View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 04:03 PM   #30
ellis

Height: 5'-2"

That's an interesting question, Ilene... "What does "lifestyle" mean to you?"
I think I've always thought of it (in terms of eating) as a way of life that comes easily... without having to think about it.
I know that at one point in my life (late teens, early 20s), my eating habits weren't an issue for me. I ate in a fairly healthy manner, exercised because I enjoyed it, and was of a good weight.
Now (post children, major depressive episodes, life...), I'm involved in a very unhealthy lifestyle. It's become a habit for me to eat badly and curl up in bed.
I like the idea of being the way I once was, without having to "think" about what I'm doing, but I suspect it's going to be a struggle for me for a long time. Possibly even the rest of my life.
I don't know... if something is a constant struggle... is it a "lifestyle"? I suppose it is, but it seems like a mighty ugly one.
As for raising kids... that sure doesn't come easily, either!

Hey, Mette! We miss you in Alternachicks!

Glynne and Only Me, I'm the opposite. I still think of myself as "slim". I used to buy clothes without having to try them on... everything and anything fit me. Now I'm still shocked when I see myself in a mirror or window reflection. I can't BELIEVE it's me! I still buy clothes without trying them on (stupid!), and when I get them home, they're often too small, because that's the size I see myself as.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen