Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 04:24 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.....(#82)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:25 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #81 And Read The Last Few Posts!!
Old 04-09-2004, 04:59 PM   #3  

I'm home!! Mom & I had a fun day. It's about 71 degrees and a BEAUTIFUL today!!

Debbie,
Did you get your new washer today? What else have you done on this nice day? Congrats on your 2 lb. loss!! WTG!!!! This makes 14 lbs. gone doesn't it? You're doing awesome!!!!!

Dee,
Your trip sounded fantastic! What a wonderful story you posted. You have great talent for writing. I bet that guy with the telescope was watching you skinny dipping!! BTW:I was a litle confused...Do you celebrate Easter today?

Ramona,
Congrats for the 2 lbs. gone!!!!! You are doing so good!! I was a little depressed about my 1/2 lb. this week but I'll take it! Better then gaining huh? Have you talked to the boys? I don't mean to ask so much I just think about them a lot. How's your Mom?

Gayle,
You're so lucky to still have a little one! I sure miss my boys being little and doing the Santa, tooth fairy & Easter bunny thing. I still get the boys stuff but it's not the same when they were little and had that twinkle in their eyes at bedtime.I bet Allison looks so cute with her new earrings! Did she cry? Did you say the ugly "S" word? (Snow???)

Shelley,
What are you plans for the 4 days off? I'm going to do little as possible! Sure there's plenty of things to do around here but it all can wait!! I'm going to enjoy myself! You're doing wonderful on the excerise board.Thanks for the MOTIVATION!! I'm getting up early in the morning so I can be at the Y at 8:00 for water aerobics. I need my 3 times in this week.

Vicki,
How is your Mom? Is your daycare open today on Good Friday or did you take the day off? Did you have an Easter egg hunt with the kids? Are you planning Easter dinner with MIL?????

Jennelle,
How's School going? Are those kids as wild as ours??? Hopefully after the 4 day break they will be more calmed! We NEVER have fights are School and yesterday we had 2 different ones with 4th graders! That's so rare at my school! When we go back Tuesday, we will have no more days off until school is out on May 20th!!!

Cheryl,
What are your plans for Easter? Are you planning on going to visit family? I saw on the excercise board where you posted that you used fitday.com I love that site!! We really never realize how many calories we consume until we use that site!!

Tina...Carol.....& Doni......Can't wait to hear from you! Miss your posts!!!! Come out & play!!!

Later....
Love ya!! HUGS!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #4  
Losing it!

Cheryl, I tried using fitday for awhile, but their count never matched the product nutritional value chart (always higher). Now I just go off of the package if I can. Don't be too hard on yourself, you are building muscle also. I checked out the exercise thread and your doing SUPER!

Sher, Allison never cried! I had promised her an icee from the Walmart deli if she went through it ok. I told her to shut her eyes and think onlyof the icee. So the entire time the girls were counting down to pierce, I stood in front of her saying icee, icee, icee. Worked like a charm! Yep, I said snow! so far, it's raining and cold out, I had to turn the heat on in here!

Deb, new washer? Cool! I gifted myself with a new one about a year ago. Just what I always wanted... LOL!

staying OP today! Even made a @E%&%$% cheesecake for dear sweet hubby while he is in town. He will be home at 10:00 tonight and I keep telling myself...I WILL NOT EAT THE CHEESECAKE! STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESECAKE!!!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Ramona, I remember one time you mentioned purchasing makeup from one of the shopping channels. Is it the Bare Escentuals brand? If any of you guys use it, could I have your feedback?
Old 04-09-2004, 08:26 PM   #6  

Evening my friends....

Sher ...don't you go and be all funny tonite asking if i was going to eat dinner with the MIL....yeah right....

Gayle...I use Bare Esscentuals and love the products, You feel like you don't have any makeup on and for me it stays on all day...

Shelley...I have an event with the Red Hats at the end of the month...Found me a really cute hat in Florida.....

Sher & Deb...since no trip this year WHEN are you coming to visit me?????????

Well off to see what that dear old woman across the street wants with us...

Happy Easter to all ....

Vicki
Old 04-09-2004, 08:32 PM   #7  

Gayle.......Get away from that cheesecake!!!!!!! It's not that good anyways!!!! (Honestly...I hate it!)

Vicki.....That lady across the street wants to BOND with you!!! (Good 'ole MIL!)

Off here to watch 2 movies I rented...(They don't have x rated there....Just kidding!! )
*Cheaper By The Dozen
*Something's Gotta Give

Seen them???

Bye
Old 04-10-2004, 12:53 AM   #8  
Losing it!

I made the cheesecake, topped with cherries and stuck the sucker in the fridge. Allison licked all the spoons etc. so there was no tempting. Tonight when everyone ate cheesecake I had some pepperoni's and a SF jello. Safe until tomorrow!

Vickster, you need bonding time with MIL?????? I know how you love her!!! Do you have good coverage with the bare escentuals foundation? Will it cover freckles? Yep, I'm covered! Will it make me beautiful???? LOL!

Sher, cheaper by the dozen? comedy? At first all I could think of was a western, but I think I'm thinking of the dirty dozen? When will Wayne take his test?
Old 04-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #9  

Gayle-Your pictures don't show any freckles. I didn't know that you had them.

Sherry-Your 1/2 loss this week was great! I am off to run 10 miles. It is very muggy and warm outside, so I'll see what happens!
Old 04-10-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning girls

I was hoping for rain today...And got it!!! We worked so hard yesterday trying to finish up {but didn't} I knew the only way to get a rest, was it to rain. Yippeee!!! It's raining this morning...LOL.

Gayle...WTG on not eating any of the cheescake. I try to keep legal snacks here for my weak days. I love the Blue Bunny Carb Freedom yogurt. Tastes like ice cream!!

Shelley...I am alright with no vacation this year. I have a great imagination, on that deck...I can be anywhere I want to be.

Vicki.....Last weekend me and Sherry was just talking of coming to Kentucky Kingdom this summer. It would be a nice 2 day trip. We'll be sure to hook up with you then. Are you sure you want to meet us though? After Titan Dee met us, she never posted again...LOL.

Dee...I loved reading about the adventures of your trip. I agree with everyone else, you would be great at writing short stories. You would have to rate some of them X though...LOL.

Sherry.....Guess we both will get some rest today, no yard work for you either. Looking forward to us enjoying Easter together tomorrow. You are such a sweetie, making Fudge pies for my Mom. BTW..WTG on the half pound!!!

Ramona...WTG on the 2 pounds!! It's all that running you are doing. Up and down stairs is great excerise. How is your parents doing? Have you heard from the boys this week?

Cheryl....Glad you have joined us over on the walking thread. You are doing great. We are really hopping over there!!

Carol...Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Between the Y early yesterday morning , then going to buy a washer, then working until dark on the deck....didn't hear the phone ring one time...LOL. I really hope you change you mind and decide to still post with us. As far as I know this forum is open to all who need support and friendship. Love ya!!

Doni.....I think of you often and wondering how things are going with you. Please post soon!!

Tina.....How is everything going with you? I was thinking of your family and wondering how your couisin was doing. Will you let me know when the strawberries are ready? I would love to come and pick some to put in my freezer.

Jennelle....My aunt is a member of OA. I have talked to her a lot about it.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I'm jealous of Sherry and Shelley's 4 day weekend. I have to work Monday, but no kids.

Happy Easter Everyone!! Hope you day is filled with lots of family and friends!!

Hugs...deb

~~~SUMMER COUNT DOWN~~~
~~~46 Days down..... 50 days TO GO~~~~
Old 04-10-2004, 09:50 AM   #11  

Gayle, I have been using Bare Esscentuals for years and wouldn't use anything else. It completely changed my skin for the better. It seems kind of pricey at first but when you break it down, it really isn't. The beginner foundation kit with the brush (which is a must have) is around $35.00. However, this is about a years supply. I order the refills about once a year for $21.00. The foundation and the mineral veil are the two I would start with. That's all I used the first couple of years, but now I have about 20 colors of eye shadow, liner, lipstick, blush.......okay, so I like makeup! hehehe.

Debbie and Sherry, you have been my inspirations with your little weightloss chicks! You are both doing so well and I know Debbie, you'll have to put up a very tall privacy fence around that pool because you and Sherry will probably cause all the men in the neighborhood to get into to trouble. They'll be looking at you two when they should be mowing the lawn!!!!

Shelley, enjoy your trip to visit your aunt. Are there anymore events planned for you for this holiday season? I don't mean to sound dumb, but I enjoy reading about the different Jewish traditions.

Vicki, did you make it back from the evil MIL's??? Do we need to send a search party??? hahaha

Dee, it has turned off cool here too. That's not unusual though, it seems it happens every Easter. It is supposed to rain and storm all day.

Cheryl, I know what you mean about not realizing how many calories you are eating. They can really creep up on you and you honestly don't think it is so bad until you start adding it up!

Carol, Tina, Jennelle, Doni....I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and that the Easter Bunny finds you.....with sugar-free chocolate of course!!!!

I stayed on program all week with one exception. I'm trying not to eat any sugar and yesterday I went to the drive thru at Wendys to get a salad. I got the new Spinach-grilled chicken salad(which was yummy) but the dressing they had with it was loaded with sugar. So, that was my booboo for the week.

For any of you who drink diet sodas, if you have access to Diet Rite, they are made with Splenda instead of Aspartame. I prefer that because Aspartame makes me retain fluid and feel bloated. The tangerine and strawberry-kiwi are to die for!!!

Girls, I had a really rough night. One of the men in Daniel's division was killed this week. He is in Taji and on the news last night, they showed it as one of the most dangerous areas. You have all been so good to ask about the boys and pray for them, but could I be really selfish and ask that you say just one extra one for Dan today. I would appreciate it so much. Everytime I hear a car in the driveway, my heart races and I have this terrible fear that it will be a military car. I think I will get out today, even in the thunderstorms, or I will be too jittery. Thanks ladies, you're the best!!!

Blessings to you all!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #12  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I went to buy Easter basket stuff for my kiddos last night. They are almost 15 and almost 17, but they looked crushed when I told them I thought they were getting a little big for the whole egg-coloring scene.

I got my test scores in the mail yesterday and I passed. The state requires a 590 and I got a 690, so I guess I did pretty well.

Ramona - Is Dan in the Marines or the Army?
Old 04-10-2004, 10:38 AM   #13  

Ramona-I am sending tons of prayers your way. You are not selfish, and don't even think for 1 minute that you are! BTW, I have the Diet Rite, and it is delish. I just don't drink to much because I need the caffeine that diet cola has in it!

Tina-How is everything going? I need to see what you've got listed--I haven't looked in a couple of days.

Ladies-It is so muggy here! I just got back from a 10.5 mile run and my shirt is soaked. Send some cool weather this way.

Debbie-Sorry you have to work on Monday! I actually would rather work, because I am having my root canal finished. Ugh!

Gayle-Good for you on not eating the cheesecake!
Old 04-10-2004, 10:53 AM   #14  
Losing it!

Ramona, you are not selfish by asking us to pray for Dan and the others. I can't even imagine how I would feel with a child off in war. Please do try to relax, all we can do is to continue to pray for his safety. He needs you safe and sane here at home. It is nice when you get the unexpected phone call. I know a girl here in town who's husband has been there since March of 2003, she said it will be months between calls.
Old 04-10-2004, 11:25 AM   #15  

JENNELLE...WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! We all knew you would pass with flying colors. You are one smart chick!!! BTW, Dan is in the Army.

Shelley, I'm just the opposite, I try to stay away from the caffeine. I've got a tangerine diet rite in the freezer and I'm getting ready to enjoy it now.

Gayle, I just gave myself a relaxing facial and I'm going to go tan, take a long hot shower and then do some window shopping. Rick is gone all day out of town on a one day hunting trip so I have the day all to myself!!! I'll relieve my brother tonight at the folks house.

I'll be back later this afternoon. Love you all!!!!
Closed Thread