South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:00 PM   #1  

Thumbs up New to South Beach

[COLOR=Black]
Hi everyone, I'm new to South Beach. I read about Phase 2, in my Cosmo (in an article to lose 10 pounds before bikini season) It has been on my mind to lose weight for sometime now. I weigh 343 pounds, which is completely unhealthy. My bones ache when I work (lots of standing) and I am so disappointed that I can't buy the cute pants, underwear, and bras I really like.
I know I will never be completely thin, but if I could even be a 16 or 18 and walk into a Lane Bryant and buy an outfit I would be thrilled. I would like to weigh 160 pounds. I am a little nervous about hanging skin, but I suppose I will cross that bridge when I get there. I started today, it's been ok, but I didn't plan well for lunch (I planned for breakfest, dinner, snacks ok) but I still managed to stick to the plan.

Thanks for listening
Michelle

ps What about South Beach for vegetarians, my husband is a vegetarian (he eats nothing that had a mom, but he does eat milk, cheese, eggs) I know I can have some meat with dinner to fill me up, but I was kind of at a loss for my husband, he choose some hearty vegetable soups when I had meat, is that a good way to go?
Old 04-19-2004, 05:22 PM   #2  
RNMOM

Default Welcome

You are at the right place. Everyone here is friendly and has great ideas. Good luck and take one day at a time.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Michelle, welcome! There's a recipe section (go to South Beach Diet above, and then Recipes), and there should be some vegetarian recipes in there. It shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:58 PM   #4  

welcome to the beach michelle!!
Old 04-20-2004, 07:21 AM   #5  

Welcome -- this site is full of ideas and encouragement! I find that just reading of others' success -- and trials!! -- helps me maintain
Old 04-20-2004, 08:19 AM   #6  

Welcome, Michelle. You're gonna like it here!!

Jo
Old 04-20-2004, 10:51 AM   #7  

Michelle - It's so nice to meet you!

Congratulations on your decision to take control of your life.

I was out of control for many years. I finally got a wake-up call & decided to do something about it.

At my heaviest, I was 270 (might have been more, I didn't get on the scale much).

My current weight is now 153! My goal weight is 130.

I have lost the last 30 lbs. on SBD...the rest was on my own version of low-carb (pre-SBD & Dr. Agatston)

Make yourself mini goals. It will keep you going. I remember one of mine was to get my nails done (tips) when I reached 200.

Now, I get such a thrill just getting to a new set of numbers. It rejuvenates my endeavor!

I hear you about going into the stores. I remember when I was my heaviest, I needed to buy a dress for a Christmas dinner. I remember being so excited that the store had something in my size.

Lane Bryant has awesome clothes! I am thrilled that I can now shop at Target. My next thing I am looking forward to is being able to buy sexy bras there.

Say 'hi' whenever you want to chat. I can relate to everything that you are going through.

PS - Don't worry about the extra skin. It won't be that bad.
Closed Thread