Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #16  
Losing it!

Jennelle, funny how they want to grow up so quick until it's time for the Easter bunny or Santa! my 19 year old is even hurrying home this afternoon so she can color eggs with little sis! Congrats on passing the test! Great score!

Shelley, yep, you could basically play connect-a-dot on my body! Covered from head to toe! my face and arms are the worse, probably from the sun. Do you want me to package up some of this damp, cool stuff for ya?

Ramona, would you say the BE coverage is good? I've always used a heavier foundation for my face because of the freckles. As we get older heavy makeup can start settling into the creases. I'm looking for a change, guess I'll take freckles showing over wrinkles looking worse! I may just go to QVC and check it out! Enjoy your "you" day!

Deb, BB also carries the light 85, I think I almost like the flavor of it better (not as chalky). The nutritional chart will read higher in carbs, but by the time you subtract everything, it's close to the same. The larger container of light 85 equals out to 3-4 carbs, depending on the fruit content. BB just decided to get into the low carb swing and make a "separate" product.

Sher, do you still do the Easter baskets for the boys? When will Wayne take his test?

Vickster, so a wonderful day planned tomorrow spending quality time with the MIL? How's Kara doing? She has 1 or 2 more years of school? what BE products do you use?

Dee, are you enjoying sunshine, snow or rain today? Our weather has been crazy here. One day the fish are swimming towards the water surface and by the next day they are back down towards the bottom of the pond. I do have a water lily growing! I left it to winter in the pond and now its growing again. The first leaf made it to the water surface yesterday!

Staying OP so far today! The hunger monster has hit! I've had breakfast & lunch and I'm still hungry! It's only 12:34!!!! Usually I have a late breakfast on the go, a bite at 2:00 or 3:00 and then dinner. I hope I make it all day! I think my brain is telling me to go ahead and eat today since tomorrow will be a day filled with mashed potatoes, ham, roast, desserts etc!

I hope you guys are having a better day then me staying OP!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:29 PM   #17  

Hoooowdy!!

I've been busy today! Got the day started off with my 8:00am water aerobics, went tanning & now washing clothes.

Gayle,
I've got freckles too! I have more on my back then anywhere. When I first met Wayne, he said they were sexy. Since he hasn't said anything in years, going to ask him if he still thinks they are!

I still fix Chris & Drew a basket.I use the same basket every year. Their VERY FIRST one when they had their first Easter. One day when they are married & have kids I'll pass it down to Grandchildren.

I was just taking a short break...Gotta finish laundry and bake choc. fudge pies & deviled eggs for tomorrow at Debbie's nephews house.

I'll check in later........
BIG HUGS!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 03:53 PM   #18  

Jennelle-We were posting at the same time. Congratulations!!! I knew you would pass with flying colors!! Will you be taking a media job at your current school, or do you have to apply at different schools?
Old 04-10-2004, 03:58 PM   #19  

Shelley ...Quit that bragging about it being so muggy. Come on up North and get a different feeling...heheehehe

Gayle...The coverage like Ramona said is great and you can go on Ebay and buy it from there, which i have done in the past and this makeup will last forever. Buying it on Ebay has been a little cheaper and the quanity is adequate b/c you don't need alot.
There is a product also called Ramy that is good which i like and it is pricey but really see a different in my skin tone.

Sher,Gayle,Deb...You ladies can take my MIL out to dinner and she will Love you all for it....She seems to be mellowing out some but it is a little to late for us to bond.

Mom will be getting a feeding tube in her stomach Monday so if you will say a little prayer for her.

Ramona...Don't ever think you are being selfish here b/c We are all concerned for the boys over there fighting and no that prayers are always going your way and for your family.

Vicki

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL MY WONDERFUL FRIENDS HERE!!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #20  

Vicki-I'll be praying for your mom!

What is this Bare Essential stuff that you all are talking about? Is it on an infomercial?
Old 04-10-2004, 11:38 PM   #21  
Losing it!

Shelley, it is an infomercial plus they sell it on QVC and on-line. Coverage is really good, it's made up of natural minerals, so it's even safe to sleep in. Cost wise, it's no more expensive then the stuff you can pick up at the store.

Vickster, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Is she in the nursing home? I take it, she is not responding? I am so happy that you were able to go spend some time with her. I'm sending prayers.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:27 AM   #22  

May everyone have a day filled with love, family & friends.

Old 04-11-2004, 07:45 PM   #23  

Shelley--PLEASE take some of our cool weather!!! I was so geared up for spring and here we go again with the wet drearies!

Ramona--I don't think you're being selfish at ALL asking for an extra prayer for Dan!! He got one from me! I also love the strawberry-kiwi diet-rite sodas. Too bad they're so pricey!

Jennelle--Congrats on the test scores. We knew you could do it!!!!!!

Hey to everyone else--HAPPY EASTER!!! Don't eat too many chocolate eggs (like I did)!!

Cheryl
Old 04-11-2004, 07:48 PM   #24  

Oh, Vicky--posted before I got to the 2nd page!! Hope your mom comes thru everything OK.....Hope your "time" with MIL went well.........

Sherry--How'd you get a blue chickie?
Old 04-12-2004, 12:35 AM   #25  
Losing it!

I hope everyone had a wonderful day today filled with family & friends!

Vickster, I will be saying an extra prayer for mom tomorrow.

Sher, I like the happy Easter attachment. Cute, cute!
Old 04-12-2004, 07:12 AM   #26  

I didn't celebrate Easter, but I had a wonderful day visiting my bedridden aunt in Miami. She had a stroke a few years back, and can speak, but you can't hear her. She looks really good, and my 2 cousins also came with their hubbys. It is so funny seeing my dad, who can't hear try and understand what my aunt is saying. He stays by her side constantly when he is there. She is 85, and my dad will turn 81 this month. She was so happy to see me. At first, she didn't know who I was, but I think she finally figured it out. My 1 cousin brought her "adopted" 2 year old grandchild, who is absolutely adorable. My cousin works with habitat for humanity and this is one of the children that is from there and the parents don't have enough money to feed and clothe her. She is so lucky to have my cousin caring for her.

I hope each and everyone of you had a blessed Easter, I had a blessed end of Passover!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:54 AM   #27  

Good morning all. I spent all day Easter in the emergency room with my mom. She is in a room now and we have some decisions to make about long term care. I may be scarce for a few days, but I'll be thinking about you all. Love you!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:18 PM   #28  

Hello

It's raining and cool & I'm being so lazy today! My last day off. This 4 days sure did go fast!

My weigh-in this morning showed a loss of 1 lb. I'm kinda of upset though. I have stuck with WW and have done water aerobics 3 times a week for 3 weeks now and have only lost 3 1/2 lbs. and only 5 inches....2 theighs....2 waist and 1 in hips. I guess I feel it should be more. Maybe it's because I'm not useing all my FP or AP (?)

Ramona,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom. Bless her heart! She will be in my prayers and I know the family will choose what will be best for her. Please let us know how's she doing and also know we're here for you!!

Shelley,
That was very special of you spending time with your Aunt yesterday. I take it that it's your Dads Sister? I'm sure it meant a lot to him for you coming to visit her too.

Gayle,
How did Allison act when she saw that the Easter Bunny had came yesterday? I bet she was so excited! Did she get new earrings in her basket?

Vicki,
How's your Mom? How did you spend Easter?

Jennelle,
Congrats on a great score on the test! Will you still be at the same School?

Dee,
How's it going? You haven't posted in a few days and I'm getting worried. Are you ok? I miss & love you!

Cheryl,
I didn't know I had a blue chickie! Where is it?

Carol,
How are you? Are you staying OP? Hopefully you'll be back here to post soon with us.

Debbie,
We had a great time yesterday. I thought my arms would be sore today from playing volleyball...but they aren't! Guess I'm finally getting into shape! BTW: You looked great yesterday!!!!

** TINA & DONI......Where oh where are you????? PLEASE POST SOON!!! I miss you here!!!!!!!!

I'll check in later! Have a great OP day

Hugs!
Old 04-12-2004, 12:54 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Ramona, prayers are being sent. Like Sherry said, I know your family will decide what is best for your mom. I hope they have her comfortable today and she's resting.

Vickster, I'm thinking of your mom today also. Please let us know how she pulled through the precedure.

We took my mom out to eat yesterday and when we dropped her off at home, I told Steve it must be the pits to get old! It's sad to see our once thriving and vibrant parents get to a point were they need so much assistance and start to have ongoing medical problems. All of those on the group with ailing parents, know that I am praying for your families.

Sher, don't get depressed because your not losing like you feel you should. Your weight loss for the week is good. Remember your toning and building muscle. I think 5 inches in three weeks is great!!!! The bunny visited Allison, but kept it to a stuffed bunny and candy. She needs to wear her piercing earrings for 6 weeks so I didn't want to get her all excited to soon about changing earrings.

Shelley, I'm glad you had a nice day yesterday visiting your aunt and cousins. It's nice every so often to take a day to just play catch-up with family. I bet the little 2 year old is adorable! it is so nice of your cousin to "adopt" the child. My fear would be that I could get to attached and then something could happen.

Well, Steve left again today for a week. So I asked him if over the weekend, he could check the mower out and have it ready to go for me to mow this week. Today was going to be the big day! I planned to take all day and mow our front yard, the back forty and my mom's front and back yard. Guess what????? IT'S SNOWING!!!! frick'n white stuff everywhere!!! In APRIL!!!! BLAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2004, 02:42 PM   #30  

Gayle-We are having thunderstorms here in sunny Fl. The dog was at my side all early morning because of the thunder. Our electricity was out from 8:AM-1:PM. I left the house at 10 for my dentist appt. thinking it would be back on when I got home, but no. So the girls and I went to Walmart, then to a fitness center for Becky to check out. It came back on when we were gone. I got back just in time to see the end of my show (Days of Our Lives.)

Sherry-Don't be disappointed about your weight loss. You know as well as anybody that the weight loss will slow down as you get smaller. Your inches are disappearing, maybe not as fast as you want, but at least you know that it is true fat that you are losing, and not water! I can't believe how wonderful you have done, and it won't be long before you reach your goal! I'm so excited for you and very proud!

Ramona-I'm sending more prayers your way. At least it will be less of a burden on you if your mom gets long term care. My aunt has somebody at her house all the time caring for her. The only thing is, it is always a different person. It would be so much better if one particular person stayed to care for her. Maybe in an assisted living place they have at least the same people coming in day in and day out. It will be so much better in the long run on you, your mom, and your dad. I'm sure it's a hard decision to make though.
Closed Thread