Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #136  

Hi all!

I was looking for an active thread on an over 50 forum, and looks like I found one.

Here I am again...haven't checked in here since August. My weight is the highest it's been in a few years. I am encouraged by some of your weight trackers; you guys are doing great! I am such a yo-yoer. I need to go back to WW or something, but my circumstances make it hard for me to get out to the meetings.

Is there a weekly weigh in forum on here anywhere? I really need the accountability of a weekly weigh in, I think. I weighed this morning, and started back on my diet...again. Couldn't wait till the first of the year. I needed to start while I was motivated.

I hope to stay motivated this time and get to know you all better. Hope springs eternal in the chronic dieter's breast, or something like that!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Hi Sue, I'm in the mountains above Hood River, where are you located?

I've been so crushed with losses from snow load this past week, I can't believe I haven't resorted to food to feel better, but I'm really sticking to my plan. I'll weigh in on the first and hopefully will be in onederland. I did have to up my calories to 1200 a day to try to relieve cramping (and it seems to be helping). Still buried under snow here, but it's been raining two days and two nights (so I get to collect rain water off the roof instead of melting snow...). I keep thinking this warm up will melt my spring lines and restore my water any day now. That will greatly boost my spirits. It's soggy wet outside, but still over a foot of snow. I will have a lot of repairing to do in the spring and just hope I've lost enough weight by then my body can handle it a bit better.

Last edited by recidivist; 12-29-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...We are still having wonderful perfect weather. The slider next to my desk has been open for weeks. We need rain bad. Have to fill the pool every few days when the water evaporates below a certain line.

DH is going hunting at 4am tomorrow. After all those years hunting in the cold weather it just seems wrong....well at least weird. Imagine needing bug spray when deer hunting in Jan.

I have gotten back on plan today and drank so much water think I am either gonna spring a leak or develope water intoxication. Hmm what are the symptoms of that....slurred speech and spinning toilet seat?

Been invited to an open house kinda all day luncheon on New Years Day. I need a hostess gift? Not food...any clues? helppppppppppppp

You all better check your neighborhood cause I think the entire northern half of this country just drove South! Traffic went from nothing to bumper to bumper....sighhhhhhh and will be this way until Easter Sunday morning.

Got back to the bridge table today and am a happy bridger. I miss the challenge so when I can't play. I am addicted for sure.

My DM lived for several years on the Mackennsey River in Oregon years ago with her sister. They finally moved to California to get warm and dry. Looks like you are getting storm after storm there.

Dash is still writing my DGD and he is getting rave reviews. The latest was about the eau de pomerarian he has been reading at the mail box. Dh says I am getting senile but asks for cc to his email.

I have screwed up my diet journey this holiday, but enjoyed myself and come the first of the year will go back for a week of level #1. Boy that is enough to scare me straight.

Bobbie...wow what a great picture.

Karen...what a view.

Freda...not working?

new Gail...Use the acct tread and check in with us often. The more you share the easier to stay Op it gets. Besides I need some one to yell at me to get my 5 servings of vegies daily and you may be it.

YoYo is still in California and Lynn is in Frances....sighhhh that is just a little envy leaking out.

Be good. hugs, Karen3
Old 12-29-2008, 08:05 PM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Sorry, I've been too busy to post. I've only had time to read, I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.
P.S. Thanks for all the nice comments on my picture, my face has turned red a few times.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:30 PM   #140  

Morning everyone..its -29 here this am and im freezing..im all bundled up in flannels and sweats a sweater and 2 prs of socks and the dogs are under their blankies..hope your day is going well rosey
Old 12-30-2008, 04:07 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 214/Ticker/130

Height: 5' 5.5", age 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Morning everyone..its -29 here this am and im freezing.
My hat's off to you. I'll never complain about the cold again!

What keeps someone living in a place that gets so cold in the winter? Ouch!
Old 12-30-2008, 06:19 PM   #142  

Evening all.....Gesh Rosey what temperature does mercury freeze at? That sounds brutal! How much day light do you get this time a year? Sending warm hugs and you can come down here and get toasty.

Quiet day and stayed Op. But boy do I want to cheat. The Tuesday game is moving after today to another building. Thank goodness, this one is infected with sugar ants. Zillions of them. I took a last big swallow of coffee this afternoon and got a mouthful of grounds or dried ants. yuck!

The fact that I have cravings tells me I need a sugar detox. Boy, know what I need just hate starting over on level one. I have been clean and on level two for almost a year. Will fight me tooth and nail and 2 days into it be fine. Be like that tv show 1st 48hrs.

Gotta go start dinner.....hugs, Karen3
Old 12-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #143  

Morning......shhhh I am typing as quiet as I can. Last night DH went to bed early to go fishing this morning. I went in the dark to the kitchen and walked rapidly into the door frame. Have a hugh lump over right eye and left big toe aches(?). Needless to say the thud woke the sleeping man. Head is sore today. No black eye yet.

I have finally figured out the perfect New Year's resolution. I am not going to be cricial of myself this year. I will forgive me as easily as I forgive others. Seems like if I can do that this journey will have really made a big stride.

Back to my ice pack....If I don't get back...Happy New Year Everyone, Karen3
Old 12-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #144  

Height: 5'1"

Happy New Years everyone. I have to work tomorrow, so here early!! Let's all make this the BEST Year EVER!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:09 AM   #145  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello Everyone

I'll be seeing in the new year tonight with my patients ~ and sleeping new years day. Happy New Year to all of you.

Take care
Old 12-31-2008, 11:25 AM   #146  
Bobbi

Good Morning Everyone!
Good bye 2008, I posted the 2009 ~January Golden Girls~. Dr. Weil had a interesting article posting 6 steps to keep your brain active. It would be interesting if everyone would post your answers to the 6 points and how you keep your brain sharp.
It's 8 below zero this morning and I don't have to venture out, it's so nice having a retired husband to go our in this artic temperature to fill all the bird feeders, check on the chickens, etc. Charlie (our dog) doesn't mind the freezing temps, he's a house dog but loves going out with DH to do the chores. He loves rolling in the snow banks and has a ball sniffing out all the outdoor scents of squirels and birds. I talked DH into exercising with me this morning, hope he continues. It's more interesting doing them together. I have lots of sewing to do this morning, I better get started.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:27 AM   #147  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Wow! Karen31, I didn't recognize your avatar. Thought it was a new member. You look like a beauty queen. We're a good looking bunch of chicks.

Hello Sue and Gail C.

We're getting a little snow mixed with ice pellets and a promise of more snow tomorrow. We've been very lucky with the snow so far-no big storms and most of what fell has melted with the rain or mild weather we've had. We missed that horrible storm Nova Scotia had and only had a regular snow fall.

We got home from DS's place on Monday night around suppertime but I put in a full day of cleaning and food preparation (for the baby shower/Christmas party on Tuesday) that night and never got to bed until 4 am. I made cupcakes and a baby shower cake in the shape of a baby buggy, iced and decorated them also. (You can see similar cakes online on baby shower sites.) Then I was up again by 8:30 am and started in again. I moved some furniture and pictures off the coffee and end tables into our bedroom and put out extra chairs and washed the floors, except the kitchen floor. Then I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things and came out with a bill for $120!! I also bought a few things for New Year's Day Dinner. When I got home I made a pot of chili and a pot of cream of broccoli and cauliflower cheese soup, egg sandwiches (which we forgot to put out), set out the cookies and cakes, etc, made chocolate fondue, cleaned up the kitchen, gave mom a bath and dressed her in her party clothes, and tried to run a curling iron through my hair before guests arrived. DH cleaned up the basement and got a few chairs from the church to put down there just in case some guests wanted to flea to the basement to get away from the crowd, vacuumed and washed the kitchen floor.

I was just getting one of the games ready when our first guests arrived. I was tearing the labels off jars of baby food so everyone could guess the contents. When everyone arrived there were 33 people in my small house. We were nose to nose and cheek to jowl. A few of the men escaped to the basement but most everyone else stayed in the main house area. We only played two games and then we ate and ate. The chili was vegetarian made with veggie burger. No one knew the difference and when I told two of my SILs they were amazed. Ha, ha. It was good chili, I guess. We had so much food that we didn't cut the cake but the cupcakes were the same and they were eaten. After we ate, the baby shower gifts were opened and then everyone kinda drifted off to their own homes. Most of DH's family was here and several of our friends from church came. Actually, if anyone else had come I'm afraid the floor would have collapsed. Not too funny if it really happened but you get the idea.

Well, I have rambled on and on and you've probably only skimmed over this post, ha, ha.

Karen3, do the host/hostess have any collections that you could add to? Or maybe a couple of little hand towels or kitchen towels might be nice. I'm of a practical bent and like stuff like that. Ouch!! hope your eye and toe are feeling better today.

Rosey, keep warm. That's really cold.

Recidivist, how in the world do you live without water for 2 weeks? Our town had water trouble a few years ago when the main water pipes broke and we were all waterless for 5 days. That was horrible. We had to get our water from a friend's well.

This is the last day of the year so at this time I'll wish you all a Happy New Year and we'll be thinking of you Freda as you work tomorrow.

PS: Are we going to have an Accountability thread for January?

Last edited by retiredone; 12-31-2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:40 PM   #148  
Bobbi

After I set up the January Golden Girls I noticed the absent of Meowee, are you o.k. ?
Those of us that want to continue into the new year with the accountability thread will need to get their spot in. I'll post it now before I forget unless Meow has already done it before I finish this post.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 PM   #149  
Bobbi

I posted the accountability thread so you all can sign up and get your spots. I also sent a private message to Meow to see what happened to her.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:35 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 215/192/150

Height: 5' 7"

Happy New Year Ladies! I'm gearing up to start my low-carb WOE. My biggest challenges will be :
1. Sticking with it for the long haul, not just giving up after a month or two.
2. To be successful I'm going to have to cut out the alcohol. I do enjoy a good martini and good wine...BUT... It's been keeping me from losing....too many empty calories and then you lose you inhibition and start eating "whatever".
I have to do this! I can't fit in my clothes and I don't want to develop the health problems associated with obesity. Yes, obesity. Can't sugar coat it or deny it...... I'm 50 so it's really time to get serious about this and realize it's a medical necessity. For the first time I'm really feeling the physical problems that the weight is causing....my increasing age and my increasing weight now make me feel pretty lousy. I think it will be easier to stick with as I lose weight, I'll have more energy and feel better.
Blah blah.....sorry to bore everyone!
I'm not a big poster but I'll be lurking around sucking up the support and good ideas! I'm going to try to get the "mind set" that this is a life style change and think "positive" thoughts about my health....in other words thinking about being successful and how good I'll feel doing that spring yard work!
Here's to a Healthy New Year!
Closed Thread