View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #95
canadjineh

S/C/G: 163/131/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMarie View Post
IE...intuitive eating. I think it's basically, eat when you're hungry and what you want but stop when you're full and don't eat if you aren't hungry. At least from my understanding.
A very useful idea, but so many people confuse thirst, emotional need, etc for actual hunger. Best way is to ask your self if you are hungry enough to eat (insert a non-favorite but healthy food here). If you are, then go for that food. If not, then you aren't really hungry; what you REALLY want is something else, emotional soothing, a big glass of water, etc. Then realize it and fulfill that need in a non-food way; call a friend, take a walk, drink the water in a fancy crystal wineglass.

I know, easier said than done. But real health means being in tune with what our bodies (and minds - emotional health) require and not just defaulting to 'food.' North Americans are some of the most overfed people on the planet - we need to get a grip.

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014

Last edited by canadjineh : 04-07-2014 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added - (minds - emotional health)
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote