General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:26 PM   #1  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Smile Spring Plan: April is the new January...

or at least that is what Oprah says. Spring is the time for new beginnings and a fresh approach. A lot of people start their get fit plans as a New Year's Resolution, now is an opportunity to renew your commitment to those resolutions or make new ones if you need to. Whatever your plan you're welcome to join us here.

Last edited by ledom; 03-09-2005 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 AM   #2  

Ledom, hey is this our new board. I love it. a neat name. lets swing into spring with a BLAST..... i am ready for that. hope your day is going good. not been up to long but so far good. ha ha
Old 03-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #3  

Default Good morning!

Thanks Ledom! This is great. SPRING PLAN!!

Well, I am happy to report the scale obliged by moving ONE pound down. So that makes it 12 pounds since Feb. 1 GONE!!! I went to the store and tried clothes on yesterday and it is one size less. I have still about 2 more sizes down to get into in my closet so I don't plan to buy anything for awhile. I will be so happy to be able to shop in the normal section of the store and not in the section...I can't even remember when that was...sometime in the 80's, I think.

Enjoy the day Ledom, Alice and LaDean!
Old 03-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #4  

Hi, yes i love this SPRING PLAN..... i am ready to lose some wt. got about 10 i want to lose. then i am my 7 below my goal. so today so far good. have already had my carbs for day. wanted to get them in early. so now have to have none rest of day.. i will get some exercise in. warm now they say maybe rain. but hoping not. hubby has been out spraying all day.. got a flower bed all done up and ready to plant. i may put some dalias in there. but is shaded with a apple tree so may get something else. we love petunias.. my roses are looking so good. love this weather. I am glad all is going so good your way. so proud of you . i am glad your on atkins to. its the plan for me for sure.. i started last july and reached my goal end of year. now trying to stick to it. ha having a time adding my carbs. read today on a board that theres was low. so cutting back. also watching portions and calories little bit more. putting it on fitday and that is helping me. i see how many. ha ha i did get into the pepsi little bit and i know that is what it is. got to get the diet. ha ha

aleka and ledom hope all is going good your way.
HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL OF YOU..... LaDean
Old 03-10-2005, 08:10 AM   #5  
Chick

Good morning, I am ending my detox diet today and starting something new. I copied off Oprah's bootcamp diet from her website. I'm in a weird place with diet right now, switching around so, but - it (Oprah's diet) looks like something I can believe in which is a first step anyway. If I can stick with it remains to be seen. Results of detox, I didn't weigh as it wasn't about weight loss so much as just getting detoxed. My complexion looks great though, better than in a long time. It got me off the white stuff as Oprah puts it so I have a start there. Last night I bought the smallest George Foreman Grill, only $12. I've never had one and I thought I'd give it a try as lean protein is a big part of this diet. I had burnt out on grilled chicken breast for a while but I think I'm ready to go back to it. I'm also going to make this today - you can eat all of it you want. Hope I like it.

Oprah’s Cabbage Soup Recipe

6 Large Green Onions
2 Green Peppers
1-2 Cans Diced Tomatoes
1 Bunch Celery
1 Package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
1-2 Cubes of Bouillion (if desired)
1 head cabbage

Cut vegetables into small pieces and cover with water. (V-8 juice and water can be used).

Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue cooking until vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt, pepper,parsley, etc. .

I am pretty disgusted with myself at the moment, but glad to have a plan of action so we shall see.

judi - 12 lbs. in the last month, congratulations!!!

LaDean - your gardens are going to be great. The pansies and violas I planted over the winter are so lovely right now.

Alice - what's up with you girlfriend? You've been awfully quiet lately!

Last edited by ledom; 03-10-2005 at 08:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:08 AM   #6  
Chick

Since you guys are all dog lovers, check this out.

http://www.gone2thedogs.com/

click on link on the right "what dog are you"

after you finish question 10, press next question, don't close the window immediately after you get your answer because a picture of the dog you are will appear in a minute
Old 03-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #7  

Ledom. oh how cute. ha ha ha thanks for sharing. oh glad your first plan went good and helped. i changed alot of plans to. we have to i think to really find that right one for us. i may change also. who knows. i get bored with one for to long of time and its not working then its time to change. my thinking. i have been gaining some on this atkins plan. i been cutting down on carbs but not helping. so i just may go to something else. tryed lowering carbs and just kinda getting disgusted. so who knows. good luck on the plan. sounds good the cabbage soup. i have a book of hers and i like it.

aleka, hey girl where you been. missing you and lacee. hope all is going good and your just busy one.

esteban, hey glad atkins is working for you. go girl your doing great. i did to. then all of a sudden its gaining. so will give it awhile. have a good day all of you. LaDean
Old 03-10-2005, 06:26 PM   #8  

Default what kind of dog were you all?

THat was so cute Ledom...I am a Lapland Spitz...I should be kept out in the kennel it said...oh well

Thanks for the recipe Ledom. Good for you for going thru detox. I know we are glad we are off the whites...the odd time I wistfully think about my homemade French bread but then remember how lacking energy I felt and how defeated with no hope about my wieght...it pulls me out of wistful longing pretty fast. At least now though the road is long and slow BUT I am not without hope.

It is good to have a new plan. Shake things up...surprise your body

We are having record warmth here this spring. DH and I went for a walk on a new golf course they are building here that overlooks the ocean. What a nice day it was.

LaDean I bet your garden is nice. I am looking forward to the garden this year. Your pansies and viloas must be wonderful Ledom, it is always so uplifting to see the first flowers in spring.

Those little grills are handy, I have a small one and like it.

Alice what are you up to?

I made a low carb savoury muffin for breakfast the last two mornings.

5-6 large eggs
1/2 cup or so cheddar or mozza. cheese shredded
as much bacon or sausage (cooked) bits as you want (I used about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup Atkins bake mix
pizza spice (how much you like)

Give it a whirl in the food processer. Pour it into Pam sprayed muffin tins. I use Pam sprayed paper cups in the tin. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. It makes 6 medium savory muffins. I think they are about 1 or 1.5 Carbs per muffin. They are really good. The DH loved them and it sees like you are eating a regular muffins. I have made them with sausage and mozza and bacon and cheddar.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:27 PM   #9  

Hi, i was a great dane.ha ha i guess so ha ha having a good day. closer to my leeway. lost 3/4 lbs this week. so guess that is good as closer and all. hot and warm here today. hubby is working in yard and all. my hands are flared up with my psorasis so cannot do much. hope by garden season theya re well again. its something i can live with. so try to not complain to much. ha ha just went to store and got some things for my plan. starting today with it. I am so glad everyone is doing good on there plans. hey i read oprah's book yesterday and went to her site. very interesting. i found where i started a journal on there when i started my atkins july. forgot about it. ha

aleka, hey girl are you running around/??? i hope so and that you and lacee are ok//

Esteban, so glad the atkins plan is working for you. i am watching my fats and calories now with it. starting this week. maintaining so need to be good. your doing great good for you

I WISH YOU ALL A GREAT DAY AND WEEKEND.... LaDean woofffff lacee and meowwww to all the kitties. ha
Old 03-15-2005, 10:36 AM   #10  
Chick

I am a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever - I never heard of this dog but when I saw its picture it was like looking at a kindred spirit.

My juicer came. I made juice w/ 2 carrots and a granny smith apple - the most fresh, most divine thing I have ever tasted. I love the juicer.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #11  

Hi, your juice sounds good. i have never had one. i bet they are nice. something to think about.

where are aleka and esteban... ok i hope...

Hope everyone has a good day. LaDean
Old 03-16-2005, 08:40 AM   #12  

Hello everyone,

This is a great name for the new thread. I would say Oprah is right!

I've been MIA lately. I just haven't been doing very well in the diet and exercise dept., so I didn't have much to say. I seem to have stayed at my 5 lb. loss, getting nowhere fast. So, I've recommitted myself. I bought a couple of new exercise videos, T-Tapp, which arrived yesterday. One of the sites I frequent, someone posted that there is supposed to be an article in this Sun. Parade Magazine about it.

ledom, glad that your detox went well. Good for you! That dog site is really neat. I took the test and I'm a Bichon Bolognese. Never heard of that breed before. I looked at the eating plan of Oprah's boot camp. I couldn't do it because I think I would miss cereal too much in the morning. Unless I could find an alternative to eggs. Glad you like your juicer. I bet fresh juice is really delicious without all the added sugar that you get in bottled juices. You will absolutely love your GF grill. DH & I have had 2 of them. We now have a grill that you can take the grids off to clean them. It's funny, now that we're in FL we hardly ever use it. We can use the outside grill more often than we could up north.

LaDean, congratulations on your weight loss. You're doing great!! I have a girlfriend who has psoriasis. She got something from the drug store, can't remember the name, many years ago and it has worked wonders for her. It was even starting to get in her ears. Today you would never know she has it. Lacee says Woof!

judi, congratulations to you also on your weight loss!! Atkins really agrees with you. I really wish I could find something that motivated me as much as Atkins motivates you. Glad that you're having some warm weather. It's been rather chilly here, but it has started to warm up nicely. It has been humid these past couple of days. We're under the gun for some T/storms these next couple of days.

I can't remember if I mentioned that former neighbors of ours' in NH have bought a place not too far from us, and who winter down here. They got in touch with us a month or so ago and we've been out and about together. It's really nice. They live in an over 55 community, that has a swimming pool, hot tub, and a lot of other ammenities. They're community abutts a river, where people can moor their boats. They invited us over last week. We went down to the dock and saw quite a few Manatees swimming about. I had never seen a Manatee before. Then we went out to dinner and they invited us back to use the swimming pool and hot tub. It was chilly that night, but the hot tub sure felt good. It seemed so nice sitting in a hot tub in the middle of March when all of our friends up north were shoveling snow!! HEH..HEH..HEH. We're having dinner with them again tonight.

I guess I did have something to say after all!

Enjoy your day.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:13 AM   #13  

Aleka, so good your back. you will find that plan for you. sometimes we just need a rest from it all i think. so just hang it there it will come. woof to lacee to. i miss tuffy so much still. but just got memories and lots of them keep me going. thanks i am having a problem now have gained 4 lbs back. makes me so mad. but i got to thinking the atkins has been good to me i reached goal with it. but i believe also you have to change plans to. so i am in that thinking period now a change. ha so trying to find it. i also took look at oprah and just undecided... then the zone and also the south beach again. so may just take all of them and the atkins and make one for me. ha oh your friends and doing things with them sound so fun. so happy for you.. we need that hubby and i. being retired and all. ha just someone to go and do with. ha oh the hot tub sound so neat and the pool. well have a good day..

To all together makes it fun any plan we chose to do. thanks for being here. LaDean
Old 03-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #14  

Default Sat. morning

Itsa me Judi...stuck on a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three pounds all week...I hope they will down on Tues. weigh day. I don't know if it is a real plateau or not...could be because I am at about 30-40 carbs a day instead of Induction 20. I always try for 20 but since I found low carb bread at Costco 5 carbs per slice and low carb p. butter I have been having it and I also have had a few fruits in the last week...now I have a desire for an apple or orange like I used to have for a hot fudge sundae...it sees like a glorious forbidden thing, hot fudge doesn't tempt me anymore but an apple sure does.

One good thing is I am wearing a pair of pants that I bought in Houston 3-4 years ago..even then I could not do up the inside button on them but I can now

I know I will have to low carb all my life but I WISH I could sneak a bit more fruit in and still keep losing wieght.

You saw a mantee Alice!! That is so amazing! I would love to see one. The place you describe sounds lovely.

Every day Ledom you are getting closer and closer to your sabbatical, that is wonderful...I bet you are looking forward to it.

I spent the last few days reading the book "All Over but the Shouting" by Rick Bragg. It was so good...my DH is reading it now.

Alice, you will hit on the right plan for you...you have been doing so good though for so long...always dieting and exercising. It is inspiring to read your posts and know how consistent you have been.

I miss my vegetarian days...if I ever lose this weight I will try to go back to them. I guess I will always have to eat fish. Eating the meat really grosses me out. I am always trying to buy things already cooked so I don't have to cook it, which is both inconvenient and expensive. Plus, I always keep seeing sad animal eyes in my mind. I feel very guilty that I let myself be a blob and now am eating animals because it helps me lose it even though I feel WAY better physically than when I was eating carbs and wheat gluten posing as meat.

We went to a cat show last weekend. Was it ever good!! We watched the judging of the Maine Coon and the longhaired breeds. Wow! The Maine Coon what a HUGE cat! Bigger than my Lhasa Apso. It was the first time we saw one in the flesh. Very neat though.

How are your cats Ledom? Our two have become "wary" pals and follow each other about.

What carb level are you at now LaDean? Did you decide on another plan? Sorry to hear you are missing Tuffy. You can always remember you gave Tuffy a wonderful life.

Has Lacee adjusted to Florida, Alice? I know sometimes when we are travelling I would see a look on Marley's face that would seem to say "Where the heck are we...and what is this place???"

I had a little hill in my yard that was an eyesore planted in St. John's Wort so I am feeling better about my yard. It was a real incline and if it was left to my DH and myself it would have never been done. I just had a garden crew come in and do it. What a diff. it made to the look of the place!! Did I tell you that I went to a gardening course?? All it did was make dissatisfied with my garden and showed me that I am too lazy to be a really good gardener

That is all the news here. We are in for a bit of rain but that is good...my new hill of plants will be watered everyday automatically
Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 PM   #15  

Hi, well i did what you did. i started adding few carbs like fruits and all. well uppppppp the scales went like 4 lbs i am up. so disgusted .ha i know i gain when eating fruit. but i hate meats so started the atkins so i could learn to eat more protein and it makes us have a filling tummy. so this helped i reached my goal and all. so happy. but then if i jsut add a little bit then upppppp they go. i just cannot seem to get that amt for me going. ha ha so i know we cannot stay at 20 and introduction for ever as that is not good. suppose to build them up and all. so this week i think i will go up to 25 maybe right in between and see what goes on. i am the same way about meats there just not my thing. i love fruit. but seems to me that is not going to work. ha they say eat the berries. so i am going to get some of those and see how that goes. i need to get strick again to. have been snitching the breads and all. also i learned couple weeks ago we have to be careful with portions. so i guess i been eating to large of them. so cutting down all around. good luck. together we will do this.. so this week its 25 carbs for me...

aleka, oh i love seeing the picture of lacee. i am on 2 yahoo boards with bostons. 3 batches of little ones and has pictures of all the ones they have and all. i love it. just found it after i loss tuffy. so i got some of him on there and also going to get one and a gal is going to put it on rainbow bridges in memory of the little babies. so happy about that to.. so these 2 boards have helped me so very much... I am glad your plan is working for you and your doing so good. keep it up

Ledom.... hey girl you go. your doing great and sounds like your always having so much fun. guess that is being young again. ha ha i do have some retired and all. get to do what i want and we both have good health so that is good. enjoy your cats i know there so precious and fun... all little ones are to us.

well hey all of you have a GOOD WEEKEND NOW. we will work together on our plans and sharing them and our little ones helps me so much... thanks for being there for me.
LaDean
Closed Thread