mom, and then go celebrate the new house. Such socializing!

Hope your weekend is lovely!
Old 03-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #321  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

I'm home, mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted. My DS will have a long recovery, but one day at a time, right ladies. It feels wonderful to be back, and thank you so much for the words of support, the love and the prayers that you sent. I'll touch base later - I have to do things like throw out 2 weeks worth of science project looking food from the fridge-my husband is strictly a "heat and eat" kind of guy-but he did a wonderful job with all of the animals, while putting in a 15 hour work day + a 3 hour commute, so I don't really care that the house is a disaster area.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:45 PM   #322  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning my Golden Sisters

I've been out and walked and had a bike ride. Yippee!! It is not sunny, but it felt good to get out just the same.

I listened to a couple programs on TV this morning that kind of lifted my spirits. One is ~ Music and the Spoken Word. From the Temple Square in Salt Lake City Utah ~ the tabernacle choir and an orchestra and an organ. They do music that is related to the message of the day. Sometimes traditional hymns, sometimes more modern music ~ something that goes along with the theme of the message. One song on the program this morning was from the Rogers and Hammerstein's ~ Carousel ~ the song ~ You'll Never Walk Alone. I really enjoy that show. Used to listen to it on the way to work on Sunday mornings when I went to work at 6am, and I felt sad when my schedule changed and I wouldn’t be able to listen to it anymore. Then, I found it on TV ~ and it is even better ~ they have pictures ~ kind of like a slide show of nature scenes and things sometimes to go along with the music.

The other was that TV pastor Joel Osteen. He always has a positive message ~ and when I tune in from time to time, the message those days somehow seem to apply to my life/circumstances at the time and be something that I need to hear. I have been trying to find a church to be my church home and family, but I have not had much luck. I was excited when my schedule changed so that I would have every other weekend off again and could be able to go to church again. The ones I have visited ~ were pretty good, the people were nice and the message was good, but oh my ~ the music is sooooooooo loud. I don’t hear well, and it is too loud for me ~ it makes me wonder how it feels to the ears of people who can hear ok. One lady told me I would get used to it ~ I thought to myself ~ I do not want to lose what hearing I have left to get used to it ~ LOL. I have found this to be the situation at several churches I have visited on my quest. I do not understand why they find it necessary to make the music so loud.

Poo ~ glad I had saved most of what I wrote on “word”.
Thought I could quickly add the personals, crazy machine did it’s own thing and I lost that part of it. Here we go again

Tea ~ glad you are back home ~ sorry you are so tired. Glad that your son is on the road to recovery. Hope you can get some rest now.

Donna ~ have fun today Give SamCat a pet for me

Karen MO ~ glad your blues have passed and your are back at your Wii routine.

Bunti ~ sorry things are awful at work for you (I can identify ~ you are not alone) hope it gets better soon.

Zoe ~ wow ~ what a busy day you had yesterday ~ hope you can rest up and relax a little today.

Karen FL ~ those nasty women ~ Grrrrr ~ we love you!!

Lyn ~ glad you got to enjoy a walk yesterday

Mary ~ your day sounded far from a lazy one ~ you are a whirl wind of cleaning and activity

Rosey ~ your smile just lights up the room ~ you are beautiful

NC Nancy ~ hope you have some sunshine today. Did you have fun with your nephew and the kids yesterday?

Lynn ~ glad you had a good time in Florida. Hope nice weather comes to your area soon so you can enjoy a walk outside

Forgive me if I have missed someone. I’d better get this posted before I lose it. Hope you all are having a nice day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 03-27-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #323  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone!! No sunshine today but it is still a good day. We are about to leave for church. Just having a cup of tea until it's time to leave. One reason's it's a good day is that my weight was pretty stable this week and I lost 1.4 lbs. Don't get excited though cause I'm still just working on getting down to my sig weight. I'm just happy that I was able to keep it down this week...usually I go up and down and often on Sunday which I consider my "offical" weigh-in day, I'm high. I'm taking a fiber supplement before meals and it does seem to help. You can take up to 3 but I only take one so far as I am so afraid of getting filled with gas. I took Fibercon one time and I was in SO much abdominal pain!

Nancy - I enjoy taking care of my home for the most part. There are a few tasks I don't care for of course. On Sundays all I do are my daily tasks (other than cooking) and they are already done.

Glynne - I hope you find a good home church. My bil complains about the loud music in some churches too. It actually doesn't bother me but occasionally it does bother my dh. We have a wonderful local church and when we are on our winter trip we have good churches most places we go that are similiar (yet different!) than our home church. Most are small and we love that we can help them a little financially while we are in the area.

Teagranny - I bet you ARE tired...both physically and emotionally. I would be. Glad your son is recovering even if slowly.

My dh is calling me and I still have to brush my teeth after drinking tea so bye for now.

Last edited by maryea; 03-27-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:32 PM   #324  

S/C/G: 310/290/150

Height: 5'4

Good Afternoon Ladies,

My computer ended up down for a few days, so I tried to read back through to catch back up. It's my week-end off and just chilling. Went out with my sister-in-law yesterday for my B-Day (Tomorrow) and saw a show and dinner. It was really nice to just bum around. So wanted the butter popcorn at the theater-but didn't.

Tea Granny: I'm so glad your son is doing better. One day at a time. Thoughts and prayers will continue your way.

Gayle: I live in Oak Harbor, Ohio by the Islands (Put-In-Bay) between Toledo and Cleveland. When my son was still in the Army-his wife didn't like the Army and came back with the kids, so as sad as it was their marrage did not make it, I did get to be around my grandkids that are now 20 and 18. My daughter lives in CA and will be starting a family in the next several years and I may have to move that way also. Do not want to miss out and that is why I just finished 4 years of college again so I would have a higher degree. Hope it helps when needed. My daughter was a nice surprise when her brother was 12 1/2. They are very close and she and my granddaughter are like sisters.

Karen3: I did not read if the elections were over---good luck. Do not let others bring you down. You sound like a wonderful lady to not participate in the same manor of actions.

Ellabella: Thank you for the welcome and I hope you get the blessed alone time we all cherish once-in-awhile also. It is a big adjustment. God give me patience which I always thought I did have. HeHe A work in progress I guess.

Bobbi: I sure hope you feel better soon. It's frustrating when an ailment does not go away quickly. Thoughts and prayers your way.

Rosey: I'm glad your moving better. Hope it continues to do so. Thoughts and prayer your way also.

Maryea: The super moon was so big and ER at work was "Super Moon Crazy" all weekend for sure. It was pretty tho.

ladyinweighting: Thank you for the welcome also and I'm glad your FL trip was great.

Lyn: It's nice to chill and watch a movie sometimes and I hope you made to the Home Show and enjoyed it.

Karen31: I get the "Blahs" when the sun is not out for days. Glad your feeling better. Good job on your mileage.

Bunti: Hope work is getting better for you. It can be crazy. My mantra at work is " They can't stop the clock" LOL Hang in there!

Donna: Very cute cat. My daughter went off to college six years ago and her cat adopted me as it's next best friend. He does have character.

Nancyoyo: Three cats--my goodness--I could not get that one by my husband. When my daughter moved out and I got her cat, I wanted to get another one so Tigger would not be lonely. My husband does not like cats and that was not going to happen. My husband is home all day and when I came home from work one day, I could hear Tigger screeching loud and ask my husband what he did to him. He said he had no idea what his problem was and poor Tigger ran to his litter box which I had cleaned that morning and he banged his head against the top of it which I had put back on backwards because I was in a hurry--so the opening was toward the wall. geeezzzzz Poor kitty held it all day. I gave him tuna for not going anywhere in the house. I felt sooooo bad.

Everyone else ----have a blessed day and a healthy one.
Shirl
Old 03-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #325  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello again Shirl ~ I remember Put-In-Bay ~ our girl scout troop had a camp out there when I was about 7th or 8th grade ~ it was a blast.

Happy Birthday tomorrow ~ in case I don't get time to post anything. Enjoy your day.

Glad you are enjoying your weekend
Old 03-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

In July of 2006, I weighed 185 lbs.

By October of 2008, I weighed 155 lbs.

For the past 2.5 years, I have been trying to get to 145 lbs. Today, I weighed in at 145 lbs! I have hit my current goal. I want to maintain this for at least 6 months before I try to go lower.

Lynn

PS - as soon as the marathon is over (April 3) and my course is done (April 15), I will get back to personals. Sorry for all my short messages.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:55 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 250/142/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey GGs,
Another chilly, rainy day here (sigh). I was feeling sort of blah & listless this morning, & was worried I might be coming down with something. Noooo! But, I feel somewhat better now, so, hopefully, I’ll be ok. Still feel just a little bit “off”, though.

Yay! Lynn! You made it! Way to go! That's impressive. And inspiring. Even your FL trip didn't slow you down!

Rosey, I don't think I mentioned yesterday, that I enjoyed the pics. You’re really looking good. Glad you enjoyed that dinner.

Mary, after reading your tip about the sodium in the TV dinners, I went & checked the ones I had in my freezer. Two of the three were way too high! I’ve been saving the trays they come in, with the idea of making my own healthier versions. Guess I better do that. And, congrats on the 1.4 lb. loss - you’ll be back to your sig. weight in no time!

Lyn, did you make it to the Home Show today? And, Zoe, are you all rested-up, & how was the weight-in?

Bunti, sorry your work’s been awful. Just really busy, or something more than that?

KarenMO, 6.6 miles on the Wii?! Wow! I really admire your energy - got to get me some of that! Donna, good day with your mom? And did you find something to tempt SamCat? Give him a pet for me too.

Maureen, good that you’re home & your son is on his way to recovery. Hope you took some time to relax before tackling the house & those “science projects”.

Gayle, I’m glad you finally got to ride your bike. I think I’d be feeling better if I could just get outside a little today, but it’s too nasty out there. I did enjoy getting to see my grand-nieces yesterday. I took care of the 2 younger ones (the oldest was in school), while their parents worked, for about 3 years. For the first year, I only kept the youngest one, & she was only 7 weeks old when I started, so she almost felt like my own. She’s 9 yrs. old now, & the other two are 11 & 13. Hard to believe they’re that old!

Hi Shirl. Poor kitty! And he was sooo good! I not only have the 3 cats in the house, I have 12 outside. My SO likes cats, but not in the house, so he gave me a hard time about mine. But, since they were abandoned by their mother when they were only a couple of hours old, & I ended up raising them, they’re my babies. So, he had to give in to the inevitable (& he loves them too, just not as much as me).

I’ve lingered here long enough, time to do something else. (I always stay longer than I mean to!) Bye, y'all.
NCNancy
Old 03-27-2011, 07:36 PM   #328  

Height: 5'3"

Popping in again since not much to do today. Always enjoy reading your posts and like to respond before there are too many.

Nancy..yes usually the sodium is way too high in the frozen entrees. Now and then won't hurt but certainly shouldn't eat them often. Making your own sounds like a great idea, I did that a few times when I was working.

Tyme - enjoyed your cat story but poor kitty! I would never have been able to hold it that long!

Lynn - Congrats on hitting 145!! You are amazing with all your disciplined eating and exercising though so I'm not really surprised! You mean you still want to lose more? I don't know where I need to be really, so haven't really set a long-term goal. LOL It takes me so long to go down a few pounds cause I keep bumping up again and having to lose it again, almost seems silly for me to talk about a long-term goal! Several years ago I went from 174 to 145 and although I looked much better and felt SO much better, my tummy was still fat. That's where I carry my excess weight.. in my torso and arms but esp my abdomen. So I too think I may have to go lower ...maybe 140 or even less. When I was 24 after having our oldest dd I weighed 120 and already my upper arms were starting to look too big. Because of my age I'm reluctant to get lower than that but I'd say I really need to get down to 120-140, somewhere there. Good luck with your marathon...I'm very impressed! I like to walk and am looking forward to walking the track at the gym again. It's too cold and rainy to walk outside right now.

ETA: Decided to finally post my picture. As you can see I really do have gray hair like my previous avatar. Actually my avatar looked a lot like me except my arms are actually fatter. ;-) The little gal in the picture with me is my youngest gd.

Last edited by maryea; 03-27-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #329  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
ETA: Decided to finally post my picture. As you can see I really do have gray hair like my previous avatar. Actually my avatar looked a lot like me except my arms are actually fatter. ;-) The little gal in the picture with me is my youngest gd.
Hi Mary,

You and your DGD are both BEAUTIFUL! You and I have had close stats with you starting and ending abt 15 lbs lower than me.

Yes, at 145, I still have plenty of fat I could lose. I am only 5'1" - I should really be about 110 - but I know I will never see that again (hopefully).

I have lost and gained MANY times in my life. I know I can lose. The problem for me has always been maintaining. This time, my goal has been to learn how to maintain. Basically, it's the same as losing - eat less and exercise more.

Lynn
Old 03-27-2011, 08:44 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary,I love your picture and your GD is beautiful too!! So glad that you decided to put a picture of you on. It makes it so nice to have a face with a name. Like so many of us here, I don't know if 125 will be my final goal but it just seemed like a good number to choose. I am only 4'11" (used to be 5') and I think most charts say that I should be around 109 to 112 but I don't think that will ever happen. But I do think it is good to have a goal to work towards, but like everything else, it can change.

It has been cold here all day. But at least it isn't snowing! So I guess it could be worse. I'm figuring in another month we will be getting the pool ready. I start getting so anxious about now but have to wait at least until the first week in May.

Well, I'm really tired tonight for some reason. Think maybe I will just go and watch some tv and do nothing.

Take care and Hello to everyone!!
Closed Thread