Old 11-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #1  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Talking Newbie Here

Hello New Here !!

Hello everyone ! I have been reading these posts on the site for about 2 weeks. I mostly read the Atkins posts & now today was my first day on Induction. So I wanted to introduce myself. I am Dawn, 26, from Michigan, & currently weight 220 pounds. I am only 5'1 so I have alot of weight to lose. My goal is 130 pounds. My exercise regimen is Pilates 3x's a week & walking twice a week. I eventually want to add dancing & bike riding after a few months. Feel free to send me a message & I am willing to buddy up with anyone who is also on Atkins.
abnrmlisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:12 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Welcome Dawn and feel free to join us on the daily chat! I give anyone that can do pilates a lot of credit! I tried it once and it didn't hurt me or anything so obviously I didn't "get it" on how to do it so decided it wasn't for me. Maybe some other day I'll try again. Hopefully you've read the book?
Good luck on your first day and remember....if at first you don't succeed, get back up and try again
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:44 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HEY ITS DAWN !!!! Welcome Lady, we're glad you decided to join in on the fun here. I love dancing, are you looking into video's? I know I'd be interested as well as Brenda.

Good luck on your first day but please remember, even if its confusing now, it DOES get easy with time

There's a thread here called FAQ's, I would suggest reading it, its got alot of goodies that the group felt would be helpful to atkins followers, especially new followers.

Hugs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:08 AM   #4  
The Princess O' Pets

Welcome Dawn!!!! Great to meet you!
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 09:35 PM   #5  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome !! I will try to join the daily chats as much as possible. I have read a couple of the Atkins books, & I go to the website at least a couple times a week for information. I am a knowledge junkie when it comes to Atkins !! Thanks for the suggestion of the FAQ's. As for the Pilates, I bought a tape. Its Winsor Pilates. She explains the moves to you, it shows you the move you are going to do in 3D& she has modified moves in case you are not ready for the real move yet. I love it. Its been a little hard but all good things come with time. I havent gotten into dancing yet but in the spring if I have lost my weight I want to sign up for belly dancing classes. There is also a DVD set that teaches you move by move. I might try those out as well. Anyways just dropping in to say hi again & thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with any of you at some time. I also hope to get a picture up sometime.
Old 11-19-2004, 01:54 PM   #6  
Somethin's gotta give

Welcome Dawn!I would LOVE to take a belly dancing class- not just for the excercise but to try and help myself stop being the raging klutz I am
marie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 05:57 PM   #7  
Dawn aka Sims addict

Yes, belly dancing is so wonderful & works your whole body. I want to learn it for exercise and as a goal for myself. I bet the husband wouldnt complain either. hehe
Old 11-19-2004, 10:04 PM   #8  
Baby Steps

My daughter had belly dancing lessons for Girl Scouts....wish I had joined in. It looks like fun. I also have to find some other dance tapes. Country line dancing and maybe even some newer rock dancing.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 07:30 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda I keep thinking about getting tapes but I haven't had the time to look. I'll try this weekend and let you know.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote