Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #1  

Arrow IP community Weekend Chat Sat 10/18 - Sun 10/19/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home pageD
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-18-2014, 06:41 AM   #2  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

Hi All,

I almost cannot believe it,I am only .6 pounds overweight according to the charts.
I would love to weigh under 120 but at the end of the month I am going to go to phase two and see what happens.
My clinic has asked me to be a coach and I said yes. I will let you know how that goes too.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:52 AM   #3  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Not so fat anymore - congrats to you! That is great!

You may lose more while phasing off. I started phasing off at (I think, wish I kept better notes) 140 and lost during P2 & P3 and the first few weeks of maintenance.

I love hearing people who were successful on IP going on to coaching - there's nothing like first hand experience!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #4  
Reboot: 11/28/16

S/C/G: 275/190/257.7

Height: 5'8"

Wonderful Not so Fat! Coaching sounds like a great opportunity. I'm curious about the pay structure if you are willing to share.

Hoping everyone has an OP weekend. Weekends are tougher for me than workdays. Not as precise with the measuring, skipping veggies here and there. Committing to getting back to basics this weekend!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #5  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not so fat anymore View Post
Hi All,

I almost cannot believe it,I am only .6 pounds overweight according to the charts.
I would love to weigh under 120 but at the end of the month I am going to go to phase two and see what happens.
My clinic has asked me to be a coach and I said yes. I will let you know how that goes too.

That is awesome news!!! And to register as .6 lbs overweight....oh what a feeling!! I can remember when I went from "obese" to "overfat" to "normal"(way back when).......the feeling was PRICELESS!!! WAY TO GO!!

Only down ONE pound this week, but I'm good with that.....seems my weight loss fluctuates hi and low every week. Good news is I'm down 20 lbs! Woohoo!!
Old 10-18-2014, 09:33 AM   #6  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Hi All,

Wow, .6 to go..you must be ecstatic. I can only imagine how that must feel. I too, just like Rayze, am interested to know what the pay is like. Please do share that tid bit of info. The reason is because I'm also interested in becoming a coach. Although I won't even consider it until I've reached goal. My coach works full time at a mental health clinic in the city and only does IP on Wednesday nights. I would love to do this one night a week too. This way they'll have 2 nights/week available to their clients. I have to drive half an hour to get there each week and I don't mind that at all. Ideally I'd really like to open an IP in my home but I haven't heard of this before. My thinking is that if I have to drive half an hour to see her, and the next closest is over an hour, why not have one here in my home? Have any of you ladies ever heard of someone doing an IP clinic out of their homes before? If so, do you know what it would entail to do so? Lord knows I certainly wouldn't be able to afford to buy/rent an office in a building somewhere. But I'm really wanting others (in my rural area) to have the opportunity to get on IP and see the wonders that IP have done to help all of us. If anyone has any insight into this, please share. I can't think of a better way to help others feel this good and be this successful than to "pay it forward"

Andi

Old 10-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone..... It's wedding day for my nephew out here in CA. So far I have been as on program as I would be at home! Only difference is I've been splitting protien between lunch and dinner. We have been out for lunch every day so I've been having salads with grilled chicken. Making it work. Hard with the water though. I did buy a case and I am drinking it, but I feel like I am not getting as much as I would at home......

Bought myself a cute outfit yesterday in the mall while out shopping g with the girls....so excited it didn't come from a fat girl store! Lol. Love it. We are changing hotels today to downtown LA where the wedding will take place. Apparently there is a mall under the hotel...so this afternoon I will shop again lol. ...
Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey, Miss Andi, here's a link, but it seems you may have to do an office space of some sort. It might take a bit of cash to get in on this franchise .

http://www.idealprotein.com/ca/careers

Congrats to the new coach: Not so fat...!
All the coaches at my clinic have been successfully through the plan or are going through the plan at the moment. Perhaps that is why they seem so well informed about how things really work.

Liana
Old 10-18-2014, 12:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Good morning everyone..... It's wedding day for my nephew out here in CA. So far I have been as on program as I would be at home! Only difference is I've been splitting protien between lunch and dinner. We have been out for lunch every day so I've been having salads with grilled chicken. Making it work. Hard with the water though. I did buy a case and I am drinking it, but I feel like I am not getting as much as I would at home......

Bought myself a cute outfit yesterday in the mall while out shopping g with the girls....so excited it didn't come from a fat girl store! Lol. Love it. We are changing hotels today to downtown LA where the wedding will take place. Apparently there is a mall under the hotel...so this afternoon I will shop again lol. ...
Sgrealtor1 - I think being able to shop in "regular" stores was one of my biggest treats as I lost weight. Not only real stores, but in sizes where there was a lot of selection beyond big-ugly-as-a-tent styles!

I have a wedding, too. My first of my boys! I cannot wait, partially because I have not seen him in over a year as he has been deployed...he just arrived in the Pacific NW yesterday, off to get the license.

What makes me happy (beyond the wedding) is that I can wear my beautiful designer lace overlay dress and zip it up, although I need to sit carefully! I put it on yesterday and I cannot believe how great it looks. No old lady, mother-of-the-groom dress for me.
Old 10-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hurray for Schenectady! You are going to look stunning for your son's wedding.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #11  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

New to this forum, not quite sure how to use it yet,but some of these success stories I am reading are quite the motivator! I posted a thread for the following but have not recieved any responses yet, so I'm wondering if any of you experienced users have an answer. Please and thank you!

I am on week 7 of phase 1 ideal protein. I have lost 30 pounds. However I lost most of it in the 1st 4 weeks and have been stuck at the same weight (keep going up and down the same 3 pounds for the last 3 weeks). The only thing I have changed is that I have begun eating the vegetarian "meats" from the list my counselor gave me of approved veggie options. I asked her if it would slow down my progress and she said that it shouldn't... But I feel like it is. (I was just seriously sick of meat since I'm not a huge meat eater normally, although I'm not technically a vegetarian).

Anyone else out there experience this?! I do eat eggs sometimes too, and I think that coupled with the carbs in the veggie burgers that meat just doesnt have might be part of the problem. Perhaps if I eat 2 eggs I should forgo an IP food? (I eat the eggs to supplement the protein since 2 boca burgers are only 5 ounces of protein as well as lower in grams of protein).

I hate to go back to meat, but I will if it helps lose the weight faster. I am still 30 pounds from my half way mark to my goal-- and sticking to this diet is getting harder and harder.

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 10-18-2014 at 01:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #12  
maintaining since 9/2013

Hi Schnozzeberries,
First of all congrats on your amazing progress, which averages to 4.28 lbs/week! Based on what you've described as the only thing that changed in your diet, I'd say maybe you are right and to try adding in some lean meats or fish. There are many ways to male them more interesting and palatable, and you don't have to eat the entire portion at one time. You can find all sorts of recipes on this forum. Also, with apology if TMI, is big c possibly an issue? IP is known to be constipating and our colon can hold up to 10 lbs.

As many IPers will tell you, the weight loss isn't linear. It tends to go in fits and starts, and generally not as fast as the initial couple of weeks. I'd suggest tracking your measurements alongside your weight. Even a single measurement, maybe waist or hips, exactly the same spot each time you measure. This will give you more reliable feedback than the scale, which reflects things like fluid shifts in addition to fat loss.

A couple of other suggestions: track your progress by monthly average rather than each weigh in. Make sure to get in your veggies, oil, water and include a salad everyday of free veggies. If you are using 3 packets, consider a 4th packet.

Hope this helps

Last edited by mars735; 10-18-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:12 PM   #13  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Thanks mars. I am investigating the recipe thread right now for ideas on how to cook some lean meats without the butter and yummy goodness that I used to add.

I have not had any problems with the big C. Lol. The magnesium really helps me on that aspect. So far anyway.

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 10-18-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 01:41 PM   #14  
started IP on Feb.27,2014

S/C/G: 217.6/128.2/132

Height: 5 foot 1 inch

To anyone that is interested my clinic is paying me $17 an hour and is giving me 25% of IP products. I work Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 to 7 and two Saturdays a month 8:30 to 1.

I was given as a client a person who is having a hard time staying on program and a new person who is just starting. I really want them to have success and I will help them any way I can.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 198/196.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
To anyone that is interested my clinic is paying me $17 an hour and is giving me 25% of IP products. I work Tuesday and Thursday 3:30 to 7 and two Saturdays a month 8:30 to 1.

I was given as a client a person who is having a hard time staying on program and a new person who is just starting. I really want them to have success and I will help them any way I can.
That's great! It must be so inspiring for your clients to have someone in their corner who has been through the journey themselves.
Closed Thread