South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 05:55 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Hump Day Chat - February 23

Good morning! It's still dark outside so I can't tell if it's still snowing but I did hear the plough go by! It sure is winter out there.

I need to get an early start this morning because it's garbage pickup and I have to put together a huge bag of antique meat from the freezer. (It'll kill The Girls to see me throw out MEAT! ) I'm off to physio for 9:30, will drop in at the Clinic with Hersh to see the clients who miss her and get the mail and paper. I hope to be back here by 11 because Margo is coming for lunch and should be here by then. I'm looking forward to visiting with her without the chaos of the rest of the crew!

So that's the plan. What's happening at your place?
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 AM   #2  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning Ruth;
Sounds like you have a busy morning. Careful in that snow. Enjoy your lunch.
Me; just have to make some phone calls, didn't make the date with gym, so going to at least go and get on the treadmill today. First day yesterday was good OP. Doing the Dave Ramsey as a couple of people on here suggested. Going to finanical planner tomorrow, and waiting for book to arrive to learn what to do. Aren't sure what the first step is or how to go about beginning. Just gathering all the balances together.
Well, off to get ready for GD's. Have to get breakfast ready. Will cruise by later.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Quick drive by for me. DH somehow lost his car key at work yesterday so I have to take him this morning. By the time I get back it will be almost time for my MIL to be here I am takin her to the eye doctor this morning. DH wanted to get up and go abd me be back before the kids got up but he overslept! Lucky me! lol Gotta jet DS didn't turn his alarm off and he is in the shower!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:41 AM   #4  

Good Morning everyone!

Hope everyone slept well last night. I know I did, out like a light! And I did wake up to the snow plow as well, ugh. But at least the sun is poking his head out, melting everything.
I hope everyone has a good day. Tonight is the full moon...never know what your day or evening will bring!
Sherry
Old 02-23-2005, 07:42 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hey! It's sunny but frassing freezing out there. I did the garbage move and came in to another hot coffee. Lucy came in and sat in front of me with a paw in the air asking me to hold it to warm it up. When my Girls get cold, it's cold!

Have a super day, Chickies.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:46 AM   #6  
i luv my dog!

Good Morning everyone. It snowed all day yesterday and I saw a car in the ditch lying on its roof. Today the sun is trying to shine through the haze so some of it is melting. I am SO ready for Spring!!

DH is doing Atkins right now so last night he made a pot of gulasch soup and put it in the slow cooker so he could take it to work with him this morning. The house smells tasty and the dog has permanently camped out in the kitchen, hoping, wishing, begging. I tasted some and its good, but too fatty so I will be sticking with my homemade chicken soup and Brussels sprouts for today.

Today will be housework, pilates and later on TV my weekly show, You Are What You Eat. Have a good on-plan day.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 02-23-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:27 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Just popping back in before I jet. I can't believe Bush did that but I'm sure it's true. How awfully undignified!

Most of us are under snow so we are counting on The Southern Chicks to convince us that SPRING is really coming!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Whoops! the Bush article is gone. Did you delete it?
Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #9  

Hey All,

Popping in for a quick check in.

Ruth ~ I feel obligated to tell you that spring really IS coming. My flower bed in the backyard has tulips, crocus, lillies, daffodils and hyacinth in it. Also Aster and one really BIG thingie in the middle that I can't remember the name of right this minute . Anyway, EVERYTHING is poking through my pine straw. I really hope it doesn't get cold again. I know they'll probably be alright if I cover them, but I just wish it would get warm and STAY that way. We are 45 degrees one day and 70 the next here in N.C. lately. I guess that's why everyone is sick around here.

Kellie ~ Don't you love it when the MEN lose something Have fun with MIL today

Chipper ~ Good Luck

Broad ~ Have a great day

Luna ~ Full moon huh? I think I'll stay in tonite

THIS SOUTHERN CHICK HOPES IT STAYS SUNNY AND WARM ON YOUR FACES TODAY.

HAVE A GREAT DAY
Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #10  
i luv my dog!

I deleted the link from my original post because the writer of the piece is a satirist so I wasn't sure if it was true or not, but as you said he probably really did do it. I'll see if they write about it in the European news.

For anyone interested anyway, here is the link:
American goodwill tour endangered as President snacks on Doritos during Chirac speech
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7012170/site/newsweek/

Last edited by a broad abroad; 02-23-2005 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #11  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Yes Ruth it's getting spring time from this southern chick. My bulbs are popping up and some are flowering already. It was 80* yesterday, today 75* once the fog lifts. But, then back to the mid 50's. The birds are just a talking away. Really need to get the mower in for it's spring check up and ready to go. Hope this weekend is nice to get some yard work done.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls! (and guys?)

Back shortly... must get coffee...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:11 AM   #13  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies!

Quick check in for me then i'm off to back to bed. I did NOT sleep well last night. Have a TON of housework to do today! UGH! Anyway, will weigh-in here in a few minutes. If all is good, i'll come back and post it..if not, then i won't. LOL

I read that Bush article, I don't think it's true. I did get this off that site though... Andy Borowitz is the author of The Borowitz Report, and the winner of the National Press Club's humor award. I think it's just a humor article. JMO though.

Have a great OP Day!! Oh, btw, those of you with snow this morning...CAN KEEP IT!!
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #14  

I would say it is definitely edging toward Spring. The daffodils are up. Two days ago it was in the 80's but we had thunderstorms all last night. However a cold front is coming through so we will be down to the 40's, I think by tomorrow for our highs. It makes it fun trying to figure out whether to put my son in a coat or a t shirt!

The banquet last night was a lot of fun. The hamburgers were lean so I had one with my WW bun. They provided lots of tomatoes, dill pickles and lettuce and I had already put some ketchup (with Splenda) on my bun. I brought devilled eggs and red pepper strips. I ended up having to share my SF banana cream pudding with Brian since he loves it so. I was satisfied and was able to avoid the potato chips, Cheetos, and tortilla chips as well as the cake and ice cream.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:26 AM   #15  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone,
I'm still around and still on plan, but I don't seem to be losing like I think I should in phase 1. Can someone answer a few questions for me? How many soy nuts are we allowed in a day and do they count as your bean serving. Also, what do you all normally eat in a day. I may be eating too much food. I eat hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, lunch meat, salad, veggies, beef, chicken, fish, jello, pistachios. Of course, I don't eat all of this in a day but this is my food items. So, if someone can tell me what they have for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks, I sure would appreciate it. I lost the 4 pounds in like two days and my weight has been going up and down a few pounds ever since. Thanks....
Closed Thread