YOU: On a Diet - and other Oprah inspired diets Includes Dr Phil, Bob Greene, and YOU: On a Diet

Old 01-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #16  

I started the rapid start plan and have actually lost 6 pounds so far. But then this weekend I had a hard time because we went out to eat a few times and I tried to order the best thing from the menu. Then my daughter had to go to the movies and that popcorn smelt so good. I could not resist. Well I paid for it because when I go on the scale this morning I had gain 2 of those pounds back. It looks like it is back to square one.
shellbelle73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:38 AM   #17  

Wink

So I went out to dinner last night at a mexican restuarant and thought I'd be good with a taco salad. I'm watching my carbs with this plan for one more week, so of course its served in a taco-shell bowl...I gave in and tasted but stopped after 2-3 bites. Temptation is all around!
Gitterdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #18  

I have not found Dr. Phil's bars or shakes anywhere. I've never heard of them!

Where can I find them? I did go to my Dollar Store and they didn't have them.
granijani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #19  

As far as the dollar stores - which one did you find them in? We have Dollar Tree, Dollar General, and the Dollar Store.

Thanks again. Can you tell I'm new at this??
granijani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #20  

Default Dr. Phil Bars

I found the bars at the dollar Tree.
Mary
mgreen95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 08:40 PM   #21  

Default Day 1

I just joined this site and started The 14 Day RSP today.

Here's my question. If I exercise for a few hours should I be adding in more food. I'm training for a 60km walk and on Sundays walk for 2-3 hours. I'm usually starving at the end. I am curious as to what i should be eating on those days?
walkergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #22  

I went to the website but couldn't manage to find the rapid start programme??? Am I being a little thick? Can someone direct me

Thanks!
MandyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #23  

Hi MandyJane

Dr Phil's rapid start program is laid out in his paperback book "The ultimate food guide" to the best of my knowledge. I never did that one, I used his first hard back "ultimate weight solution".

On his web page, under "staying alive in 2005" are some of the keys from his Rapid start weight programs. Also under "weight shows" theres a lot of good tips.

I'm not sure if there is anything in particular about the rapid start plan. somewhere in the weight loss options (I forgot now where) there is mentioned "Booty Camp" shows. That's where he initially introduced his rapid start program, so you might be able to find some info on it by following some of those headings.

Allie
pyxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 08:44 AM   #24  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

The RSP is basically a slimmed down version of the plan in the UWLS book. Breakfast is 1 protein serving, 1 low fat dairy, 1 fruit, 1 starchy carb, Lunch is 1 protein serving, 2 non starchy veg servings, 1 fruit, 1 low fat dairy, Supper is 1 protein serving, 2 non starchy veg, 1 fat. You can hold over the dairy and fruit servings for morning or afternoon snacks if not eaten with the meals. Also you can have non-caloric beverages with each meal. These are the basics, you'd have to look at the food guide to get the full plan. You are only supposed to do it for 14 days to jump start weight loss or at times when you are plateauing.
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:19 AM   #25  

I have The ultimate weightloss solution book and I just bought the ultimate weightloss solution cookbook to go with it. This book has recipes anfd the rapid start 14-day menu plan in it.
happyterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 PM   #26  

I am currently doing the RSP and I am absolutely loving it, does any one else find this? I have found that I am enjoying eating, preparing for it and the whole system. I am on day 5 and have slipped up a few times but I really havnt punished myself too much over it because when I did it was really due to the fact that I was low on energy, i could actually feel that for the first time ever. I now know why I am eating and enjoy getting up to a big breakfast... which I never used to eat!
beck_in_oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:58 PM   #27  
Biker Chick

How much is the Rapid Start Plan book, and where can I find it? It sounds awesome!!
Kygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote