South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:15 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking Tgif 02/11

Good Morning! Crankin us up this morning! I sure do miss Mamacita! I'll be back in a bit.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:28 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Holy! Only one post, and it's Bamie, to boot!

Good morning, Bamie!
I'm taking my mom (the real one) out for breakfast and then to a second hand bookstore. Hope everyone has a good day... hopefully will be back later. Hugs for all of you...
Old 02-11-2005, 07:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Bamie, and all the rest of you, too!
Nothing has been going on around here, I've been lazy and have a case of the winter blahs. It's not helping that my weight has stalled, but at least I haven't gained anything! I'll have my little ones all day today, and I'm taking them to the Mall for something to do. There's an indoor playground there, so they can run around and burm off some of their energy. It's just been too muddy to let them play outside and we're bored to death of being stuck indoors. Supper tonight is going to be a Shrimp Stir-Fry. I made chili last night, and it was awful. I was in a hurry and hungry, so I just threw it together for something fast. Jake ate it without complaining, so maybe it was just me? Well, I'd better get ready to go get the girls. See you all later!
Old 02-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning Ellis, have a nice breakfast with your Mom!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:06 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Back for a quick check in. I have to finish laundry today I didn't get very far yesterday. The color I was goin to paint the kitchen may change since i don't have as much paint as I thought I did. I had bought this paint when we bought this house but then changed my mind for where I was gonna use and used it in my hallway instead and thought I had 2 gallons left but there is only one. Soooooo I may go with a light yellow to really brighten things up in there. But not real sure because the countertops are a black marble look. Why someone would put dark countertops in a small kitchen...I'm not real sure but they did. I think I have talked DH into building me a window seat in the breakfast nook where the bay window is. Well I am off to get busy. I have to pack for my trip as well. UGH! I'll check on y'all chicks and roosters later. Play nice today! lol

Ellis...I hope you and your Mom have a good time. Don't buy out the store! lol
Cottage... Have a good time at the mall! lol
Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!

It's a gorgeous sunny morning here and the world is all blue and white and sparkling! No winter blahs here. The Girls love fresh snowe and are a delight to watch as they cavort in it. (Cavort? I don't think I've ever used that word before!) Cottage, come to whe window and take a peek! Enjoy the playtime at the Mall. Hmmm - I have some shrimp. Thanks for the dinner idea.

Bamie, thanks for starting us up. I may have missed something but who are your trainees? Are you giving elocution lessons or sumthin? (Sorry! Couldn't resist that crack.) Black countertops? What were they thinking?

Ellis, have a good morning with your real Mum. Is she still OK? And how's the kitchen today? I haven't caught a mouse in mine for a week now. Are yours all gone?

Today I plan to move the rest of the woodpile from beside the deck to onto the deck. We will be getting another two cords and I want the old wood segregated from the new wood. Watch, now that I have more wood coming, we will have an early spring and I'll be hauling it from beside the deck into the barn and *****ing all the time!

This afternoon I have to go to the bank and get the accounts switched over to new signing authorities for the Cemetery Board. Doesn't that sound exciting? I also have to walk Miss Lucy down to our bank here in town to have her apologize to Connie the Head Teller because the PITA doggie chewed up another $20 bill! (I must learn not to leave my jacket over a chair.)

What's happening chez toi today?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:24 AM   #7  

Hello All-

My paper got done yesterday (via caffeine) and the presentation went great...so once again my procrastinating ways have been reinforced!! I'm sure I will be in the same boat next week..... I am in a PhD program and have gone back after working for several years.....I definetely would have perserved my brain cells better if I had known I were to take this path! I have to plan my procrastinating to allow for the age delay!!

Bamie- I love painting walls yellow....I had a tiny 2 room apartment in NYC and painted all of the walls a light yellow, it really helped brighten it up and make it appear roomier.

I hope everyone had a great day!
Peace-
Toni
Old 02-11-2005, 08:26 AM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth.. I am a Home Interiors and Gifts consultant and I had 6 new recruits this week. They will place their first order on Monday so I have to go and show them how to do it all online. Fun Fun! lol Your on a roll this morning crackin jokes usin new words! Must be Frisky Friday for Ruth! lol
Old 02-11-2005, 08:36 AM   #9  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning all;
Ellis - Have a nice time with your mom. I love going to the book stores.
Bamie - I just painted my small kitchen a light yellow with a muted sage green trim. You can go to BEHR.com and put in color selections and get different ideas. We weren't sure what to paint the ceiling, so did that and we went with a very light purple. It turned out nice. I have been thinking of my living room next, since when this loan stuff is over I am getting a huge bay. It will be 82" wide by 58" long. Have to repaint to go with that. LOL.
Cottage - Have fun at the mall. My girls are going nuts also. It's going to be cold today, so have to find something new and fun to do. DS got a big remote control car for his b-day yesterday, so the oldest can go with him up to the emtpy parking lot to run it today. He turned 24 and has been having fun with this car. We didn't know what to get him.
Me - Been doing good OP. Have lost 3 of the 7 I had gained off program. Not much new here today either. I too have to get some laundry done. Girls fell asleep, so now I can get somethings done, but, have to be quiet. Will check back in later at nap time.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:39 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamiegurl
Must be Frisky Friday for Ruth! lol
I wish!

Thanks for the explanation, Bamie. I remember your mentionming it before but must have had a brain fart!

Toni, I'm glad you got the paper done. Yes, our ability to come through after procrastinating becomes more difficult with age. What PhD are you going for?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:56 AM   #11  

Good Morning all This is gonna be short - got work to do this morning. Hope everyone has a great day.

Oh BTW Bamie, we really should tell these Northerners that THEY are the ones with the accents. Just cause we don't enunciate our words properly all the time and leave some letters out when we spell don't mean we caint. Maybe we should send them a Southern Dictionary over yonder Whatcha think

Hope everyone has a great day on the beach. I'll check back in later

Old 02-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Yeah We don't talk funny they listen funny! ROTFL!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #13  
hottie in training

hello all,
i think i did pretty well yesterday! yay! let me know what you think-
breakfast-ok this was a no, no, but I had some Life cereal. I did not feel good and wasn't going to eat at all, but then i took my BC pill and if i do not eat w/that, I get nauseated and i ran out of time.
lunch-chicken breast salad (chicken breast, lettuce, portobella mushrooms, ranch dressing - small amount)
snack-peanuts
snack-half a carb options bar - question- are those allowed? it says 2 g net carbs but on the back it has 27 g carb and most are from "sugar alcohol." It wasn't that good anyway, which is why i only ate half of it.
dinner-chicken salad again (not planned, just turned out that way) with bleu cheese drsg. this one had tomatoes and a small amount of carrots on it as well. FI had chick-fil-a sandwhiches and waffle fries (mmmmmm)
snack-oatmeal (real, not instant) with cinnamon

come on, whatdaya think? I know it is not perfect but it is better than i was the last two days!
Old 02-11-2005, 09:44 AM   #14  
i luv my dog!

Good morning all,

Just wanted to report a case of the winter blahs in this corner. Can I share your beach blanket? How much longer 'til spring?

Like several others, I seem to be stuck at this weight. I think I might try a spell of SBD w/counting calories and see if that will break me free! (after Valentines Day, that is )

Does anyone else hate that e-diets ad on the right side of the page, "drop a jeans size..." with the woman pointing her derriere right at us. It really annoys me.

The teenage boy next door is blasting his music and his parents haven't even finished pulling out of the driveway yet. I hope this isn't an indication of the weekend to come.

A hearty Welcome to our new Roosters, and Hello to the rest of the Chicks yet to peck in.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 02-11-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #15  
hottie in training

a broad abroad- I HATE THOSE ADS TOO! they are so annoying. I hate those, and those "get a date" ads in Hotmail.
Closed Thread