South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:26 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - February 9

Good morning. Just starting us up.

I have to get Harry cranked up earlier this morning as we go for fasting bloodwork. We will go out for breakfast afterwards. In the meantime, I want to sneak in a coffee and feed and cuddle The Girls.

I'll be back later. Repeats to Self: No home fries!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:32 AM   #2  

Good Morning Ladies!

I am off for an early start for today. I have a meeting at our district office this afternoon. I am trying to get things ready for the substitute that will take over while I am away on our anniversary trip. I am excited to get away and spend time with DH relaxing.

I hope all is well with everyone. Have a wonderful OP day!

Nally
Old 02-09-2005, 07:46 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Mornin Chickies! Where's Mamacita? Is she up and out for blood already this mornin? lol

Ruth... No home fries! lol Cuddle cuddle! And we wonder why they are so spoiled! lol

Nally... I bet y'all will have such a wonderful time on your lil get away! Enjoy and have a good time. Don't worry about anything while you are gone! (blood test)

Me... I have an eye appt. to check my new contacts that I can't see out of half the time. Sometimes I can see fine other times everything is very blurry! This is the third pair I have tried and it is lookin like I will not be able to wear them! Still workin on that wretched kitchen! Oh my goodness what a mess. Hopefully it will not be toooo much longer. Atleast when we get ready to gut it in a few years for new cabinets and all this will be one less thing we have to do then! lol To all who have pecked in while I have been peckin Good Morning! Have a great day all!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 157/157/140

Height: 5'8"

Morning ladies!

I usually don't have time anymore in the morning for the computer but I must have moved a bit faster this a.m..

I gained 3 pounds over the w/e....it was the evil beer that I couldn't resist. Oh well, life goes on!

Ds popped his first tooth through yesterday. I was sooo excited!! I was the first one to notice it and he was with SIL all day. Usually they are telling me of his accomplishments(even though I have told them I don't want to know if they witness a milestone). He slept much better last night...what a relief.

Time to fix my eggs and wake up ds to start the day.

Happy Hump Day!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #5  
Learning to love ME!

Good morning! This is my first day on SBD. I'm following Phase II because I'm still breastfeeding my almost 1 year old (he'll be 1 next week!). I can't wait to get to know all of you. Nat, how old is your son?

Hope you all have great days!
Old 02-09-2005, 07:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Nat, a tooth! That so sweet.

Bamie, good luck with the contacts AND the kitchen!!
DH must have stayed up late last night "mudding", because when I came down this morning, two more walls were freshly smooth. We're getting closer to the painting stage!

Nally, you must be so excited about your trip!!

Ruth, tell them NOT to put the fries on your plate! It's the only way... you KNOW you'll eat them if they're there. I don't want to see you back in the twos. (with me. sob)

I have a day to myself today, and BOY, do I DESERVE IT!! I'm going to catch up on laundry, and maybe sand the old cabinets over the sink pre-painting.

Have a great day, girls!! (sorry... and guys...)
Old 02-09-2005, 08:05 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Sorry, Darlene... I missed your post... good morning, and good luck today!
I LOVED breastfeeding my babies. I breastfed my daughter exclusively (no food) for a year, and my son (NOT exclusively... he was a big boy) for two years.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:41 AM   #8  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Well, I have yet to catch up on yesterday's goings on but will post today. I have lost another pound.. Woohoo!! I've lost 10 now!! I've been dying to get that last pound, I have that "I can do this now feeling." Something about getting to that 10 pound mark.

Nat~ how exciting! How old is ds. My baby just turned 1 last week. He has 6 teeth. Has had them since October.

Ruth~Home fries? YUM. Stay strong, you can resist!

Nally~I am envious. I would LOVE to get away with dh for a weekend. Just a weekend. Don't worry about anything while you're gone. Enjoy the time alone.

Bamie~ Have you tried the Focus Day & Night contacts? I LOVE those! You can wear them for 30 days & 30nights before having to change them. GL with getting some that you're able to wear.

Gypsy~Good Morning.

Ellis~Enjoy the day to yourself. I think i'd go shopping....if we didnt have 4inches of snow on the ground.

Me~Probably housework. It's well overdue. Other than that the usual, baby (he's cranky this morning), run errands, then relax!! I have a movie that i'd like to watch today. We shall see if it happens.

Have a Great OP Day!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

Ellis... I have to get out of the habit of hey chicks only as well! I guess it will be good morning chicks and roosters! lol I doubt they would like being refered to as dudechicks! lol Just kiddin guys! We are glad to have ya!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 AM   #10  

Good Morning Ladies Still trying to get a move on.

Bamie, Ellis and whoever else is remodeling ~ did I miss something? Is there a pre-requisite to post with you guys? Ya know - like you must be remodeling - painting - sanding - tearing up - SOMETHING to be in this group?? You ladies sure do stay busy.

Ruth ~ Touch the homefries and die girlie

Nally ~ Hope you have a great time on your trip.

Bamie ~ Maybe all the dust in your house from the remodeling is bothering your contacts? If I'm in a really dry environment (or if I sleep in mine) they get that blurry thing going on too.

Nat ~ Congrats on the tooth I remember Rayney's first tooth. Actually, she popped three at the same time. The teething was NOT joyous , but the actual event was .
BEER???????????!!!!!!!!!!! Bad idea

Gypsy ~ WELCOME TO THE BEACH . You will find LOTS of support here. I love the BEACH

Ellis ~ What I wouldn't give for a day all by myself. Seems like I always have somewhere to go, something to do, or someone to take care of. AAARRRRGGGG and they say it's nice to feel needed

Well, better bounce on outta here. Work to do.

I'll check in later - you all have a great day one the Beach
Old 02-09-2005, 08:45 AM   #11  

Amber ~ Was postiing while you were ~ Good Morning
Old 02-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #12  
A Lily from my yard!

Amber... I have not tried the extended wear. Right now I am just tryin to find a pair I can see with! lol
Kelly...I just got this pair Friday and was gone all w-end so I know it was the stinkin contacts. I have astigmatisim in both eyes and so it is hard to wear contacts for some people. The new ones almost act like there is not enough weight on them and they turn on my eye. With my vision it is side to side and up and down so the contacts have weights on them to keep them straight on your eyes. If that makes any sence to you! lol I wish DH would just come up off that hip pocket and let me get lasik and then I wouldn't have to fool with all this mess! lol Oh and yes you should really start tearin up something in your house! lol Just kiddin! But it seems like kitchen projects are the in thing right now! lol
Old 02-09-2005, 08:56 AM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

I have an astigmatism as well but don't require weights. Goodness, I hope you find something that will work. I despise wearing my glasses. I want Lasix sooo bad but they wont' do me yet. I have to wait until my prescription doesn't change for 2yrs. Ya, right. It changes every 6mos! GL with finding something. I would give these a whirl. I love them!
Old 02-09-2005, 08:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm a little later than usual today, I was sitting out on the patio enjoying my coffee after getting back from Curves. We've been having a string of balmy spring-like temps for several days now, and it feels soooo good! Today should be the last of it for a while though. It's supposed to snow tomorrow. Ash Wednesday! Now I REALLY don't have any excuses for not staying OP! We always fast during Lent (3 light meals a day), and have fish on Fridays, so I should see some real progress now. Did anyone see the news yesterday about a new "cookie" diet that is supposed to be the lastest rage? You eat these specially made cookies all day with one very light meal and they claim you can lose 15-20 lbs a month! Doesn't sound like a very sensible way of eating to me!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:09 AM   #15  
A Lily from my yard!

Amber... I had to wait as well and this past June was 2 yrs no change! WooHoo! I was 26 or 27 before I started wearing glasses and had very rapid vision change until 2 years ago when I was 34. I hate wearin my glasses as well. Especially the new pair I got over the summer. They are about to wear me out and that is why I am tryin to wear contacts again! lol DD has no problems at all with hers. But her vision problem is not the same as mine either.

Cottage... A cookie diet! Oh my dreams are coming true! lol Paleaze! They wear me out with all this stuff. Eatin junk like cookies is what got us into this mess. lol
Closed Thread