Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 AM   #1  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Smile 25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3

If your looking to lose 25/30 lbs of weight, and want to share and support others with similar goals, this is the place for you. We welcome you to this thread.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 AM   #2  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Smile Stages of Change

Making Positive Changes In Your Life, Part I

See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stages of Change.jpg (61.1 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #3  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

Time for me to join in!!! I just discovered this tread, then you closed the thread! anyhoo, Looked at the scale today and 14.6! (204lbs i think) so its going down ( i will update my ticker when i get home, at work atm!) forward we go! trying to lose around 30lbs (i like being modest to be honest because i've never been this skinny before) but i presume i can probs lose more!

how are we doing today?! the weather is absolutely wretched here and I am glued to my cup of tea whenever i got the chance!

xxx
Old 05-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi losers, and welcome Sorrow (what a sad name!). You have really done well so far! BTW, how much weight is a stone??

I've really been trying and have lost a couple of pounds already. It's been beautiful outside so I've been working and planting in the yard to keep myself from parking in front of the TV and mindlessly eating. Also have been trying to walk 1 - 2 miles per day outside. My short term goal is to get under 170 lbs!

Anyone hear of green tea being good for raising metabolism and weight loss? I think I might try it.

Carol Sue, I do remember you from before! Hope you're doing well and re-committed to mindful eating!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 05-08-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 05:56 PM   #5  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Corinna - Thanks for starting the new thread and keeping this going - it is such a source of support

WebWoman - Congrats on your marathon, and I hope your blister is healed for Saturday - so much energy inspires me to get out and get moving!
I have heard that the effects of green tea as a metabolism booster and weight loss aid are minimal at best, however there are a lot of other healthy benefits to drinking green tea!

Sorrow - welcome, and keep up the good work. We are very close in the numbers, so lets keep encouraging each other, moving down!!

I have had a rough couple of days - I cooked with soy sauce the other night, and woke up the next morning puffed up like a marshmallow. I have been limiting my salt intake (one of my worst vices) and soy sauce is loaded with sodium!! Yesterday and today I have been drinking extra water trying to flush it out, and we shall see at weigh-in on Saturday how that's working out - I do feel better already.

Jude
Old 05-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Just wanted to pop in and say hi and welcome to the new members! Hope everyone has a good weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #7  
Comes with Warning Label

S/C/G: 17st3/15st2/14st

Height: 5ft 7

OH sorry, a stone is 14lbs (we use stone here in the UK, but to be fair i originally come from a country where they actually use metrics like kilos and grams, so its all new to me too!)

also realised i am not 50+ but am i still ok to post here ?

hope you ladies are having a lovely time, the sun is finally shining here and it makes me feel less miserable!
Old 05-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello all...my feet are healing nicely and I will walk in the 5K tomorrow! My official day to weigh in is Tuesday, so hope to see good results.

Jollyjude, I have the same problem puffing up after eating Chinese or salty foods like pizza. I try to make them at home now using low sodium ingredients. Hang in there and keep drinking H2O!

Sorrow, you are quite welcome to join us even if you're not 50...heck, I still don't feel 50! I think no matter our age we all feel younger in spirit...somewhere in the mid-20's for me!

Hello to Renee and Corinna!
Old 05-10-2014, 06:32 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Down another.8 lbs. Slow, but steady. Hope everyone is doing well. have a great week!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Andi, I drink Green Tea, but only sporatically because I don't really think it does anything for weight. But it is healthy, and you can't go wrong drinking it.

Since we talked, I had a 20 lb gain. I've gone back to low-carb eating and have lost 8 lbs of that 20. I try every trick in the book, but always come back to low carb, because that's what works for me. Being diabetic, it also does wonders for my blood sugar.

So is today weigh-in here? If so, I was at 195 this morning after a perfect low carb day yesterday!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:10 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 138/134/118

Height: 5' 2"

The scale doesn't lie. I haven't had a good last 4 days. I too often let a small 'slip' lead into a full-blown 'what's-the-point? who cares?' downward spiral.
It's frustrating.
Hindsight is always full of truth & regret...but in the presence of temptation truth seems to have no power. It shouldn't be that way
I am such a yo-yo in my self-control. Like my good self-control days are just there to tease me, not to actually lead to freedom. I'm tired of my swings, but I know I won't give up even though I don't feel a lot of hope at the moment.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

I'm so glad I saw this thread! What a great idea.

My backstory is this: My highest starting weight was around 220 lbs. I'm only 5' tall so that's a lot of weight to carry. I felt sluggish, lazy, and my body suffered from on-and-off aches. After a particularly tough day, the light went on. I didn't want to live like this anymore, not for one more day. Fast forward a couple of years, I proceeded to lose nearly 80 lbs. with a good, clean diet and lots of different types of exercise. I became a runner, and if not a fast one, a consistent one. I got down to 143 and remained there for several months. A job promotion, increased responsibilities and stress due to the job, and some romantic woes, has led to a 40 pound re-gain. In the process of my re-gain I've suffered some knee issues which has curtailed the running and my exercise on the elliptical. I've had to re-think everything about how I go about losing the extra weight this time. It hasn't been easy that's for sure and I struggle with rediscovering that initial spark, that laser sharp focus that I maintained for so long. Psychologically, I just don't know how to get to that place again.

Yet, I haven't given up. I recognize that I've kept off nearly 40 pounds and I still regularly exercise. 25/30 pounds is the number that's been swirling in my head for months so I'm thrilled to see a thread devoted to it.

We can do this! to you all!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvynotlumpy View Post
I'm so glad I saw this thread! What a great idea.

My backstory is this: My highest starting weight was around 220 lbs. I'm only 5' tall so that's a lot of weight to carry. I felt sluggish, lazy, and my body suffered from on-and-off aches. After a particularly tough day, the light went on. I didn't want to live like this anymore, not for one more day. Fast forward a couple of years, I proceeded to lose nearly 80 lbs. with a good, clean diet and lots of different types of exercise. I became a runner, and if not a fast one, a consistent one. I got down to 143 and remained there for several months. A job promotion, increased responsibilities and stress due to the job, and some romantic woes, has led to a 40 pound re-gain. In the process of my re-gain I've suffered some knee issues which has curtailed the running and my exercise on the elliptical. I've had to re-think everything about how I go about losing the extra weight this time. It hasn't been easy that's for sure and I struggle with rediscovering that initial spark, that laser sharp focus that I maintained for so long. Psychologically, I just don't know how to get to that place again.

Yet, I haven't given up. I recognize that I've kept off nearly 40 pounds and I still regularly exercise. 25/30 pounds is the number that's been swirling in my head for months so I'm thrilled to see a thread devoted to it.

We can do this! to you all!
Just realized I'm not 50+ either. Still alright to post?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:47 PM   #14  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

Found the new thread!
Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
4/13 = 215.6 = -7.4
4/21 = 215.4, -.2 this week = -7.6
4/26 = 215.2 = -7.8
5/4 = 214.8 = -8.2
5/10 = 214.5 = -8.5
Old 05-10-2014, 02:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Weigh-in today - down 2.6 lbs this week

Renee & AAD, steady is good - moving the right direction

Curvynotlumpy, of course you can post - age is not nearly as important as the support and encouragement we can give each other.

Julystar, please hang in there and do not give up hope. I am sure we all have bad days, but please try to focus on how you feel when you have those GOOD days. I know this is what has been working for me to make the right choices (I hate feeling crappy when I have bad days) Take it one day at a time (or one hour at a time if necessary) and know we are here for you

WebWoman, enjoy your 5K today - hopefully no blisters this time!

Wishing a good week to all,
Jude
Closed Thread