Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi y'all...I'm having a delightful day. The electric co we used in Md(8yrs ago) called and seems that once you join the Co-op you are always a member until you died. They have a $50+ check for me. My orginal $10 is now $700...but I can't collected until I died and they send it to my estate????? A small debt I wrote off came up with another $38. Should go buy a lottery ticket.

Phyllis and Karen.... Absolutely nothing is selling around here. Since the boomers are retiring it is surprising. Read that Colorado and New Mexico were 2 of the hotest retirement areas now instead of Fl. So will keep saying my prayers for U2!

Kathleen..... another loss!

Lynn....Size 12 pants and size 1 blouse along with perky is sensational for sure!!!

Yoyo....hey girl

Maryea...White foods? I remember eating some of that stuff. Bet if a loaf of white showed up I'd dive in. Haven't eaten anything white since Jan'07 Visions are dancing in my head!

Okay...have a question...I have been OP all week and even eating lunch. I whined about being too full. Noticed today that my rings were tight(usally real loose). Had unsweet tea with dinner along with full daily water intake. An hour later my rings are loose....is ice tea a diuretic? If it is am rushing to kitchen to make a gallon!

Take care of yourself, eat heathy and hugs...karen3

ps...I always write take care of yourself...because I know our generation of women take care of everyone else first and forget to take care of ourselves! So today start withU first...k

Last edited by Karen3; 04-04-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #47  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh wow . . . K3 . . . you definitely should buy a lottery ticket. BTW, the iced tea is no more of a diuretic than any other tea or coffee. Think the full day's worth of water just decided to work at that moment.

Funny . . . I was just noticing that my ankles are puffing tonight Obviously I'm retaining water and I'll be drn'd if I can think of any reason why.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 PM   #48  

Linda...Only thing I am sure of it ain't TOM!...karen3
Old 04-04-2008, 08:06 PM   #49  
Onward and Downward

And that is the best part about reaching "a certain age" . . . I don't miss that guy even a little bit.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:19 PM   #50  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

My son's girlfriend is coming to dinner (lunch) tomorrow and I was making an Hawaiian macaroni salad to go along with everything. I don't know where my brain was when I was making it but I cooked the macaroni and drained it I put it in a bowl and immediately put in the mayo and mixed it through. It was so hot the mayonnaise curdled and separated leaving me with an oily mess. I added the rest of the ingredients--onions, peppers, celery, boiled egg, diced potato and seasonings--hoping that it would improve. Well, it did not. I've made macaroni salad hundreds of times and have never done anything so stupid. I put the wretched salad in the frig to see if things would improve but after several hours chilling the oil was sitting on the bottom of the bowl and dripping off the macaroni. I would have made another salad, even potato but due to another lapse in memory I don't have any more potatoes or macaroni in the house and I wasn't going out today for any reason (not even for DS and his GF). I told my mother, who lives with us, that the salad was ruined but she said we'd eat it anyway, which we would. I went back in the kitchen to do something else and saw a box of instant mashed potatoes in the cupboard and my brain clicked in. I made a small amount of potatoes using boiling water and skim milk but left out the butter and I made it quite soft, sloppy actually. I added that to the salad and mixed it in and presto!!! the oil was absorbed by the potato. Now, I know the oil is still there but at least it tastes less greasy and looks much nicer. I must remember to go very easy on that salad tomorrow. We're also having a mixed berry and apple pie with ice cream and cupcakes. Saturday is my special dessert day.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:40 PM   #51  

Can I come? Please please
Old 04-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #52  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Yes, but watch the salad, it's loaded!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:29 PM   #53  

Height: 5'3"

Karen, know what you mean....funny how the white stuff can taste so good and yet be so bad for you! I don't get much either and still miss it but if I really look at it before I grab it and stuff it in, I can seem to just see the starch and it kinda turns me off....well a little at least. And sometimes I still grab...but at least it's not so often. My dh refuses to eat brown rice and whole wheat/grain pancake batter, so I get a little white rice and pancakes now and then but the pancakes is pretty rare. And I still eat a potato about once a week. When I think of it, I make brown rice for myself.

Caffeine is a diuretic but I have never noticed it affecting me that way. These days that's another thing I have pretty much given up...do get a little when in a restaurant now and then and I take one supplement that contains a little caffeine, but that's it.

Last edited by maryea; 04-04-2008 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:35 AM   #54  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning GGs . . .

It is daylight here in my little corner of the world, but not a very nice day. So far we've had a dusting of snow and we are currently getting a little covering of ice (just to preserve the snow, I guess). Later on it's supposed to be turning to just plain rain, so that should clear everything away again. Starting tomorrow, we are being promised a very nice and spring-like week.

After chewing over the events from my doctor's appointment yesterday, I've decided my doctor is getting smarter. I think I've been manipulated -- for my own good, of course -- but manipulated just the same. He didn't have too much to say about my lack of weight loss and he is fairly content with my BGL levels since dropping the Insulin. Somehow, however, we seem to have agreed to drop my Actos altogether, while upping my Glyburide to maximum again.

Why is this a good thing -- Actos belongs to the same family as Avandia which has had a lot of bad press over the past couple of years for causing heart-related complications. Why is this a bad thing -- if I don't get my act together and lose some more weight and do some more exercise (evil word), my BGL will probably start to climb again and there is no way in the hot place that he will let me go back on Actos; so that will definitely mean a return to Insulin. Sooooo, guess I'd better get myself heading in the great downward direction again, eh

Other than that . . . he's sending me back to the Opthomologist (regarding these fuzzy,wuzzy floaters I've got in both eyes now) and he's also sending me back to the Gynocologist (just for a follow up on Fibbie McGee).

Okay . . . I need everybody to tell me about their gloriously nice weather today since I need something to give me hope. See you all a little later . . .
Old 04-05-2008, 08:25 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
My son's girlfriend is coming to dinner (lunch) tomorrow and I was making an Hawaiian macaroni salad to go along with everything. I don't know where my brain was when I was making it but I cooked the macaroni and drained it I put it in a bowl and immediately put in the mayo and mixed it through. It was so hot the mayonnaise curdled and separated leaving me with an oily mess. I added the rest of the ingredients--onions, peppers, celery, boiled egg, diced potato and seasonings--hoping that it would improve. Well, it did not. I've made macaroni salad hundreds of times and have never done anything so stupid. I put the wretched salad in the frig to see if things would improve but after several hours chilling the oil was sitting on the bottom of the bowl and dripping off the macaroni. I would have made another salad, even potato but due to another lapse in memory I don't have any more potatoes or macaroni in the house and I wasn't going out today for any reason (not even for DS and his GF). I told my mother, who lives with us, that the salad was ruined but she said we'd eat it anyway, which we would. I went back in the kitchen to do something else and saw a box of instant mashed potatoes in the cupboard and my brain clicked in. I made a small amount of potatoes using boiling water and skim milk but left out the butter and I made it quite soft, sloppy actually. I added that to the salad and mixed it in and presto!!! the oil was absorbed by the potato. Now, I know the oil is still there but at least it tastes less greasy and looks much nicer. I must remember to go very easy on that salad tomorrow. We're also having a mixed berry and apple pie with ice cream and cupcakes. Saturday is my special dessert day.

Hi Isabella,

SKIP that salad!

Lynn
Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM   #56  

Karen & Mary,

Those carbs still "call to me." However, every time I give in, I regret it. If I eat carbs - I crave carbs. It's not worth it to me. Kind of like when I gave up smoking. "No Smoking" areas had become so ubiquitous that I felt like I was constantly in withdrawal. I quit to avoid the feelings of withdrawal.

I avoid carbs to avoid the cravings.

Lynn
Old 04-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
After chewing over the events from my doctor's appointment yesterday, I've decided my doctor is getting smarter. :

Okay . . . I need everybody to tell me about their gloriously nice weather today since I need something to give me hope. See you all a little later . . .
Hi Linda,

Glad to hear your doctor's IQ is on the rise. Guess you'd better listen to him.

The weather in Bucks County PA is beautiful today around 65 and sunny. I'm sure it will be up by you soon.

Take care,

Lynn
Old 04-05-2008, 08:50 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi Lynn -

Question - Is Bucks County down by Amish country? I'm in northwestern New Jersey (12 miles from PA - 12 miles from NY state). My daughter lives in Philly, so I'm in PA at least once a month!

Karen
Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #59  

Morning all....Beautiful warm day here already but breezy. Supposed to get afternoon thunder storms from the seabreeze wall. That is where the Atantic breezes met the Gulf breezes and bang the H'll out of us. Why area is known as lightening capitol.

Linda...A couple years ago after hip surgery DH was put on Glucocide instead of Metformin. Ate about 1800 cal aday and couldn't cheat since couldn't travel as far as the kitchen. He gained over 15lbs in 3 weeks. The doc said thats a side effect but it's better for his heart...we changed doctors asap.

Have to grocery shop today because DH invited his 3 girl cousins here tomorrow. If I could figure a way to be gone I'd begone! They have been rude to me for 50 years and just hate even having them visit..............grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr but must admit I refer to them as the "Sluts"...you know they greet every man by his zipper!

Take care of yourself, eat heathy and hugs....karen3
Old 04-05-2008, 11:26 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenGinNJ View Post
Hi Lynn -

Question - Is Bucks County down by Amish country? I'm in northwestern New Jersey (12 miles from PA - 12 miles from NY state). My daughter lives in Philly, so I'm in PA at least once a month!

Karen
Hi Karen,

Bucks is across the river from Trenton. My sister lives in Sussex County - has a dance studio in Newton & my niece lives in Blairstown.

Lynn
Closed Thread