View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #43
onebyone
move

S/C/G: 291/279.3 lastweek/274.3 now

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up planned distractions

Coaches

My sister arrives mid-afternoon tomorrow but will get a rental car and will lose her way getting to my place. Guaranteed. Also guaranteed-she will get here.

Today MIL wants to celebrate DH's never ending birthday and we are supposed to pick my mom up and bring her over as well. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking "let's not do that". As she is difficult especially while out and I am going to be seeing her everyday this coming week. On the other hand, MIL has a beautiful garden and my mom may enjoy it. Not sure what we'll decide to do.

On the agenda, in a major way, is a general clean up of the abode. Lots of stuff to move out of her bedroom. We really procrastinated on this one. Oh well. It'll get done today and tomorrow.

Without realizing it I have been amassing a planned distraction for myself for the duration of her visit. I figured out how to load books onto my phone and so I am reading several related to weightloss and will be pondering the specifics of my revamped foodplan once she leaves. I am reading the following:

The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable --Jeff Volek, author.

Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It - Gary Taubes, author

Good Calories, Bad Calories - Gary Taubes, author

and I am re-reading The War of Art - Steven Pressfield because it's soooooo good.

And this is new for me as well: I did research into a group called TOPS=take off pounds sensibly. http://www.tops.orgMy aunt used to go to TOPS and for whatever reason they came to mind. It's a support group with an annual fee of $30 or so-you go there, you get weighed in, you talk food/your foodplan, people support and encourage each other. There's a group in my town and I think I'll check it out. I do need something more, something outside myself and the internet.
It's worth a try. First meeting is free so nothing lost there.

Better go. Time to decide what we're doing today.

Bye for now.