View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #38
alyssarof2012

S/C/G: 336/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Checking in: Still at the same weight... I had an issue with muscle spasms and inflammation. It hurt so bad to breath I went to the hospital because I thought I was dying. (Which is where I found out about the muscle spasms and inflammation, of course.)
I told the attending about all that I was doing and she applauded my efforts and told me to keep doing what I was doing. She said my body would adjust and she gave me some muscle relaxers (that don't make me feel sleepy but are still strong) and told me to take ibuprofen or something similar for the inflammation. She checked my heart and lungs in various ways to be sure.
Other than some serious anxiety boosting my heart rate and blood pressure really high, I was fine.
She also recommended some stretches, but I've already been doing the ones she recommended, so she said 3x a day is best. She said even as she just barely touched my back she could feel how stiff/tense my muscles were.

That was Sunday, now it's Wednesday and I'm going to try exercising again. (She said the muscle relaxer would make it worse for the first 3 days, so I didn't want to exacerbate the issue.)

About to go work out for my usual 67 minutes and then add another 20 minutes of yoga before I go to bed later (to get in the stretches she recommended).
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote