Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:58 PM   #1  
Cross stitch fiend

Angry How long did you stay on induction?

Hello and greetings from someone new to 3FC.

I've actually been reading the posts for a few weeks and finally decided to jump in with a question. I've been on Atkins for 1 week and I've lost 8 pounds so far (Yeah)!

I was thinking about staying on induction for longer than 2 weeks. I was wondering if any of my fellow Atkins dieters had done the same. If so, how long did you stay on induction before moving to the next phase. I'm getting married in May and I want to try to lose as much as I can (safely of course) before then.

Thanks ladies. Oh, and keep posting those before and after pictures. They are very inspirational!
Old 02-04-2004, 02:41 PM   #2  

Hi Shmoopie, I am on my 21 st day today and plan on staying on the induction for awhile. I do have SF jello now and again but have always stayed below the 20 grams allowed on induction. Keep up the good work!!
Brenda T
Old 02-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #3  
Baby Steps

hi shmoopie! Welcome! I've been on Induction since the beginning of the year. I plan on staying on it for a couple months yet. I have sf jello (with chocolate whipped topping) quite often (probably too often). It's my one downfall
Old 02-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #4  
Cross stitch fiend

Hi Brenda and BrendaT!

I have been eating the SF jello and cool whip on induction too. As long as I stay under the 20 carb limit, I don't see the harm. I know it's not on the approved list but it hasn't seemed to affect my weight loss, at least not yet.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:32 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

I don't use cool whip. I was told a really GOOD "recipe". Use heavy cream, a couple packets of splenda, a couple drops of vanilla, either cocoa or sf/ff chocolate jello (hmm...wonder what banana would taste like) and whip til it's like cool whip. Tastes GREAT!!!!! You might want to check out the other recipes on here. They've posted some really interesting ones. I can't wait til the next stage to try them out
Old 02-04-2004, 03:35 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Shmoopie,
Today is my 14th day on induction and I plan to stay on it for at least 4 months. I'm kind of going to roll with the punches. I'm going to let my body tell me when it's time to move on Gratz on the loss.. its a great feeling isnt it!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:13 PM   #7  
Cross stitch fiend

Hi Trazz,

It is a good feeling indeed! I can't really recall the last time my scale went down. I sat by for a LONG time watching it slowly go up and didn't do anything about it. Feels great to work at something and see results.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:15 PM   #8  
Cross stitch fiend

Brenda,

Man, that chocolate whipped topping recipie sounds GOOOOOOOD! I'm gonna try that this weekend. Maybe it will get rid of my nagging chocolate cravings. Especially during TOM! Does that satisfy your chocolate cravings?
Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 PM   #9  
Baby Steps

I put it over about 4 TBSP of sf jello and yes. The cravings are GONE!!! And for me that's saying a lot. I used to have to eat chocolate every day just so that people could be around me w/out getting their heads bitten off. I eat a little bit of that and it's SOOO good that the cravings for chocolate go away. Then I'm set for another day. I think I'm addicted to it though. lol
Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome !!!

I was on induction for 2 weeks. After that I kept my carbs at 20 gm/day but I added new and different foods to my diet.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:38 PM   #11  
Cross stitch fiend

Hi Leenie,

Do you think it helps you lose more quickly to stay under 20g? I'm hoping that is the case. For some reason, losing 3-5 lbs a week is a lot more motivating to me than losing 2 lbs a week.

Thanks for the reply. I have been encouraged by all the support I see on this site. I think it's going to help a LOT!
Old 02-04-2004, 04:45 PM   #12  
Baby Steps

Hey, when you've seen the scale climbing as fast as I have....2 pounds a week is exciting. Especially knowing (well, hoping) that it's going to come off every week
Old 02-04-2004, 04:58 PM   #13  
Cross stitch fiend

You're absolutely right Lady. I should be happy with 2 lbs, after all, the goal is to get the scale to go down.

In the past, the slow weight loss has always frustrated me and eventually I give up. But with Atkins, I'm not hungry all the time so I don't feel like I've starved myself only to lose one or two pounds. I am actually eating more now than I was before, I'm just eating differently and exercising. Plus I'm more determined this time since I have the wedding coming up.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:15 PM   #14  
Baby Steps

Congrats on the wedding. And yes, it seems the lack of appetite (now if I could just get the mind to get past "chocolate"! lol) has helped me quite a bit. I've tried other diets and cutting down portion sizes. That always ALWAYS left me hungry and so I'd cheat and fail. So this WOE seems to be working for me. Now my next hurdle is getting past the Girl Scout cookies. LOL
Old 02-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #15  
Head Princess

Shmoopie, just a little warning to keep your goals reasonable! In the beginning, you lose weight quickly, but it does slow down. Sometimes it even stops for a few weeks. If you expect it, then you won't be discouraged by it. This does take persistence.

I started out fast, like you. 8 pounds the first week, 7 the second, 5 the third. Then it slowed down. It starts and stops. It's been almost 7 months now and my total weight loss averages out to 2 pounds a week. Still, it's almost 60 pounds so far and it will keep coming off.

Just remember, even miracles take work
Closed Thread