Old 03-06-2005, 08:24 AM   #1  

Default LCFS Week of March 6th - 13th

Hi everyone,

We had company yesterday afternoon. Our former neighbors in NH, who bought a place near us dropped by. Had a really nice visit.

Lynn, I can just picture you and Cooper on your run. Lacee is hardly any better on a leash, at least she doesn't pull me when she runs. She's light enough that she snaps back when she comes to the end of the leash. Yes, she does wear a harness, otherwise she'd have strangled herself by now. How did your shopping go? Did you manage to lose your DH for a while?

Nikki, good luck tomorrow on your interview. There could be more to the job than they advertised in the paper. Hope it's something you'll like. Thank you for doing a search on the Monk Parakeets. I never would've thought to do that. What you found out is very interesting. I do have a book, Birds of FL field guide. The author said the Monk Parakeet originally came from Argentina. The only American Parakeet was the Carolina Parakeet, which is extinct. He went on to say that all parakeets in FL now are pets that have escaped or have been let loose.

Anne, how is your weekend going? Hope you had some warm temps yesterday to enjoy the outdoors.

Have a great day everyone.
Bye for now,
Ali
Old 03-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #2  

Good Morning All: Had a great day yesterday ansd yes I lost him for almost an hour it was a nice day than we had lunch out came home and walked the dogs than went to our friends and had a nice visit. DD has known them since she was 4 so allways enjoys catching up with them. Than came the night from ****. The dippy neighbour let her dogs out to run at 2:05 than at 4 she starts calling and whistling etc. for them. I was awake since my dogs started and Till I let cooper out at 6. Slept than until 8:30. Thank God they are moving soon but the by law officer will still be getting a call . DD is going to leave around noon to get home and get some work done before work tomorrow. It has been so nice having her here. We are off to GTA tomorrow for Dr. appointments, will be emailing you. Don't know when we will be back. It is going to be in the high 30's tomorrow, maybe spring is around the corner. Well must get going, will be back later
Old 03-06-2005, 01:11 PM   #3  

Good Morning
DD is now staying here until she can move into her new apartment. That was too big.
Anyway, last night, she slept in the camper and it worked out pretty good. Our house is little and the more people that are in it, the harder it is for DH to sleep in the day time. The high today will be 70 it is fabulous out there and I'm going to get some cleaning done in the flower beds. After today, they say it will return to the 20's at night and she will probably have to sleep in the exercise room. DH is not happy, but he is understanding about this. I'm hoping every thing goes smoothly with the move.

Lynn, I'm glad your daughter was with you this weekend and that you had a nice visit. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and hope you have a safe trip.
That must be a relief that the neighbors are moving.

Ali, I decided to do a search because I wanted to see what the parakeets looked like. They aren't that spectacular are they?

Hi Anne, hope your weekend is going well and that your getting some much deserved rest.

Well, got to go get some sun and do some fun stuff in the yard. Take care, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 03-06-2005 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:42 PM   #4  

Lynn, I'm glad that you had a good visit with your DD and a good day shopping. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

Ali
Old 03-07-2005, 12:26 PM   #5  

Good Morning,
I went for the job interview and I really don't think I'd want the job. It's removing buds from mum plants. It will last for a few months. Can you imagine, removing mum buds for months on end, every day for 8 hours a day. Then, you have no work in June and July and then you start doing more mums. I figured out how much I"d make in a month and after taxes and my gas for traveling there and back, it would be around $500. Although it would be easy work and it would be so much nicer than working on a locked psychiatric ward, I decided I have too much going on. If I wanted to, I could get a job at Walmart here in town and not have to deal with the driving and deer jumping out in front of me and make that kind of money.
Then when I was leaving, I mentioned to the secretary that I had one of the plants that she had on display, but I couldn't get mine to bloom. She said which one and I couldn't think of the name-it was an orchid. I said this one, it's so pretty. She said, it's plastic. Well, that was embarrassing. It looked real to me from 2 feet away though
So, that's what happened. Guess I'll keep looking. Talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 03-07-2005, 01:20 PM   #6  

Hello everyone!
It is another gorgeous day here, but it's our last for a while. We're supposed to start getting rain sometime overnight and have off and on showers for the rest of the week.

Nikki, that does sound like a boring job. I wouldn't want to do that either 8 hrs. a day. I see your tracker is down another 2 lbs. Congragulations!!! You really are doing fabulous!!!

Hi Anne & Lynn,

Catch y'all later.
Ali
Old 03-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #7  

Good morning All: What awful driving weather yesterday. About 50 miles away from here on our way back after driving in torrental rain down and back the wipers appeared to not be working. Well I started *****ing about the car and whinning about paying thousands of bucks for a new car and the friggin wippers don't even work. We turned into town and DH tells me to look closer and than I realized ice was building up!!!! We made it home just in time. Everything is covered in ice. The dog and I had a fun time at 6 this morning!!!!! even she didn't want to walk far. Congrat's Nikki Have you all figured out I LOVE those dancing things, they are my favorite!!! I love when you ladies give me a reason to use them!!! The job doesn't sound like you Nikki. Oh just heard that a Wallmart in Ontario is now trying to unionize. It will be interesting on the out come. It is in Windsor a Huge union city, just maybe Wallmart have met their match. Well I guess that's it for now. As you know up here in the boonies I have dial up and I am waiting for a coupe of calls. Will be back later

Old 03-09-2005, 07:21 AM   #8  

Hello Ladies!!!
As you might have guessed I am once again swamped with work. My co worker has been off sick and is useless except to drive me
nuts.
We are under the deep freeze. It is horrible out. Aleka, thinking of your
beautiful weather today Lynn, doesn't this weather get you
down, enough already!!!!!

My whole family (except me) has been sick with colds, flu, you name it.
I am exhausted

Nikki, you are smart to pass up this job. Wait until you find one that makes
sense in all ways.

Talk to you all later. Time to slave.
Anne.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #9  

Good Morning
Anne, I wonder about that she sure does seem to match her picture It's a good thing you've been takinig care of your body, eating better and all. Take extra good care. I've read lots of good about taking euchinacea for a few weeks when your either caring for sick family or are starting to get sick yourself. Plus, try drink some green tea every day. Antioxidants sure can't hurt.
We are getting alittle cold here, but it's still nice out. The trees are budding, the bulbs are sending up leaves, there are robins every where now and all the birds are singing every morning loudly. It won't be long before it's up your way too.

Lynn, sounds like you did make it home just in time. What lousy weather. I hadn't heard about that Walmart yet. I suppose if they try to close it, it will be on all the news then. My youngest DD is now trying to get a job at our Walmart. She said that they are going to hire someone for the eye exam department in a month. After she told me about it, I wanted to apply, but decided I won't because I'm afraid if I got the job, she would be upset. We both talked about how hard it is to get jobs around here anymore. It use to be, you'd apply and then you'd almost always get offered the job. Now, there are so many people out of work, even the smallest, worst paying and hardest jobs are hard to get. Reminds me of the recession back in the 70's and 80's.

Ali, hope your weather is nicer today. Is spring time one of the stormer times for Florida? We had a little bit of a thunder storm the other day. The first one of the year is always kind of welcome, because it means that warm weather is back, then after that, I don't like lightening or thunder anymore.

Guess I'll finish up on the computer and then exercise, talk to you all later, Nikki
Old 03-09-2005, 08:24 AM   #10  

Good morning,

We had rain all yesterday morning, but by the afternoon the sun came out. It was rather breezy which made things a little cool. We're supposed to get off and on showers for the next few days.

Anne, that's a shame you can't enjoy your job when you go into work. Hopefully when the new company takes over the hospital, they'll transfer , get rid of her altogether, or if not, they'll offer you early retirement.

Nikki, around May the tropical T/storms come through every afternoon around 5:00. You can almost set your clock by them. Last May when we were down here looking for a house we were in a few of them. The temp would drop about 10-15 deg., during the storm, then when it was over the temp. would go back up. You never know where they're going to hit either. Supposedly we're in spring now. I have noticed some bushes starting to bloom and I noticed a lone yellow flower, it could be a weed for all I know, OR it could be that some bird dropped a seed on its way by

Gotta go make my breakfast, take my shower, then WATP.

Bye for now,
Ali
Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #11  

Good morning Ladies For the first time since I got this new computer I was dumped in a middle of a post Anyway we woke to snow and blowing snow so as we have to go to GTA for an appointment we will be leaving early. The farmers are driving tractor on all major highways into the provincial government on a protest so because we have to use the highway because of the blowing snow we are bound to be held up. I have just finished a book that was a fun read. The author is M.C. Beaton and the series is the Agatha Raisin. There are about 10 books in the seies and they are a fun read. She is middle aged divorced and imagines herself a amature detective. Anyway a real fun read. With all the trips to the GTA I find I am reading a book a trip. Are we ever in a deep freeze!!!!! and the next few days don't look any better. Anne hope you don't get caught in the farmer's protest, they will be leaving Queen's Park about the time you get off work. Rush hour tonight will be ****. bWell I guess that's it for now. Back tomorrow. Lynn
Old 03-10-2005, 07:38 AM   #12  

Happy Thursday Folks:
Yesterday one of my co-workers told me that told her that her
job could be done by a chimp I told my co-worker she should have
replied "your job can be done by a jackass, this is obvious because they
hired you!!!!) What an insensitive

Ali, I too hope the new company gets rid of her. I can't picture when they
have the choice of managers from 16 hospitals how this will even
stand a chance of being hired.

Sorry guys, I know how rude I sound but brings out the worst in
people.

Lynn, I didn't get caught in the farmers protest thank goodness. Wasn't that
horrible about that guy setting himself on fire. I don't know what the heck
is wrong with people these days.

Nikki, another two pounds !! Good stuff!!!!

I better go....you know who may come charging in at any time.
Talk to you all later.
Anne.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:50 AM   #13  

Good morning,

The sun is shining this morning. Yesterday was awful. It was pouring buckets most of the day, and it also was raw and cold. Had the heat on most of the day. I curled up with a good book, then when I got sleepy from reading, Lacee & I burrowed underneath the covers and had a little snooze.

DH has today off and we're heading out to do grocery shopping. He has to work Sat. The last time he was scheduled on a Sat., he also had to work Sun. But, he won't know if he has to work Sun. until he goes into work tomorrow. Later this afternoon we have plans with our former neighbors in NH. They have an area in their mobile home park that the Manatees usually come in around 4:00-4:30. We're going to go and see if we can see any. Hopefully they'll choose today to appear. Afterwards we're all going out for pizza someplace.

Anne, if 's job can be done by a she should be very worried about being let go when the new management takes over. That's good news for you! How awful that man setting himself on fire. Why would anybody do that to themselves?

Lynn, why are the farmers protesting? I love a series of books, Murder She Wrote by Donald Bain & Jessica Fletcher. They're all easy reading. I will look up that author and see if I can find any of those books. Hope you got to your appt. and home safely. It sounds like you had quite a storm.

Hi Nikki

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Bye,
Ali

Old 03-10-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  

Good afternoon,
Just a quickie, I have to go help DD pack some.
Anne, that is an awful thing for to say to someone. I think I was right, she hasn't changed, she's a real mixed up
Hopefully they will give you a package and you can get the heck out of there soon.

Lynn, hope your not having to travel in that weather. We are having 50mph winds, so it feels colder than it is. I'm sure it's nothing like your experiencing. Why did that guys set himself on fire?

Ali, I would really love to see a manatee. I'm so happy your and your former/new neighbors are hitting it off.

Got to go, she's called twice since I started to write this message.Later, Nikki
Old 03-11-2005, 08:29 AM   #15  

Happy Friday Ladies,
I woke up at 12:00 midnight rubbing my feet together.(weird eh?) When this happens it is a sure sign I am nauseous and boy was I. I was throwing up and running the other way too. Thats how I look. You will be shocked but I came in to work. I will phone if it becomes too unbearable.
I know I should be home but........I told my DH don't tell my mom I am sick.
By the time I get home I bet it will be over and I'll just go straight to bed.

Hope you all have a great day. It snowing here again what can you
do?

Talk to you all later.
Anne.