View Single Post
Old 04-06-2014, 08:30 PM   #139
Tafadhali

S/C/G: 255/208/??

Height: 5'4"

I am done with week 8!!

I can't believe I'm almost done with C25k. My 13 year old son has stuck to the program too. It's been so neat to have him running with me. I'm really proud of him.

It was 50*, windy and drizzling when we ran today. I felt so dedicated to my cause!! LOL

My phone has gone missing (I suspect my 2 year old is involved) so I didn't have my app to run with. Not that I really need it now. I timed with a watch and we ran right about 29 minutes. We covered 2.31 miles, so we improved our time a little even. Ya know, slow to slightly less slow. Ha!

There is a Relay for Life glow 5k in a town close to me this coming Sat. night. It falls on the day we'd planned to run the last run of C25K. I think my son and I are going to go for it and sign up. There's a timed run, an untimed run and a fun walk. Runners/walkers start fastest to slowest in 10 min intervals. We already go much further than 5k total on our run days (close to 4 miles total with walking). I figure the worse case, we walk the end. I just think the timing of the race is so cool, and it's a good cause. Can ya tell I'm still talking myself into not being too embarrassed to do it?

Very pretty pictures Ellador, thanks for sharing. If I get a chance I'll take and post some too. It'd be neat if everyone posted where they run.

Yay YoAdrian for breaking into the 160s!! I know exactly how good it feels and how important that is even if the scale difference is small. The mental difference is important.

Yay 2 miles JustRunning!!! Good job!!

Happy trails y'all.

Last edited by Tafadhali : 04-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Tafadhali is offline   Reply With Quote