YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 06-12-2004, 04:02 PM   #1  

Default Anyone doing Dr.Phil's Rapid Start Plan?

Well, I finished reading The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution a couple of months ago, and decided to purchase the food guide. When I heard Dr. Phil talk about his 14 day rapid weight loss plan on Larry King I decided to try it. I started it 6 days ago. I had 120lbs on Weight Watchers, but gained about 25 back, I just couldn't get going again I felt I needed a little boost to get back on track. I have to say I after the first couple of days it wasn't to bad, I actually think my stomach is shrinking!!! I can't eat as much as I use too!!!! I have lost 5.5lbs as of this morning. I was wondering if anyone else was doing this plan.
Marilyn M.
Anytram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 06:55 PM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I did this plan a few weeks ago and lost 6 lbs in 14 days. I think it is a great plan and really works. I like that you don't have to count calories or anything else, you just have to stick to the servings for each meal and eat a reasonable sized servings. It is tough to stick to the first few days particularly if you've been used to eating a lot of bread and pasta and not too many veggies.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:03 PM   #3  

Boy are you right!! I missed my bread so much the first few days, I still do, but not as much. Can I ask you, are you doing stage 2? I was going to go back to Weight Watchers after the 2 weeks.
Marilyn M.
Old 06-12-2004, 10:41 PM   #4  
Jen

I had planned to go on to stage 2 after 1 or 2 days of giving myself a little break. Sadly those couple of days turned into a couple of weeks so I decided to go back to square one and get myself back into stage 1. I think really it is a great way to eat, not just for a short term to lose weight but this is something you can live with. I'm not saying that I'm never going to indulge once in awhile once I really get into it because I think if you deny yourself too much then you'll just binge and really get off track. But I"m hoping once this plan has become a way of life I won't miss a lot of the stuff that I'm used to eating.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:10 PM   #5  

Hi. I was wondering where you find the info about the rapid start plan. I have the Dr. Phill book, just starting it. Is it in there, or the food guide? Thanks for any info!

Kendra
kjhoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

It's in the food guide. Good luck with it.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 10:17 AM   #7  

Default Dr. Phil's Rapid Weightloss plan

Okay, I'm on my last day!!!!!! So far I lost 9 lbs. I think I would have been able to lose even more if I was able to exercise more (I hurt my achilies tendon 4 days into diet) IMHO this has been awful! If I eat 1 more piece of chicken!!!!!! well thank God it is over. Out of 6 of us who started I am the only one left. Good luck to anyone else who tries !!
Marilyn
Old 07-05-2004, 11:44 PM   #8  

Congrats to you!!! I have been doing it a whole 3 days which has been very difficult since there was a holiday and a cook out (burgers are my weakness!) I am looking forward to seeing results! How much excersise did you incorporate into the 2 weeks? I walk and chase after my kids but finding time to do much else is impossible. Congrats again on your success!!!
dixie_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 05:29 PM   #9  

What is the meal plan for the rapid weight loss plan?
dance4life226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #10  

I read the book and I don't remember seeing this plan. What is it?
Sweetmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #11  
Angie H

Hi! I'm new here. I've been doing Dr. Phil for about a month now and I've lost about 10 lbs. I really like the plan. I've been able to stick to it better than any other I've tried. I could really use a buddy. So if anyones interested...
Angie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:23 PM   #12  

Talking

You can go to his website www.drphil.com, weight loss tab and print it out. It is not in the first book, but in the food guide. By the way - at the Dollar Store over the weekend I got Dr. Phil's shakes and bars at 3 for $1. You can bet I stocked up. I like to keep these on hand for those nights I have quilting bee right after work and don't have time to eat. You need the food lists so you can make substitutions and the Rapid Start has a different list than Phase 2. So you don't have to eat chicken the whole time and you can work in a burger. You look at the list and substitute another thing on the list if you don't like what is on the menu or don't have it.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 08-09-2004 at 01:26 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #13  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

WoW! I'm on my way out the door (as soon as my load of laundry stops) to go and pick up the Rapid Start Guide!! I didn't realize there was one when I bought my book this morning!
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #14  

I've been on this for a week now and lost 7lbs. One more week to go, and then I can eat a small sandwhich, YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!
Gitterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #15  

Default Dr. Phil's Rapid Start Plan

I started the rapid start plan last week and have lost 5 pounds. I hope this week goes as well.
Mary
mgreen95 is offline   Reply With Quote