Old 01-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #31  

Hi Everyone: Have had a busy day running around getting stuff I was short of. Usually I am well stocked but all of a sudden the cupboards were bare. Went to the next town shopping in the am and was a good girl and came home to unload and have lunch. after lunch it was the library and the grocery store here who has chickens on sale. I bought so much I had to repackage everything to get it all in the freezer. I also went to the fish monger and got some orange roughy for me for dinner. It cost so much I could of bought a steak but what the heck I deserve it. I have never tasted it and have decided that I am going to introduce more kinds fish into my diet. I like salmon and shrimp and sole, sometimes tuna but that's it so it will be interesting to see if I can eat more kinds. DH won't eat it so we went to the butcher and bought him his favorite cuts of steak and pork wrapped separately. I know what you mean about missing the dog Ali, I always plan that is the day I will wash the floors than I never get them done I spend the time sitting around missing the dog. DD has booked the pup in for his first grooming and found a place that lets her stay and they only keep him 2 hours and they are doing it on a Sunday. So they are pleased, didn't want to use a holiday or sick day to take him in Mon to Fri. Nikki the pound will be gone tomorrow I bet. Anne it will be nice towards the end of the week. What a mess down there this morning traffic wise. DD left Burlington at 7 on the Go train and got to work a block from Union station at 9. A half hour trip. The roads were even worse they say. Did you have any problems? Cat, hormones Will screw up the weight. Stay away from the scale if you can until it's over. Well off to do dinner, I have to do separate ones as DH is having potaoes and corn and Pork chops, and I'm having fish, faux potatoes and spinach. Later Lynn
Old 01-27-2005, 04:52 PM   #32  

Good afternoon,
DD had a great birthday. Her sister gave her a dvd player for her bedroom and I had the pleasure of hooking it up. It wasn't that hard though and she is very happy with it. Thanks for the BD well wishes

Ali, counting points and eating core does sound interesting and gives me some food for thought. I will have to go to the site and look at the core list of foods tonight. I'm not exactly ready to change my eating right now. I've been doing pretty good so far. This week has just been one of those weeks I guess.

Anne, I've been using those things that slip over your shoes all winter. They have saved me countless times from falling. The new ones they have out barely even show on the sides of your boots/shoes so they aren't ugly looking. Here's a link to what they are and there is a video you can watch to see what they look like on

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?...ss=&Submit4=Go

Click on the item number or the name of the item.

If you can't find them up there, I could get them and send them to you if you want. I've also seen them advertised in sporting goods stores, so you might check places like that out too.

Talk to you all tomorrow, Nikki
Old 01-27-2005, 04:56 PM   #33  

Lynn, we were posting at the same time. My favorite fish is orange roughy. Love it! I bake it with some butter and dill ususally. Just delicious.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:52 AM   #34  

Hello everyone...

Picked up Lacee at the Vet, she's doing fine. They have this new stuff that they put on their teeth after they've been cleaned that acts like a sealant to prevent a lot of tartar buildup. This lasts 2 weeks, so we left armed with a kit of the stuff that I have to put on weekly. That should be fun.....NOT!! Lacee has to go back in 2 weeks so that DH and/or I can have a lesson on how to apply the stuff.

Nikki, glad that your DD had a good birthday. A DVD player is an excellent gift. You must be good at putting electronics together. Body for Life has a really great workout program. I love the before and after pictures, it really gives you an incentive.

Cat, your meatballs sound great. If you miss having the pasta, and if you like zucchini, you can make noodles out of it. Peel some zucchini down to the seeds, coat your pan with a little olive oil, or PAM, and saute the strips. You will have a pile of strips, but they cook down. You can use a regular vegetable peeler, or a Julienne vegetable peeler, which makes thinner and longer strips that look like pasta. I also peel yellow squash to put in with the zucchini to make it more colorful.

Lynn, you sound like you had a very busy day yesterday. As I've mentioned, I'm not a fish eater. But, I can eat sole, and I do like it. Do you like haddock? That's great your DD got someone to groom the dog on a Sunday.

Anne, are you still slipping and sliding to work? Hope everything is going well for you.

Enjoy your day!
Ali

Last edited by aleka; 01-28-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:24 PM   #35  

Hi All: Damn Nikki I had dill here and forgot to use it. The orange roughy was good, I will buy it again. DH and I have decided to go to Bingo tonight. On our way to the store yesterday we pass the place were bingo is every Friday night and thought why not, it will be fun just to people watch. DH has never been and I went once about 15 years ago. Should be a laugh. Curves is done for the day. The leader of the diet group was on duty today and was all excited because the whole group lost 65 lb. Well I lost 6 lbs so what did the other 24 loose. I feel a lot better. Ali, does Lacee have a problem with tarter. I havn't had mya's done, they look all right to me. How often do you have it done. Coco only had it done when she was very old. Well I guess I will plan dinner, we have to eat early. Tonight I will have boneless skinless chicken breast with asparagus and a salad. DH of coarse will have something different. Well will be back later. Have a great day all
Old 01-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #36  

Lynn, one of the girls at the Vets office explained that dogs that have little mouths generally get more tartar. I really was quite surprised that she had so much because she eats Science Diet Oral Care dry dog food. The food is almost as big as her mouth, but that is the only food she'll eat. Plus she get's hard cookies everytime you turn around. Hopefully this stuff they gave me will help and she won't have to have too many of those visits. They say you're supposed to brush your dog's teeth daily. Ya...right! She has a fit when I cut her toenails. Hey, have fun a bingo. I hope you win tonight!

Ali
Old 01-28-2005, 05:03 PM   #37  

Hi all!!

It's cold here in GA today!! BRRRRR

Up another 1/2 pound grrrrrr...I avereaged my weight out for the week and it's 223...still a 2lb loss..dont know if I'll make the Vday challenge!! GRRRRR

KEEP WARM EVERYONE!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!! staying positive!!!!! woohoo!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:06 PM   #38  

Hey all!!

ANyone with multiple cats? I am having such a hard time getting the older cats to like my baby!!!!!! She wants to smell them and play (she's almost 3) but they just hiss at her..one of them hides...I read that cat vs cat book and it says to integrate the new cat slowly whichive done but they still hiss at her and run and growl. All she wants to do is smell them and play.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My DD is cooking dinner tonight...some concoction with oriental ramen noodle soup and ground beef.
Ill exercise in the morning with weight and aerobics..Have a 50yr anniversary to go to this weekend. So i'll have to be careful. I'm such a Dessertoholic!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 08:38 AM   #39  

Good morning everyone,
Ali, glad that Lacee is ok and that she's back home. I never had my dogs teeth cleaned and he lived to be over 22. Although, in the last few years he should have had them cleaned, but I figured the anesthesia would have killed him at his advanced age. I never knew that about little dogs, that's interesting. I've never had a little dog, just medium sized or larger. We would like to get a little one next time, but who knows, some gigantic mongrel will probably walk up the driveway and live here for another 20 years.

Lynn, bingo sounds fun. Your lucky your DH will do stuff like that with you. Hope you had a great time.

Cat, I assume your baby is a another cat. What sex are they? Lots of times same sex cats will not get along, even start to spray to claim their territory. Kind of a pecking order like chickens. I've had some cats that will get along with any cat, some that are very unsocial and hate all other cats. Like people, they all have different personalities. It could be, the other cats just don't like your baby. Or, they might be feeling jealous and think your taking her side or giving her too much attention. You might try to give them attention first when they are all together. Feed them first, pet them first, etc. How long have they been together? It might take a long time before they get their living arrangements worked out. At least it doesn't sound like anyone will get hurt.
I've had to seperate my cats. My old male, Tony, now lives in the garage and can't come in the house. PJ, the female hates him and I really thought they'd fight to the death when they first met. PJ attacked him first, but she has some kind of mental problem. I'm not sure if she is brain damaged or what, but she misunderstands things a lot and doesn't react to things appropriately. Now Stripe is a male and PJ loves him, so Stripe was able to stay in the house. Stripe likes all cats, but Tony would love to kill Stripe, because this is his territory and he fights all males that come on to the property. Anyway, that's my little cat soap opera story for the day,

So, I'm back to the weight I was last week. I had gained 2 lbs this week, now, I've lost it. I feel better about that. I hate it when the scale goes up.
Better go exercise, later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 01-29-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:05 AM   #40  

Morning All: Well that was a hoot. Probabley because I couldn't keep up with the caller. I may have won something but we'll never know!!!!! DH won $60.00, so our night was paid for and the next time we go. He enjoyed himself.It is supposed to warm up today so that will be nice, I wouldn't mind taking the dog to the park to wear down some of this energy she has. Ali, the bit about small mouths makes sense. Our little cocker had what I call a hard mouth and she had a problem with tarter. Coco and Mya have what I call a soft mouth ( the kind were you drive by a car with a dog hanging out the window and the lips are flapping in the wind) don't have a problem. All dogs have been fed people food, not the greatest for them I know.Well I guess I had better start my day. I will probabley be back later
Old 01-29-2005, 12:34 PM   #41  

Hi everyone!

DH had to work until midnight last night. He didn't mind because he has today off and we could sleep in.

Lynn, glad you fun at bingo. Congratulations to your DH on his winnings. The last time I went to bingo, I remember some women had 10 or more cards in front of them and I had no idea how they kept up with all of them. I was having trouble with the 3 or 4 I had. My ILs go to bingo just about every night down here.

Nikki, that's good you're back down to where you were. It was probably only water weight. From what my Dr. told me one time, it will happen. Have you started your BFL yet? I had a few dogs growing up and we never had their teeth cleaned either. Although, with their breath they should've had it done. It wasn't until DH & I had dogs that teeth cleaning recommended.

Cat, at one time DH & I had 1 cat. Later on we brought home a kitten and she mothered it to death. She was very protective of the kitten. As the kitten got older, we brought a puppy home. She hated that puppy. She'd snarl and spit at the puppy every chance she got. After a while she got used to the new puppy and at least stopped spitting at her. It may take some time for your cats to get used to the new addition, but I'm sure they'll come around eventually.

Anne, I'm sure you're glad it's the weekend.

Have a great Sat.
Ali

Old 01-30-2005, 08:26 AM   #42  

Hi,
Lynn, I'm glad you had a good time at bingo. I got a good laugh at your calling dogs mouths hard and soft.

Ali, I'm still reading BFL. I don't think I could do the diet part of it. I really like WW counting points, because I can eat what I would call fairly normal food. His diet plan would not be something I could do long term. I guess I don't know for sure, I've not really got to it yet. I'm in the middle of reading about the exercise. It's an interesting way of looking at it. I could do a lot of the weight training here at home, but some of those exercises require machines you would have to go to the gym to do. I'm not sure I want to take that step yet. Maybe if DH would go with me.

The scale is starting to move in the right direction again. I'm happy about that. Ali, are you still drinking green tea? I'm drinking it every morning and often in the afternoon too. I'm still drinking caffenated coffee too, a few cups a day. It helps me especially in the afternoon when I'm wanting to eat, but should wait for supper.

Cat, how's the cats? Do you have any other kinds of animals? I have several aquariums of fish. My favorites are betas and they need to have their own tanks. I just got a new male yesterday, he's white with some hints of blue. I'd like to breed them, but it looks like it would be hard. So, I just rescue them from Walmart every now and then. Walmart should not be allowed to sell fish, they don't know how to care for them.

Anne, hope your enjoying your weekend and that things are going well for you.

Today is my day off from exercise. I think I'll do a mile of walking anyway, it makes me feel good.
Later, Nikki
Old 01-30-2005, 10:22 AM   #43  

Hi! It's Sunday so I'll start another thread. See ya there!

Ali
Old 01-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #44  

Morning all!! Happy SUnday!!

We got iced in. Our girls spent an extra night at their friends house WOOHO!O!

My cats are all females..One belongs to my oldest daughter , the other to my youngest daughter and the third one, Liquorish is mine. I keep Liquorish in my room at night but let her out in the day time..its been 9 months since we've had her. Poor thing. She really just wants to play and smell them.

I would like it if they could be in the same room without freaking out!

We also have a gecko named Piglet.hahahaha..because he eats all his crickets in under a minute!

Am down a pound today! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!