View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #49
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/127/125

Height: 5'2"

Apropos our recent conversation regarding cortisol, weight loss, and how to improve one's stress level, I thought you all would appreciate the photo I came across while surfing FB yesterday: a prairie dog in a posture of meditative repose (but eyes open), with the caption "Come on Inner Peace, I don't have all day." Yep, that's me to a T.

Quiet weekend here too. One DS had a sleepover (at our house), another went to a birthday party, and the oldest went to a friend's HS graduation party. It's official: my kids lead a more active social life than I do. I am now just the chauffeur.

My weekend project was to figure out how to create a mosquito-proof, covered zone on our deck since we are constantly being chased indoors by the sun and the bugs (we live a few hundred feet from a river). I think I've found a solution, but will need the help of a handyman to install it so it won't collapse next winter:
Once that is in place, I will go ahead with purchase of a new outdoor dining table and some rocker chairs to complete what I hope will be a more hospitable outdoor habitat for us. I'm sick of hiding inside all summer.

You don't drown in the river by falling in, but by failing to get back up.

Last edited by neurodoc : 06-01-2014 at 07:35 PM.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote