South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 08:14 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Phase I Start - Monday, May 16

I'm ready to roll! Um, no rolls! Anybody going to join me? I'll post my starting weight on Monday morning. Right now my ticker is 2 pounds wrong. Guess which way?
Old 05-14-2005, 09:31 AM   #2  

Talking

Ruth count me in!I have to read the book first though lol im pretty much ready just waiting on my cookbook and another book about why this woman stopped her low fat eating plan and switched to lo carbs. I feel like Sponge Bob when he says" Im ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready" lol I will see you on the " Lighter side" on Monday if I can get my reading done this weekend

Last edited by CarolD2005; 05-14-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-14-2005, 09:34 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

huh! Competing with the other mods, eh, Ruthie?
Good luck on Monday, girls!
Old 05-14-2005, 09:48 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Not a contest, My Pretty!
Old 05-14-2005, 10:28 AM   #5  

I'm new here, just registered today. Count me in, please, although I'm starting tomorrow since it's the first day of my work week. I went from 202 to 158 pounds last year on South Beach and about 13 pounds have slowly crept up on me since last summer. I'm still wearing my size 12's (down from a 18-20) but they are starting to feel differently, getting a bit too snug in the hips and waist. I know this diet works so I'm ready to start again. Would like to see 154 this time - that takes me to "average" according to the BMI scale.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Count me in!

Got the book from the library (sitter's daughter had book at college and it was in one of a bazillion boxes.) Read it last night and today, and now that baby boy is asleep am getting ready to make grocery list. Gotta admit, I'm kind of worried. It sounds too good to be true. Just had a Laughing Cow light and "Lightly Roasted" Almonds for a snack. Am making to switch from Michael Thurmond to this...very different, but I think I've screwed things up with Thurmond going on and off repeatedly. Anyway, here it goes! Go Chicks!
Old 05-14-2005, 04:35 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Welcome aboard, CarolD. Janswizard and Mamaeli.

I'm figuring out my dinner menus for next week using the Phase I Recipes for entrees. This will force me to try some of our yummy recipes.

Here's what I've got so far:
Chicken & spinach
Taco Bake
Herbed Salmon Filet *
Meatball Casserole
Chicken Divan
White ChiliTex Mex Pork Chops *

* means it's one of my recipes that I've tried many times.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:59 PM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Ok I'm back in it to win it! lol I need to make a grocery list for DH so he can get what I need!

Welcome aboard all you newbies!

Ticker....hmmm I should just bury mine somewhere! lol I think it's pretty close I'll check Monday morning and see if I need to change it. Ummm where is my fiber....lol
Old 05-14-2005, 09:40 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone and Ruth where dd you find those wonderful sounding recipies from?
Old 05-14-2005, 10:08 PM   #10  

hey everyone, hows it going? well i'm completely new to SBD but my boss lent me her book so i figured it was worth a try. i'm gonna finish up the book this weekend and am ready to start on monady.....hope all goes well for everyone and myself lol :P keepin my fingers crossed
Old 05-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #11  

Hi, everyone! I'm definitely in for starting Monday!
I WILL get those last 15 pounds off this time!!!
I know I will need the support of all of you to stick with it, though.
Janswizard, WOW, what a great loss last year on the plan!! How long did it take you to lose that much? Did you just do Phase 1 for 2 weeks, then Phase 2? Don't let those sneaky few pounds that have crept back on get you down. You can lose them and more!

Ruth, where can we find those delicious sounding recipes? I know planning ahead is critical to success and I'd love to check out some of those recipes for this week. My next stop is to the recipes board!
Have a great day, everyone!
Old 05-15-2005, 04:13 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

Welcoem to The Beach, Mom. All those recipes are in PhaseI Entrees on the Recipe Board.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:38 PM   #13  
A Lily from my yard!

Looks like we have several newbies startin with us on Monday Ruth! They always seem to inspire me with their enthusiasm! I can't wait to detox again! lol
Old 05-15-2005, 08:42 PM   #14  

Thanks Ruth! They sound awesome well everyone I just got my cheeses, cottage cheese,lettuce mixes, etc.... I got a south beach tv dinner by Kraft, it's for phases 1, 2 and 3. It's some kind of beef with brocolli and cheese sauce. The d#mn thing cost 4.59 here in Cali. It better be good or im gonna call Kraft and complain

I can't wait untill tommorow and I know by mid week im gonna need a push to stay motivated. I always get jazzed up during the first part of diets but I have the pda version, 2 sets of cookbooks, the plan and you all here. I feel great starting this because the more I see my sugar cravings the more I know I need to cleanse my body out with all this crap!

I will be doing my GAWD aful weigh in lol tommorow and my inches too. I also will be journaling online too to keep me from thinking about food. I feel so fantastic being here with my new found family. We are in this together I can't wait for us to start. Let the diet begin

Carol
Old 05-15-2005, 09:26 PM   #15  

Allright, I am definitely ready now. Went grocery shopping this weekend, using the ideas from the Phase 1 recipes here. (The ones in the book looked kind of complicated, not very much my style...) Have already tried the Taco Bake, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Mock French Toast (must spray pan!) and Zesty Lemon Pie (which was more like a pudding, but very zesty yummy with South Beach approved Cool Whip.) DH can't believe this is diet food, and neither can I......good thing he really doesn't care how much I spend on groceries, though!!!! I know this was the get started part, and I needed stuff like Splenda, some spices, and tons of cheese! (yay! cheese on a diet!) but my bill was $238! Ouch--and for this week's menu only. That usually what I would spend on a good two weeks worth. And I don't even live in someplace expensive like California...and those are US Dollars.......I did pick up one of the South Beach frozen meals, too. It was $3.50 on sale, here---pork with nuts and peppers, I think. This is my menu for suppers, including today's Cordon Bleu for 4 adults plus leftovers

Today: Cordon Bleu, Green Beans with Almonds, and Zesty Lemon Pie
Tomorrow: Joe's Good Stuff (or something like that, from this website..spinach, hamburger, cheese, etc.)
Tuesday: Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce
Wednesday: Salmon
Thursday: Crock pot spaghetti sauce on spaghetti squash with chicken chunks
Friday: Was going to be Crock pot BBQ Pork, but the loins were not on sale, so I'm using a very lean beef roast from the freezer

Also am making: Breakfast cheesecake, chocolate ricotta creme, mock oatmeal, Belgian waffles, and cilantro mayonnaise from the book.

Also bought SF fudgesicles and SF popsicles. popsicles have only 4g of carbs, but fudgesicles have 9 (store brand; market brand came in twin packs for a total of 20g, so watch out) Also more SF jello and light soy milk (only 5g of carbs vs. skim milk with 11g.) Bread is not my problem--it's sweets! Can you tell?

Note: grocery list did include chicken nuggets for son and two XXL Hungry Man dinners for hubby (who is 6'3'' with a 34 in. waist, cannot understand my "issues" and can eat Hungry Mans with abandon)

Is this comparable to anyone else's? Or am I just a big BIG spender? There's only three of us....
Closed Thread