South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #1  

Unhappy I gained weight....

I gained 2 lbs this week, and i havent cheated. I have been really really stressed, but I have been exercising and eating everything I am allowed to eat. This week has been **** on me so far, and then to find out i gained weight isnt helping the stress level for me. My typical menu:

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and crumbled turkey bacon. Fresh strawberries or blueberries and milk
snack- string cheese or cucumber slices
Lunch- Salad with Oil and vinegar and chicken breast OR whole wheat tortilla with turkey breast, cheese and bean sprouts (tortilla I limit to 2 times a week)
snack- string cheese or peanuts
Dinner- Taco soup or grilled chicken, spinach, broccoli, or salad.
dessert- Jello or sf fudgesicle.

I drink ALOT of water, usually about 120 ounces a day. Could stress really be affecting my body and metabolism that much? Any help would be great...
Old 02-08-2005, 07:05 PM   #2  

Your menu looks fine. Could it be TOM. I gain about 4 pounds a few days before it arrives. Are you close to your goal weight or in weeks 3-4 as your weight loss slows down about then. If I eat something really salty I retain water and bloat up but if I drink a lot of water it drops off in a day or two. Also just check your portion sizes. I aim for 1000-1500 calories per day.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:12 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Have you taken your measurements. Fat weighs less than muscle. Funny how it weighs less but makes you bigger! Kind of like cotton candy! lol A lil humor to try n cheer you up! I'm sure other chicks will have ideas for you. Hang in there and don't give up it could be a wild weigh in! Hang in and keep checkin in to keep us updated! :-)
Old 02-08-2005, 09:23 PM   #4  

Your eating looks great.. I do really empathise with the adding on weight while eating well... sucks hey! But stick at it. You sould like you are doing just great, get that water going like you have been, do some exercise and it will pay off. Take your measurements and see how you are going... are your clothes fitting more comfortably? I know with my period that I typically gain during that week despite my best efforts, but it comes off easily the next week.

Keep your chin up.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Stardust, I'm not seeing a lot of veggies. Could you eat some veggies with at least one of your snacks each day and add at least a cup of veggies to your lunch when you have a wrap? Also, there is not a lot of variety...that would help you feel better even if you aren't losing.

If you are exercising, it could be muscle, so checking your fat percentage will help you get a more realistic picture of what's going on inside.

I know this is frustrating, and I'm sorry about your stress level. Would a hug help?
Old 02-09-2005, 05:54 PM   #6  

Thank you Ladies for all your help and advice. My clothes have been getting a little loose, so maybe it is muscle gain since I am working out more and more since I have been stressed. I am sticking with everything, and trying to get more variety in my diet, but i am a picky eater so that doesnt work very well with me. Thank you ladies for the help, Its wonderful to be able to come here and get such great support.
Old 02-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #7  

Hang in there!
Closed Thread