Old 05-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #9
Ruth Ann
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/132/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
WOOT Time flies then its time for new volume lol
You're right! And I still can't believe how great you are looking - you go girl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureFitChick View Post
Hi, 100%ers!

I am in need of some refocusing and recommitment and I could use some inspiration from you!

Life has been really stressful for a while due to some self-imposed stress, but I have abused food to cope. Not so good.

Thanks!
Sorry to hear you've been stressed - self-imposed or not, it's hard to deal with.

I try to remind myself when I want to eat and know it's because of stress that that kind of eating hasn't really solved anything in the past and there's no reason to think it will in the present. Just makes me even more stressed.

So hang in there - staying OP through stress can help you feel better. You feel so empowered when you have your eating under control!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
FutureFitCheck = You are right at the point that if you keep going, you will be able to walk into any clothing store and buy off the rack. That feeling is so wonderful and it lasts for a long time.

For me, not being in plus sizes, being in regular sizes, was something that I had not been able to do since I was married 25 years ago. I felt like a real person and knew that people were not staring, ignoring, or commenting on my size.

Hang in there so that you can experience that, too. It really gets addictive and it is much more fun to be addicted to new clothes (even if they are from a thrift store) than food!
You got it! Going in and actually choosing styles you like instead of what will fit is so awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Amen to that Schenectady! I just cannot get over the fun of being able to look at anything. I no longer feel like people are going to kick me out of the regular size departments; it's unreal. I was at a church yard sale last weekend and scored a pair of black leather knee high boots for $5! Like new. The lady working there said that several women had tried them on, but they found them a bit too slim to work. That was shocking information because, as some of you may know, I have been known to call my calves "ham hocks." I felt truly elated after that --

FutureFitChick -- Keep going! You are so close to that point! I liken this kind of weight loss to climbing a hill. Then you get to the top and, at some point, momentum takes over and it gets easier (at least for a bulk of it). Keep going!! We're here for you.
Great analogy! And hooray for boots!

Started maintenance 05/03/2014

Nothing is impossible. In fact, the word itself says 'I'm Possible'! - Aubrey Hepburn