South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-26-2016, 07:27 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Last Week in September

Good morning, Beachies, and come and have a cup of nice hot coffee this autumn morning. It feels like we had frost in the house last night since I forgot to turn the furnace to heat. At least I didn't turn it to AC as I did one night last week.

The wedding was not boring and lots of fun. The ceremony was outdoors under a huge oak tree at the Country Club and the reception indoors was wonderful. Great food and short and witty speeches. I ended up being treated like a queen at the ceremony and reception and was in all the "family" pictures. Glenn even called me "Mum" at one point. Since the family name is Pyper, they even had a piper but insisted the guy was Irish and he and the DJ played a lot of Irish music. We partied and "there was drink-taken." Everyone got home safely and the core group showed up at the Pyper's house next morning for coffee followed by a "lunch". The noon meal is always heavy in the country - Glen grilled smoked pork chops for 60 and I was up early and peeled potatoes and carrots. I was home by six with my car loaded with yellow and red tomatoes, sweet peppers and a small tree of basil. I guess I'll be doing some preserving before the fruit flies take over the kitchen.

This morning I'll go for coffee at the UC with the gals and guys and then run off to near Brockville to deliver the last few pieces of Fair schoolwork. This afternoon I'll tackle the veggies - maybe I'll make and freeze roasted tomato sauce instead of the usual salsa. Mary-Ellen arrives Wednesday and I do have a few chores - including setting some mouse traps since the fall invasion has begun.

Enjoy this lovely early fall day. It sure feels like fall this morning with the temperature a cold 0ºC - I think my green bean plants may be toast.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Where did the month of September go? It is a rainy morning but it brought the cooler weather are highs will be only in the 70s this week, I will take it, turn off the AC in the house. Yesterday we did end up going to the mall where DD2 picked up a couple more items for her costume. I almost finished the shorts, just have to correct the mistake I made with the elastic for the waist, they are too big so I need to cut some elastic off and resew and we are done.

Ruth sounds like you had a lovely time at the wedding that is great. Nothing like the weather going from hot to cold quickly.

Have a great day everyone.
Pearlrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello!

I slept in a bit this morning then you got all involved before I headed out to work. It was a very lucrative day at work today. That's always good. Better than yesterday and no big hassles. Now I'm sitting on the porch with the coffee that I didn't get to finish this morning. Enjoying the fall weather and watching the welder who see in front of my house. My parking is gone. I met up with my sister and my mom walking to their car. The major work it's in front of my moms house just a block east so they can't even get close anymore.

I did enjoy that coffee, Ruth. Thanks! It sounds like the wedding was an absolute blast! We got to start shutting down water in the swamp coolers this week.

Jennifer should be enjoying vacation right now!

Pearlrose, glad the customers coming altogether early. Did you Steve off the sickness? I hope so. I still have a lingering cough.

Well I caught a break this afternoon. I was thinking we had to go up to the landfill but it's closed on Monday. Yay!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, chicks.

I a a bit tired and whiny tonight as I fight off a head cold. I have battled a headache all day; I'm trying to drink extra fluids and will go to bed early.

Ruth, it sounds like you had a great time! We had frost here on Saturday morning (31*) and yesterday was only a few degrees warmer. My bean plants are dead but weren't producing anyway; I'm just glad the marigolds and mums made it. What did you end up doing with the produce? I made some great roasted tomato soup that I froze last summer.

Debbie, glad it was a good day at work. Enjoy your evening coffee. I'll probably get decaf in a bit.

Pearlrose, it is cute DD is already so excited for Halloween! It seems a long time since my boys were the age to dress up.

Happy Monday, chicks.
Beth19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

Hi! I am new here but I thought I would chime in. I am jealous of all the cool weather you are speaking about. Here in Sonoma County in Northern California it is over 100 degrees today. This is insane. I am ready for fall weather, sweatshirts, the nip in the air. Not to mention layers help me cover the spots I don't like about myself.
I hope you are all having a wonderful end of September. Here is to the rest of the beautiful season in front of us!
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 07:17 AM   #6  

Good morning,

Woke up to a quiet house no ac running I will need a light jacket on my way into work this a.m. Today is in office day and not sure if I have anything on the agenda other than a quick run to grocery store on the way home.

Welcome Nikkinicole we were in the 90s until Sunday so I hopefully you will cool down soon

Debbie my cold is gone other than some sinus issues but that could be allergies lol. Maybe they will get done early with street work for you all

Beth hope you are feeling better today.

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-27-2016, 07:22 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Good morning, Beach Babes, and 'Hi" to Nikki. Feel free to pop in anytime. We always have coffee now that I finally ditched my $%^$# Keurig!

Yesterday was a tad hectic in the morning but I really goofed off in the afternoon and hit bed really early. Today is full speed ahead with groceries, a bit of laundry and maybe even hanging the fall wreath since my DD arrives tomorrow. (She's a really easy guest - eats anything, makes her bed and helps in the kitchen.) I'll need to leave to pick her up at YOW mid-afternoon. Of course the timing is bad since we'll be in rush hour leaving the city but I'm sure we'll manage to think of something to talk about.

Debbie, glad today was cooler and you finally got your coffee. What the heck is a swamp cooler? Our swamps cool down themselves and even freeze this time of year.

Pearlrose, a least too long elastic is and early fix. Yes, I well remember the excitement over Halloween. It's a Monday this year, isn't it. I'll be just back from another wedding in Toronto so will need to stock up on goodies before hand. Maybe I can get a safe with a timelock?

Beth, we certainly seem to share the same weather patterns. I am hoping to get the tomatoes processed today along with the rest of my list. They are yellow and red and really delicious. I am planning to just eat some of them because I only eat raw tomatoes when they are in season - usually on a burger.

Dogs are awake, fed and fast asleep. Looks very comfy but the schoolbus just went down the road so it's time to get a move on! I like to be in gear by 8 o'clock.

Wishing you all a balanced day.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:26 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 317/*tracker*/165

Height: 5'9

Hi Ladies.
It's going to be another crazy scorcher today. My co-worker and I were in the parking lot waiting for another at 4:40am and it was beautiful out. Absolutely perfect. Except for it being 4:40!!!
Thankfully, I will be tucked away in my cool air conditioned building until 7pm!!
Hope you are all having a beautiful day!
nikkinicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:20 PM   #9  

Good evening, chicks and WELCOME to NIkki! I can't imagine living in that heat!

Quick check in while I wait for my Mock Cornbread recipe to finish. It's a nice switch to be able to turn on the oven without cranking up the AC! (And that recipe always makes me think of Linda )

It was a nice fall day today. The trees are really starting to show some color. I love it when the tips of the branches are red while the rest of the tree is still green.

Pearlrose, thanks for the well wishes. I had a headache much of the day but I'm feeling a bit better now. Hope your sinus issues clear up.

Debbie, hope you had a good day.

Ruth, I've been stuck in traffic at the 416-417 split more than once! Both DS1 and 2 spent a lot of time in the rinks of Ottawa. Enjoy your time with DD. I am glad she could come visit.

Later, chicks!
Old 09-28-2016, 08:20 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Morning from Delta after a somewhat worrying start.

Jazz has found yet another exit route from the yard and I forgot to clip on the long rope when I let him out for potty this a.m. Millie came in when I called, all whimpering and worried. (They certainly have bonded. I can't figure out why she doesn't follow him unless she's worried about mud. She's very girly.) Anyhow, he came back to the front door and had a good run. He has never walked in or out of that door but knows it opens.

My daughter arrives from Vancouver late this afternoon. We will be in rush hour traffic after pick-up but the airport is on this side of the city so it shouldn't be too bad. I considered having dinner in Ottawa before we hit the road but realized there's a three hour time difference so we'll just hit the road and have a light dinner here. Really looking forward to seeing her and hoping she can rest up when she's here. We do have a Fall Festival Saturday so I will be working the breakfast shift 7 to 10 in the Town Hall and then the milling shift 1 to 4. She may or may not help out. I think she will be working to reduce her sleep deficit.

Time to hit the kitchen and laundry and crank up the day. It's Camel day and I hope it's a single hump one.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #11  

Good morning,

WFH for me today, DD2 has art class this evening but that is all on the agenda this evening. DH has caught the cold that is going around our household, seems it takes about a week so someone has had every week for the past month, hopefully round robin will quit.

Ruth enjoy your visit with DD, glad that jazz returned on his own, we have been lucky on the rare occasion that ours gets loose she always comes back, grinning like a fool.

Beth glad you are feeling better, I am going to have to look up that recipe I forgot what it was and I love cornbread

Nikki hope it has cooled down for you

Debbie sounds like you had a good day at work yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Pearlrose; 09-28-2016 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Welcome, Nikki! My brother lives in Santa Rosa. I haven't been out to visit yet.

Ruth, so glad everything worked out. Kirby has been harder to find in the yard lately but I found his hiding place this morning. He has a little hole under a juniper bush. LOL. Neat that your daughter is arriving! I hope traffic isn't too bad and that you have a great visit!

Beth, do you still use the recipe for mock cornbread from our file or have you changed it a little bit?

Pearlrose, I hope everyone can just get healthy. I hate it when the virus just keeps going around and around. You asked about Rolfing. It would be best to google and read about it if you're interested. It's also called structural integration. It's really effective because you do a series of 10 sessions which do the entire body in a very methodical way from bottom to top. Releases Old body patterns and allows for new and better postures. I did it 25 years ago and had such great results. Good for me to do now with all the work I do plus losing 100 pounds. I'm already feeling much better.

So I am sitting at Cosco getting my snow tires put on. We are going to Glenwood as soon as I get home. My friend, Pat, has already headed over. The car is pretty much loaded I pulled up in the middle of the street before the construction started this morning otherwise I have to haul it half a block. The weather is excellent I'm looking forward to pool time.

Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:25 PM   #13  

Evening, chicks.
Another nice day here today, although I had a meeting after work and didn't get to enjoy the weather. Oh well, at least I seem to have beat my cold for the most part.

Ruth. Hope you had a smooth trip and the flight was on time. Enjoy the visit!

Debbie, smart move, pre loading the car. Sounds like you have a plan to work around the construction.

Rose, it's the mock cornbread recipe from this site.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entrees-phase-1/179853-mock-cornbread-spicy-beef-casserole.html
I use celery when I don't have zucchini.

Hope everyone's peak of the week was smooth!
Old 09-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #14  

Good morning,

It was chilly enough yesterday that I needed a light jacket for evening walk, love this weather. Rest of the week is wfh for me so I need to get cracking on some reports and get some training classes scheduled. Nothing on the agenda for this evening.

Debbie I googled rolfing sounds interesting but maybe painful, hope it works for you.

Beth I will have to look at the recipe, it's time to switch up some of the recipes I have been using and make some new things. My family is picky so I have to pick and choose what works.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hey Chicks!! Popping in because I get to meet Jennifer tomorrow! I'm so excited!! We're going to a soup bar some of you may remember me talking about...butternut squash bisque, anyone?!? Oh my!! Some is on plan, some is off...but my lips will be sealed in what we choose .

Ruth - that wedding sounds like a blast! Have fun visiting with DD this week. I'd be catching up on sleep too .

Debbie - SNOW TIRES?!? WTH!? LOL. Glad you had a lucrative day the other day. The place I meet friends for breakfast I always tip well (30-50%, depending on how long we're there) because we take up a table so long. Never mind I get a cheap meal, LOL. I hope you are doing well.

Pearl - isn't it wonderful having the a/c off. This is perfect weather to me - high 40's-50's at night, and 60's during the day. Except today - total downpour. DANG, it's raining hard out there (projected 4" last time DH told me). You sure are ambitious making a costume!

Beth - I love that casserole! Yum, yum, yum. Even my kids liked it. I don't remember zucchini it, maybe it's not the same exact recipe then. Is your cold better? They're so annoying.

Nikki - welcome to the little group here! Your weather is INSANE. But 4:40 am, to stay there until 7 pm?! What do you do for such long hours? Do they give you nap time?!

So I had to stop by, wasn't sure if Jennifer mentioned I get to meet her tomorrow . I have a couple of appointments next week, one is *really* giving me hope at improvement, so maybe I can start making healthy dishes again! If it goes through, I'll have to pop back in and tell you, and when it's completed (it requires another surgery), maybe I'll be back on board daily and back to eating healthy. This fall season gets me so anxious to make all those yummy soups I've made! Anyone remember the black bean and sweet potato? Or I have a favorite of lentil fall something or other - it's fantastic (like the description?). And the soups are so awesome because you make one pot and it lasts all week (and my kids wont eat it...good for me, bad for them!).

XOXO to all!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote