Old 04-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #1  

Default Worst time of the day for wanting to overeat

I seem to do pretty well in the mornings and at noon but have severe cravings in the early and late evenings. I want to eat, eat, eat. Any thoughts about how to get through these times a bit more comfortably would be great. I haven't had any weight loss lately and some of it because of this evening and night eatin.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #2  
Meow

anytime after work or on the weekends!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see tracker/180

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Same here, night time is the worst.
jademarlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/131/100 (kg)

Height: 1.67cm

Yes, night time is also bad for me. So, I keep some fruit and yoghurt that I would have used for breakfast and lunch to have later when I have the munchies at night. I do try to avoid it by first having some water or tea, but if I really can't help myself, at least what I have to eat then is part of my daily food intake.
Lila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

On vacation when I'm with folks who eat different from me. I find I have very little will power to resist what my travel mates are eating.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

For me, it's about 2 PM to 4 PM when I'm at the office. Those two hours are the worst stretch of the day.

In the evening, it's not so bad. But I have dinner around 8 PM & am in bed by 10:30 PM so there's less time to get into mischief in the kitchen.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #7  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Late morning; early afternoon -- the stretch between breakfast and lunch seems very long for sonme reason.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #8  

I switched my exercise to after work because this was horrible time for me.It has helped a lot.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #9  
In the Home Stretch!

S/C/G: See Tracker

Height: 5'6"

I think my cravings come with being bored. I'm not that busy this afternoon at work and all I can think about is food. I can't wait to get out of here so I can go to the gym and then enjoy a nice dinner.

If I'm bored I want to eat so I try to stay busy.
daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

Normally late nights. Or weekends!
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't go to bed until midnight, so between 9pm and midnight are my toughest. It seems to have helped to cut all caffeine out of my diet. If I have a craving I drink a glass of water. If I still have a craving, I eat half a banana. If all else fails, I do exercises to make me tired. I haven't had any cravings, though, since I started eating "snacks" instead of meals, every two to three hours.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #12  

Thanks all for your sharings. Very interesting. Someone posted that they also have problems with weekends-boy I second that too. Also, I never eat breakfast in spite of all the hoopla about how important it is. If I eat breakfast I just find that I eat more the rest of the day. One thing that helps me in the mornings and noon is caffeine. I drink lots of coffee and really dress it up with cream, Stevia, Splenda and that is my Cadillac intake in the mornings and I don't' usually get hungry. Then I eat lunch and dinner around 3 to 4pm and start really wanting to overeat off and on after that. Caffeine helps me so much to fight the cravings but even it doesn't work in the afternoons and evenings.
grabec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Grabec, you sound so much like me, it's unbelievable. At one time I didn't eat breakfast either. I found, like you, that if I ate breakfast, I ate more the rest of the day, and gained weight. Also, coffee, helped me during the day as an appetite suppressant. Eventually that stopped helping me. I finally read where joining a weight loss message board helps, and so I did. I don't know why it's working. I'm not doing anything I haven't tried before. I guess it's the sharing with others who are in the same boat as I am.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey grabec, Jada1

The trouble with not eating breakfast and just zizzing along on coffee is that, like Jada said, eventually it stops "working." Also, it's sort of a mini-starvation-binge cycle, isn't it? You starve all day and then stuff come 3 or 4.

And that's also why evenings are so hard!

It may seem as though you are eating more at first when you start having breakfast, but it gets bad only if you're not planning ahead. Plus it takes awhile for your body to catch up to the new program.

Try easing into some food in the mornings? And consciously cutting down in the evenings.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

yes i agree about having times where i am more likely to overeat. it used to be afternoon and it was usually caused by the fact i hadnt eaten enough to keep me satisfied in the morning. once i realized that eating so little in the mornings was actually super detrimental this got easier to deal with. really try to find the cause of the craving. i always keep something healthy on hand to deal with the craving though. slice up cucumbers and put them in a balsamic viniagrette, carrots, some kind of nuts, a joghurt. having something reaedy to go right away becuase the longer you need to wait the worse it will be!
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote