Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning! Weigh in this morning shows 164.9 which is only a 0.4 loss this week. Dang it! So I will just leave my ticker where it is and plan on making it move this week!!

Welcome OKAnnie!!! You will love it here. Where in OK are you from? We aren't to far from Grove and like to go to the lake there. And I have relatives in Enid.

Well, I need to get going and get that workout in! I was late getting started yesterday and if I keep messing around I will be again today too!!

Be back later.....
Old 03-18-2011, 11:28 AM   #227  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All....
TeaGranny, good thoughts for your son! Please keep us posted!

Nothing going on here... but! We got about an inch of snow! It was so lovely to see it! It's already starting to melt, which is okay, because we need some water on the trees and lawns and on the fires, too! Every little bit helps!

Hope you're all well. Hang in there and have a good weekend!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #228  

Morning all, quick flyby.

Donna, its NOT snowing here, and I am so glad. We got awakened in the wee hours by a loud crash, got up to investigate, couldn't figure it out. Checked front and back yard, DS bedroom, rest of the house, garage etc. Couldn't find a thing. No lights in the neighborhood went on, everything looked okay, nothing on our local radio station. If we both hadn't been awakened I would have thought I dreamed it. Well, this morning looked out the window above the sink, and the neighbors covered porch has collapsed- an add on room about 16 by 20. What a mess, I guess that is what we heard. They must have slept thru it last night. Heavy snow. and the porch didn't have much of a slant, so it all stayed up there. I am glad no one was in the porch.

I feel sluggish after corned beef and cabbage last night. Saved the points for a serving, and waited too late. It interfered with my sleep too, sigh. I guess I have changed what my tummy is willing to deal with.

Tea Granny, I am thankful you posted and that your son has been moved out of trauma. That is good news, and hope he is able to be operated on soon. My son had a terrible accident as well, 17 years ago, and I will never forget the "hurry up and wait". We were there for 4 months- he escaped much of the pain by being in a coma--mixed blessing. Orthopedists can do so many wonderful things now, that is so hopeful. Continuing to pray.

Gayle, many years later I still am not used to only 2 days off-- it is a whole different rhythm- but it gets better.

Zoe, hope things are going well with you. Get some rest girl, you're too quiet!!

Everyone else, I will post later. Just realized the time and I have a meeting in 20 minutes! Hugs.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....the second quiet day. Dh clicked on what he thought was something from his security program and the Itech just left. It was a new nasty. He, Dh not itech, drives me crazy. He answers the phone and chats with people. Last month it was for a police fund. Yeah i know there is no such bird. Now we will get dunning phone calls for the pledge he supposedly made(Again).

opps forgot.

OkAnnie....welcome.

Gayle......telling you again sweetie. You must come here and whine and vent. We need to be needed. Besides when it's my turn you have to listen to me.

Bunti....read not to long ago how heavy just a few inches of snow on a roof is. It was hugh. have to go back and look. Thats not counting ice etc...

Karen.... gesh girl .4 is almost 1/2 lb. Bet you have gained muscle weight. Good job.

Donna....think that is the first time this year i read someone happy with Snow! enjoy.

We are supposed have 80's for next 2 weeks which means i can start up the pool. Swimming seems to be the only excerise I really like to do. No sweating noticed in the water.

Tea....glad you checked in. Prayers are still being sent by all of us.

Zoe....Will you be doing a Spring dance Sunday. can i watch can i can i????

Gotta go check bridge scores....karen3
Old 03-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #230  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Feeling in a little better spirits tonight than when I wrote here earlier. Thank you all for you kind words and encouragement.

Had a pleasant suprise at WW ~ actually (despite having some times of not the best food choices) lost a pound.

Had to run some errands ~ had coupons and got two cute dresses for Maddie at Kohls ~ they were on sale and with the coupons one was (originally $22, the other $ 20) $1.08 and the other was free. Cool

The sun finally came out. Got to visit with my sister via phone ~ she made me laugh (laughter is the best medicine they say).

Gotta go finish doing the getting ready for work stuff. Then off to bed after a bit.

Hope all is well with you all.

Take care
Old 03-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #231  

Hi everyone..its been a crazy busy day..this am i made a honey do list for my dh and together we did it all..mostly housework,laundry,dishes,and vacuming..my house looks nice. tommorow we both have apts at the hosp fpr tests.hes havinga cat scan and im having my 3 month blood test to make sure im getting the nutrients i need..i have not been out for 6 weeks and im stir crazy so even a trip to the hosp is going to be fun.and a side trip to wallmart i have been having a terrible time ordering clothes becuz my size has changed..i needed new bras and have yet to find one that fits right..so i did this sizing video on woman within and it must be wrong as according to them i need a 46 J yikes i know its wrong lol..im not built like dolly parton..anyways for now i guess old will have to do..i'm still chuckling over that dumb video..hoping u all a have agreat weekend.prayers for your son tea. rosey
Old 03-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #232  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls,
I've just gone back 3 pages to catch up. I didn't see where Zoe fell, what's happening Zoe?

Bunti...I used fat free mayo which cuts some of the calories, I had some fresh broccoli to use up and thought that would be a great salad. I'll not make that again for a long time. Sunflower seeds, raisins and sharp cheddar cheese is so high in calories.
Quote:
I love that salad you mentioned, but figured it was loaded with calories. Still, there may be room on my plan....

Shirl...I wrote that book title down and will look for it tomorrow. Thanks!
Quote:
I love to read and will hit the library for "True Colors". If you get a chance to read "The Secret Gift", it will touch your heart also.
Mary...welcome home. I used to go on hunting trips with DH and always wanted to get out and kiss the ground when we entered back into Minnesota. But then I hate traveling too. We drink organic tart cherry juice in the mornings. Dr Oz had a segment on it and it's suppose to be really healthy.
Quote:
Mary…I'm home! We decided to come back one day early so we got here Monday afternoon. I think
Hi OKAnnie! Welcome!
Glynne...yesterday I was looking at some of the weight watchers frozen desserts but didn't buy any, still too many calories. How was your weigh in?
Quote:
Have weight watchers weigh in tomorrow
KarenFla...We were in the 50's the last couple of days and some towns are getting ready with sand bags for the flooding that's sure to come. We're not in danger ourselves but Rochester is. (Mayo Clinic town).
Quote:
We are supposed have 80's for next 2 weeks which means i can start up the pool. Swimming seems to be the only excerise I really like to do.
Rosey...I love Walmart too, we have a super Walmart in our town and I like one stop shopping. Do you ride their scooters around the store or bring your own. Maybe you can go try on some bras while you're there so you know what size you're in now. I'm mad about those stupid college basketball games too, I missed Dr. Oz show.

Quote:
fun.and a side trip to wallmart i have been having a terrible time ordering clothes becuz my
KarenMo...nope, woke with a migraine yesterday morning, had it all last night and again this am. Doc said taking x-rays wouldn't do any good. My problem is obvious, knotted up neck/shoulder muscles. He put me on a muscle relaxer and something to ease pain and sleep. Plus I'm going back to Health Reach where they'll do deep massages. (I love them)
Quote:
KarenMoBobbi, did you find anything new about your headaches? They can be so miserable.

Freda...I was thinking of joining a Zumba (Zoomba?)class but was talked out of it. I don't think I'd be able to could keep up to everyone. Plus I'm LAZY. Are you still in the losing mode?
Quote:
Freda…I went to Curves for Zoomba last night. it was fun, I sweated like a pig, and I'm a little sore this morning. Feels good to change things up a bit.

Donna...Do you live in a heavy wooded area? I was thinking Colorado was the best place to live, hadn't thought of forest fires. Have you ever been in one?
Quote:

There have been several fires in the canyons around Boulder already.

DH gave me a good massage this morning on my neck and back, think I'll go and get some laundry done.
Hi Zoe, Nancy, Lynn, Lyn, who'd I miss?
Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 AM   #233  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Yawn. Mornin'. Yawn. Saturday, is it? <lookin' around> Oh. Yeah. 8:42 and I still have me PJ's on. Mus' be the weekend. Good. 'Tis been a busy week for this old crone. My son and his fiancee have chosen their wedding venue, and I'm really, really pleased with their plans. Instead of the traditional church-country club scene, they're renting a gorgeous country home up in the Berkshires for the whole long Labor Day weekend, and we'll all go up with them and stay for all three days, after which we'll come home and they'll leave on the honeymoon the location of which, as of yet, remains undecided. Here's the place: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6or_O5HFkXA And, in the final analysis, three days here for all of us is cheaper by far than one (wedding day) in a traditional wedding + reception scenario. Of course, they'll be renting a big outdoor tent and dance floor, and there will be catering costs for the reception, a photographer I suppose, but still way more for the money than is typical. Plus, we'll have a barbecue, the more agile among us (including the wedding couple) will play some tennis, and we can wander around that pretty property to our heart's content. Lovely. Now I REALLY have to stick to my eating plan (I already am, so I'm a least a few steps ahead of the game) so that I can look my best as official Mama-of-the-groom.
Well, that's my news for the week. Oh, that, and yesterday was my twinnie's second birthday! DD is having their "official" party next Saturday, but had a little family pizza, cake & ice cream party last night. I couldn't go. I seem to have developed a rather nasty cold between Thursday night and yesterday afternoon. Went to work - had to drive up to Pittsfield (2 hours) in fact, and managed by taking a rather large dose of cold medicine (not the kind that puts you to sleep!) but by the time I got home, I was wiped. That, and thinking that a nasty cold wouldn't make a very good birthday present kept me bundled up in front of the <gasp> TV waiting to get good and sleepy so that I could drink down some Nyquil and try to sleep through the night, which luckily, I did manage to do. Change of season, no doubt. Doesn't seem to take much to start me clogging up and sneezing and coughing. I'm just now realizing that I'm starting to sound like a freaking hypochondriac...always complaining about something. I absolutely abhorred that about my mother...she was one of those people whom you never dared say "Hello, how are you doing?" because she would proceed to spend the next half hour providing a graphic inventory of her health concerns. So, if I turn into her, Im'a goin' to shoot myself and put us ALL out of our misery!
Grocery shopping today. Whee and whoopee-do. Nuffin' else on the agenda, and that's a very happy prospect. I DO want to brew up a pot of my chicken soup, and get a few things ready for the week's menus, but other than that and a little light cleaning, I'm prepared to be quite sluggish. I have (picture a line of royal trumpeteers blowing a tah-dahhhhhhhhh!!!!) been keeping up-wiping up, dusting off throughout the week (plus DH, who is the biggest source of crumbs in the house, actually was in Rochester, NY for a couple of days doing some consulting) and so my house isn't quite the disaster it usually is on a Saturday morning.
Yesterday was bee-yoo-ti-ful - almost hit 70 degrees, and sunny, oh, yeaaaahhhhhh. Today is sunny, but I can hear the wind roaring out there, and it's not supposed to get much over 40's today. Ack.
First day of spring tomorrow you say, Karen3? Ohhhhhh. Yes. Dancing, moi? Hmmmmm. Would you settle for a big, heartfelt sigh of relief?
Oh, Rosey, having your clothes get too big is just the most exquisite kind of problem, isn't it? Of course, with your sewing skills, I'm sure you can keep yourself clothed until you reach the point of shopping in the juniors department.....oh, the bras! Yikes. I don't suppose you can make those. 46J???? Oh, my. I'm afraid that the only way to get a good fit in a bra is to try the darned thing on. One size, I've found, isn't even uniform from one brand to the next. I used to wear nothing but Bali underwires, but for the past maybe six or so years, I wear a Lilyette "keyhole" model that's both comfortable and about as flattering as it can be, considering what it's got to work with.
Hey, Gayle....wow, I haven't been to Kohl's for a while, now. I've been haunting T.J. Maxx and Marshalls for summer stuff for myself (and I don't know WHY, really...this will be my last summer working, after all) but now that you've mentioned the kid's clothes, I really should make a run by and see what I can pick up for the grandkiddos. Oh, and look at you! An unexpected pound gone! Doesn't that just feel sooo good? Like you sneaked it past the food police or something, right?
Hi Bunti - me, quiet? LOL. Now I KNOW something's not right. Omigosh about that roof. Earlier this winter, a three-family house here in Worcester collapsed from the roof being filled with snow. Collapsed! I don't think anyone was in it at the time - I didn't hear about any fatalities or anything - but they had to take the house completely down and haul away all the debris. Now that's TOO MUCH SNOW!
And speaking of snow, it amazes me, PT...that you got so little this year. NEXT year, we'll be glad to spread the wealth a little more evenly!
Karen31, the key is that you keep on moving down...and you're doing that, my dear woman! Plus you are toning and building muscle, which is heavier than fat. So you just keep up the good work, and this summer you'll be gliding through that pool of yours in an eeny-meeny, teeny-tiny yellow polka dot bikini!!!! LOL! Does anybody remember that song?
Hi Annie! Jump right in and join the fracas. We have ourselves a good time hereabouts. Except when we're whining, but even that's okay, too, because we all take turns!
Tea, I'm thinking of you and your son, and praying that the surgery went well. Please update us as soon as you are able.
Welcome to you, Shirl. We're happy to have you with us. And yes, time for ourselves is essential. And it's hard finding some with a DH whose home all the time (mine retired 3 or so years ago, and since then, I've yet to ONCE come home to an empty house.) VERY difficult. (Ooops. I actually did the other night when he was away on that little consulting job. What luxury!)
Nancy, you look sooooooo little! Wow. You've lost nearly 100 pounds! I didn't realize that! You ought to be super proud of yourself, chickie! I am! Of you, I mean. Fab-u-loso!
Bobbi, I'm not a huge fan of raw brocolli, but I've been seeing bags of it shredded in the grocery store for brocolli slaw. Is that sort of what you mean? Oh, yeah. That book sounds about right for me, too. I have to say that the sex scenes in the Claire and Jamie books weren't my favorite parts. Especially thinking about what they must smell like with so little opportunity to bathe....uck.
Oh, Freda, those temperatures in the high sixties yesterday were heavenly, weren't they? 40's again here today, but that little taste of warmth and sunshine was sooooo sweet, wasn't it?
Okay, this isn't a post, it' a freaking NOVEL, so I've gotta to cut myself off. Hey Lynn and Lyn...thinking of you two chickies, too, but I'm purely out of space, here. Have a great weekend, y'all!!!!

Z
Old 03-19-2011, 10:47 AM   #234  

Good Morning!!! It is a pretty nice day here so far! Right now it is about 50 degrees but we have promises of thunderstorms this afternoon! I can do without those!

Zoe, I had to laugh when you brought up the "itsy bitsy teeny weenie Yellow polka dot bikini" I used to have one---many moons ago! Now if I get one it will be hanging on the refrigerator door for motivation!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTd0QbMXGg

I've read the posts this morning and glad to hear from everyone. I am going to get busy for now and will get back here later this today. Have a great Saturday!!
Old 03-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #235  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
PT/Zoe, you made me laugh out loud... but, of course, I'd have to save this and then go back to see WHY you made me laugh out loud (I'm VERY old and tired, you see!). I hope your cold is better (no, that didn't make me laugh!).

Bobbi, Denver itself isn't all that wooded, although an aerial view shows a lot more greenery than one would think. However, the areas around Denver, the beginnings of the mountains and the mountains themselves, are full of woody areas. We always have brush fires, and this year it started early because of the lack of moisture. We had a huge fire several years ago, the Hayman fire, which destroyed I can't remember how many thousands of acres, and I could hear the slurry bombers going overhead on their way to try to drown that fire. THAT was scary! Those planes are loud! The city of Boulder itself had some danger this year, but Denver hasn't.

KarenMO, I remember the yellow polka dot bikini! Gawd, I can even remember wearing a polka dot bikini (back in the days when I did all sorts of degenerate things . Fond (dim) memories....) I'm very proud of you! Have I told you that lately?

Bobbi, I can see that x-rays might not be needed, but has your doc suggested an MRI or other neurological test to make sure there's nothing going on in your noggin' that might be causing the migraines? This just doesn't seem like a good way to live, for the next 40 or 50 years!

Tea, any word on your son? Good thoughts!

Everyone, hope you're all well!! Later, gorgeous girlies!
Old 03-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #236  

Hello again! I just finished jogging 6.11 miles with the wii and thought that while I was in here putting all the activity in fitday that I would come back and see what is going on here.

Zoe, I just clicked on the link of that Summer rental WOW!! that is really nice and a Beautiful place for a wedding!

Donna,Thanks for the compliment and I remember that Hayman fire! We lived in Divide, Colorado at the time and the fire came to within about 4 miles of our home!! We were leaving on vacation when it started and saw the smoke but figured it was in the national park and it would be taken care of....so went on our way. We were worried the whole time and then we got word that they were evacuating our area, pretty scary stuff! I tracked the whole thing on the internet while we were gone.. Pretty stressfull vacation when we were clear back in PA. and nothing we could do. But thank goodness when we got home all was well with our house.

Tea, let us hear from you when you get a chance and update us about your son. Prayers and good thoughts for you.

Got to go.....
Old 03-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #237  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon all....Just showered and put on a ton of make up. The brown spots have turned kinda blackish and left cheek looks like someone decked me. Just spots but weird. We're going down to Charlie Brown's Monkey Island for dinner with friends. 30'x30' island in the middle of the Homosassa river that has 4-5 monkeys living there. No one knows for sure where they came from....the restaurant feeds them. Up river is Lou the hippo who altho is not a native has been given native status to live out his life here. Yup live in a strange area.

Lynn is having a perfect Florida day for first day here. It's 82 right now with blue bird sky.

Gesh sitting here typing and both my hearing aid batteries died. Both! good thing i don't have a 3rd ear. It is so weird when that happens the world goes quiet. I totally ignore the chirp warning and get shocked everytime. Actually quiet is nice.

Pulled up the web page to check the menu and aside from a salad guess this is not an OP night. Have to see what is the special maybe Dh and I can split a meal.

Have you looked at the original yellow poka dot bekini? Remember thinking how daring and the pants are really like bright colored big girl panties. Long ways from a tong. We went to the wigwam and saw the Everly Brothers singing "wake up little suzy" on our 2nd date and that song still turns my heart strings. ahhhhhhhh

Glad that Spring is getting to you all. By the time you are in full Spring we'll be closing up the house for the summer heat. Nice right now without the a/c sucking dollars up.

Got an email with before and after pictures of japan. OMG it is so bad. Gone just gone and so dirty. 1992 no name storm that hit this area they think was a stunami. The flooding came inland miles from the Gulf, but nothing like Japan.

They are blowing the horn,,,,karen3
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 PM   #238  

Hi everyone..we were up early this am as the dh had an ultra sound scheduled and i had a blood test.then we went to the grocery store and we had both fasted for our tests and never ever go to the store hungry i had a NSV today and u cannot imagine how great i felt..its always such a chore for my dh to get me out and esp back in..usually we dont need help but today my dh wasnt feeling the greatest but everyone was busy so no extra help; so coming home i walked with my walker up the wheel chair ramp and didnt falter,huff or puff or break a sweat. My dh and i were so excited, a major accomplishment for me im still smiling..have agreat weekend rosey
Old 03-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #239  

Height: 5'3"

Rosey - so happy for you! It does feel great to lose weight and be able to move more freely.

Bobbi - I love to travel, but would prefer not to stay 3 mo. esp since we do not want to come back during that time because of the weather conditions in the mountains we have to cross. (In an emergency of course we would either drive the pickup and leave the RV down south or fly home.) But I just don't like feeling like I'm stuck down there and yet once I'm there I adapt very easily and enjoy it. The RV has always felt very homelike. It's just that my way of traveling is to go and come not stay so long, but dh feels differently as he can't stand the cold rain and rarely seeing the sun up here which doesn't really bother me.

Anyone viewing the Super Moon tonight? Doubt we will see it due to the clouds but I plan to look for it.

My bs was still high this morning despite being OP with my carbs.
So far doing well today too. Had cottage cheese and two tangerines for breakfast, lunch was a very large strawberry-peach smoothie. Couldn't believe how much the recipe made ..suppose to be ONE serving but for me it was more like two! But I did drink it all as what I'm looking for is that filled-up feeling and I knew the carbs were ok. So I'm very full right now! LOL

My dh has been enjoying his new toy ...the pressure washer he bought yesterday. He has the patio and the driveway and walkway all cleaned up from the moss. I pulled a few weeds on the way back from getting the mail but that's all I did outside today. Trying to make Saturday my outdoor day if the weather cooperates. It is still very wet out there but the sun has finally come out.

I also went out to the RV and brought in all our bedding to wash. I know there are other things I need to bring in but I always forget when I get out there or I can't carry it all.

I finally feel caught up with my house cleaning although there are a few areas...like our closets that need organizing. That will get done in time but since we got home I have just sorta been throwing things in them or near them. Another thing I did today was to throw away old receipts and file new ones. Gathered everything I should need for filing our income tax which I plan to do next week.

Tonight's dinner is grilled steak, with mushrooms sauteed in Smart Balance, and sliced tomatoes. I may also heat up some leftover veggies or canned green beans to have with. My dessert will be applesauce. Dh may want rice to go with his dinner, but not me.

I'm feeling better so think the UTI is over. Have a f/u visit with doctor next week to make sure.

Karen 3 - Sounds like a unique place for a restaurant. We went down this highway in the Philippines last year where there were lots of monkeys. They came out because people would pull over and feed them. It was fun to watch them but there were some with physical defects and that was sad.

Yes we have come a long way from that little yellow polka dot bikini! I remember my mom saying she thought one day people would wear just a little string type bikini on the beach and her prediction has sure come true. Personally I never ever wore a true bikini even in my skinny days...I thought I was TOO skinny then! But during my brief "just right" days I did have a two piece I thought I looked pretty good in.

My leg is aching so think I'll soak in the tub for a while before it's time to start dinner. Have a good evening evening everyone!!

Last edited by maryea; 03-19-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 171/160/120

Height: 5 feet- if I really stretch

Hi, I just got back from the hospital. DS had his surgery yesterday - 5 hours long. He is all plated back together Was able to speak with his surgeon and see the before and after radiographs. He has a huge inscision and a large curved plate holding his pelvis together. He says he feels like a whole man now. He was soooooo incredibly lucky- there wasn't internal injury from the broken hip and pelvis. What was my DS doing you ask???? He decided to take up a new hobby at 31 years of age...bullriding....his friends even got the whole thing on film...shudder. More later - thank you for all of the prayers and good wishes - now he can start the healing process. More later.
Closed Thread