View Single Post
Old 07-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #34
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday

Diet Coaches/Buddies I did it! I found a way to make my 24 inch drill bit work. I dug out enough ceiling plaster in the attic for the drill chuck to go down another half inch and it all worked. I'm so happy. It took another trip to the hardware store, unfortunately bounced to Home Depot because the sane local store was closed for the holiday. There were only about three of us in all of Home Depot and the other two were buying gas grills. I did part of the remaining work and took the Fourth of July off to do other stuff.

Washed the lettuce that I'd stuck in the fridge yesterday. "Triple washed" it to match the store's claim. A spider made it to wash level two - I was impressed. Can't figure out how so much dirt can collect on lettuce. Did slightly better with snacks - partial CREDIT moi - and fine with meals. Exercise was watching gardener DW's grin as the rain fell all day.

Joy (gardenerjoy) Neat example of planning for a potluck when you don't know what food will appear.

Cheryl (GosfordGirl) 7am at the farmer's market is a great start to the day. Kudos for finding a way to be at your gym without being disturbed by the macho types.

maryann - Ouch for the reality of marriage and work demands. Kudos for seeing, "This too shall pass."

Woodland - Kudos for "91% on program" - I, too, like a number.

nationalparker S'mores on a fire pit sounds fun. Hope your watermelon is a winner. I don't know the secret of choosing, either.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Bread without salt is just the worst - Congrats for figuring out a way to use it. And Super Congrats to your DS for the advancement in reading. Let us know how the pizza crust works out. Shuddering at the thought of a drum set for a kid.

Readers -
Quote:
day 19 Stop Fooling Yourself

Read the following list of self-deluding sabotaging thoughts and check off those that you've had in the past.

It's okay to eat this because ...
  • It's not a whole piece.
  • I'll eat it only this one time.
  • It's not that fattening.
. . .

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 162.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month