Old 10-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

Default 290s accountability

Hi all

I'm getting started here again, up more than 50lbs from where I left off last time Any ladies in my same weight range interested in a daily(ish) check in?
ShelBl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:55 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I will! I have been up and down the same 20/30 pounds MULTIPLE times this year. I need to change my ticker (tomorrow! I promise!) but I'll weigh in with you!
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #3  

Sounds great! What are your weigh in days? I've bounced back and forth between Monday and Friday.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello!

I would like to post here too- I am much in need of some accountability. I have gotten out of the 290's many times only to bounce back up. I am hoping this time is the last time! I just changed my stats back to where they really are at and reset my goals.

Hope you have a great day!
CeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #5  

Hi all!

I tend to weigh in every day. I know for some people, that doesn't work. I don't get crazy over daily fluctuations and tend to only "count" Mondays (and change my ticker). If I start avoiding the scale...well, you can see what happens.

My weight this morning was 292. This is my cut off. The reality is that if I don't do something, my doctor is going to put me on Metformin in two months and I DO NOT WANT that. In fact, I'd like to get OFF of the blood pressure meds I'm already on, I certainly don't want to stack more meds for more issues!

Right now my two goals are to write everything down and weigh every day. I'd like to stay between 1500 and 1800 calories. Very simple. Wish me luck, and same to you guys!

Off to change my ticker. BOO.

Last edited by TheSecondHalf; 10-28-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #6  

Happy Monday to everyone!

Welcome, CeeJay. Happy to have you!

TSH, I hear you on the meds. I look at my pill box now and I'm all -_- Time to start paring that down.

294.2 today. I updated my tracker on Friday, so I'll likely stick to that instead of making myself neurotic.

Gorged myself on Mexican food last night, even after eating a huge all veggie salad to prevent it I was miserable after, and miserable during, yet I still did it. I think figuring out the whys of that would go a long way toward making permanent changes.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #7  

Good morning ShelBl and TheSecondHalf

I had 2 days where I did everything I committed to doing. That felt good. Planning on making it 3 days in a row today. I am trying to do lots of positive self talk for even the small things. Like most people I think I am very apt to beat myself up when I am not eating healthy but don't pay attention enough when I am doing fine. So- I am trying to be my own internal coach and really notice the positives.

ShelBl I know what you mean about overeating and feeling bad while doing it but still doing it anyway. I don't know why I do it, I think though that eating salt/fat/sugar is just incredibly soothing for some of us. That feels true for me.

Wishing you both a great day!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #8  

Hello! I overslept (thank you, Cold Medicine!) and woke up in a blind panic so today I did not weigh myself. Whoops.

I think I'm going to have to make some new rules for myself - I don't eat pasta, I don't eat rice, I don't eat potato chips. I can do great for days, no problem, everything on auto-pilot, not even have to think about keeping myself on track and then someone puts a plate of pasta rice based food in front of me, or the chips and salsa make an appearance, or maybe it's hot fresh bread and not only will I over eat on THAT, but it's like I can't get satisfied for MORE MORE MORE the rest of the day. It would be easier by far to skip it in the first place.

So you heard it here first, I don't eat bread, rice, or pasta. I don't like them as much as I'd like to fit back into my clothes!
Old 10-29-2013, 04:01 PM   #9  

Good afternoon ladies!

No weighing myself today. I totally forgot, need to get in the habit.

Made a panzanella salad with chicken to take to work for lunch. Sandwich and fries and so much junk yesterday. I work with a company that's restaurant and food based, and people are constantly ordering delivery though our options are limited to Chinese/Thai, four pizza places, and sandwiches/burgers. Trying hard to bring things and only allowing myself to order with the group once a week!!

There are also ALWAYS treats. Someone bringing something in or the company getting us goodies. So much food everywhere, all the time!!! :0

I did juice for a while and I've been working on more salads and things. I'm to the point now that if I don't get the greens and veggies, my body craves them. Good point to be at!!

Have a fabulous, good choice filled day!
Old 10-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #10  

Good morning ladies!!!

295.4 -_-

Just found out that Hubby just got another job which means he's going to be moving departments middle of next month. No more graveyards, weekends off so we'll finally have a day off together again! Yay!

Going to Brazilian steakhouse to celebrate. AYCE meat. Yikes.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

Well the scale said 290 this morning. That's a woosh for sure. We will see tomorrow if I am up again. Whatever, it will be back down again.

I am having a great week so far. Putting a lot of effort into making sure I keep on plan. So I need to figure out how to keep it up when I am in super-busy mode.

TheSecondHalf-you sound like me in your troubles with bread, pasta, chips etc. I also need to really watch the carbs.

ShelBl- great news about your DH's job. I also have to constantly battle food at work. It seems every meeting involves food. It gets annoying to have to constantly deal with this.

Have a great day tomorrow!
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #12  

Happy Halloween!!!

293.5 today. It can't make up it's mind!!

CeeJay, I hope you'll still chat with us when you're under the 90s! I'm excited for you to break it.

TSH, kind of quiet!! Hope all is well with you.

Have a great, willpower-against-candy-filled day!
Old 11-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #13  

Hello, all! I'm still the same - plus sinus infection. Ugh. Yuck! How many calories in Mucinex?
Old 11-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #14  

TSH - No fun! Hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-02-2013, 11:42 AM   #15  

Thank you! I gave myself a day to be lazy and whine about it, but I've got to move on. If life stopped every time I had a sinus infection...well, I'd be dead, I guess ;-) I have ZERO voice, which my family is enjoying.

I can't remember what I was to begin with (I know I hit 294 one morning and nearly died down dead right there in the bathroom) but I'm 290 this morning. Who wants to eat when you can not taste! Although I did make a pretty slammin chili for Halloween, which was the last thing I could really taste.

It rained for Halloween so I have a lot of candy left over (multiple 150 piece bags of the good stuff) but candy isn't really my thing. That is not to say I won't get a wild hair and eat some, but my husband is eating handfuls every night. It's got to go.