Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - January 16th

Good Morning Everyone,

Happy Birthday Jamie what are you doing today, anything special?

I am leaving work early today to get my hair done

Its a cold one here in NJ its 1 degree with a wind chill of minus 35 below....burrrrrrrr. Not only does your face hurt when your out in this crap, your lungs hurt !!

I'll catch up later w/y'all.

Hugs, Leenie

Watcha all doing this weekend ?
Old 01-16-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Hi Leens, it's cold here in WI also. We're at 18 degrees but w/the wind it's more like 6 out. Yup, still above 0 but colder than . lol.

Hi everyone

I had lost 3 pounds one day and gained 1 back and now haven't lost a thing. Hopefully when I do my measuring tomorrow it shows inches gone at least. But hey, I'm ok w/that. My youngest gave me the BEST compliment this morning. She gave me my morning hug and said "WOW, I can reach my arms around you!". That was SOOO cool!!. Hubby's started saying "um, you don't need to lose anymore weight. you're fine the way you are.". Not sure what's up w/that one. Oh well, he knows that I need to lose more to be healthy

Hope you all have a great day
Brenda

Ps. Nothing special planned this weekend. Unless you count going to a "naughty party" special? ugh. sister-in-law invited me. I'm going just to laugh at my mother-in-law.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #3  

Mornin' Y'all!

Yep, it's official here too...it's definately winter. Hard to believe a week ago we broke records here with temps in the mid 70's...today it's 32. Which is nothing compared to further north, but for here that's COLD *LOL*

I'm in my 12th day of induction so I hopped on the scales for the first time...I gotta tell ya, I was bummed..only 4 pounds lost

I'm planning on taking the boys to the rec center so we call all get memberships. My office is only about 10 mins away so I'm thinking I can go during my lunch hour and swim, walk, whatever....I'm a couch potato so I definately need the exercise. I've had 2 lower back surgeries so I'm just limited as to certain things I can do.

Well, the fax machine's off and running ......and so am I. Y'all have a great day...Pray for
Old 01-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #4  
Movin' and Losin'

Jamie: I hope you have the happiest of birthdays!!

Leens: Stay warm! Brrrr!

Lady: I don't know why men have such issues with the woman in their lives losing weight... I've read that it makes them feel like their going to lose you to another man if you become more desireable by losing weight. So, it preys on their insecurities, I guess!

BizzyLizzy: Congrats on losing four pounds! Every bit helps!

I'm trying to get into work this morning, but I'm not feeling too motivated since the "insult raise." Oh, well. I guess an insulting raise is better than no salary at all!

It seems like every two to three weeks, I break down and have a higher carb meal. And, it seems like that's when I lose weight. Maybe I need to vary my amounts of carbs more?? Maybe increase the total to 30 grams some days, while staying lower others?? I'm not sure... Last night, I had the best Cuban meal -- salad, steak and onions and red beans (and a few bites of Cuban bread ). I love Cuban food -- yum!! My total number of carbs was probably around 36??? Well, I officially weigh-in at TOPS, but the scale seems to be lower this morning than it's been in awhile...

Oh, and I ended up getting "15-Minute Low-Carb Recipes." (It was free!) I'm really excited about trying some of the recipes. It will give me some more variety. I can't wait to try the creamed spinach -- it sounds delicious!

Hope everyone has a great day today! (Jamie's Birthday!!! Yay!!!)

Take care,
Jina
Old 01-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #5  

Good morning all. I am officially wearing my size 12 jeans and love the way they fit. Very happy! I also weighed myself this morning.....very sheepishly and surprisingly I was down a pound. That means I only have 1 more to go to lose the holiday gain! Happy about that too

If I work really hard I should be planted in the 150's very soon! I need to get off my butt and move for cryin out loud. I have done nothing to help with our Equator Trek. hanging head in shame.................

I have Monday off so I am psyched for a long weekend. I think dh is going to go to work so I will have most of the day to myself
We have a busy weekend planned too.....dinner with friends on Saturday night and the Patriots game of course on Sunday....it will be nice to sleep in another day on Monday. I may actually get to start back on my scrapbooking.

BizzyLizzy: Don't be discouraged. I am the worlds slowest loser. I only lost 5 pounds during the 2 weeks of strict induction. But I have stuck with it and slowly but surely it is coming off. Yours will too......be careful of your back please.

lady_adnerb: We are at -5 in MA today. bbbbbrrrrrrr It is supposed to warm up by Sunday. Oh joy! Don't let dh get you, he probably is afraid you will get too gorgeous and you will leave him.....I jokingly told my dh this morning after I weighed myself and found another pound gone that I was going to be thinner and more beautiful and leave him and find someone who really loves me ...ha ha....and who will let me buy the new bedroom furniture I want.... He just said "that's nice dear, you do that"

Leens: My hair needs to be cut ....and colored ...so bad. My stylist of 27 years....yes that's right...I went to the same guy for 27 years...just retired and is moving to the Carolina's with his wife and all I got was the same card all the customers got...no little extra note on the card or anything....I am still steaming. Now I have to find a new stylist. I just made an appt with a new salon for next Saturday. I know some women that go there so I am hoping it will be ok. I am going to try and not settle into just one person for a while...shop around and see who I REALLY like.

Well, it's about time I started working....have a great day all.

Last edited by jane8760; 01-16-2004 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:37 AM   #6  

Sorry jdoggmartin you came in just ahead of me.......don't let the thing with the raise get you. I have learned in life that it really doesn't matter as long as you have enough to live comfortably. Would I love to make more...sure...but I do ok and I am alright with that. At my company everyone gets the same raise. It is so stupid. We have to fill out a review on ourselves on-line and then our manager does the same thing. We talk on the phone about it all and then in the end it doesn't matter if you were THE BEST employee in the world...you get the same as everyone else. Of course I am sure management gets more...but I don't want there jobs anyway.

Last edited by jane8760; 01-16-2004 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 09:47 AM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

No time to chat right now..
Just wanted to wish Jamie a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Hope your day is full of fun and you get lots of hugs and kisses from your family.
Enjoy!!!

Old 01-16-2004, 09:56 AM   #8  
Pure Energy

Hi, just got home from work and wanted to pop in and thank you for the early morning b-day wishes. I caved and ended up eating cake and ice cream at work but I'm okay with that. I'm over it and back on plan. Got to go to bed and then I'll get up this afternoon. Hopefully it will be a nice day. Thanks for the wishes. Y'all are sweetie pateeties!
Old 01-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #9  
The Princess O' Pets

Good moring ladies!!!
Happy Birthday Jamie!!

Jina: I got those kind of raises at my old work and I know how you feel it does hurt since alot of times that is how you get recognition for job well done!! I always said well is it worth living with??? Or should I look for something better?? They should be HAPPY to have such a caring individual such as yourself working for them!!!!

Lady, Leens, Kim , Bizzy, Good morng to all of you and happy Low carbing today!!! For the new ladies YOU WILL DO IT!!! Kepp on keepin on! and a big "YOU GO GIRL" to everyone!!!!

I will check in tonight, going to survive day 3 of training!! (actually the training is fun it is full-time I am surviving!) ((((HUGS))))) to all of you.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:20 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!!
The 30's are really wonderful!!

Just checking in with a quick note... the WHOOSH FAIRY has arrived again! I am down another 1.5 pounds this morning! 3 weeks of nothing then 5 pounds in 5 days! WOO HOO!! And my size 10 jeans are starting to get loose!

I have to go in to the allergist today for my Cat/Dog testing. I know I have been allergic since long before my kids were born, but I had been on shots (actually stopped the shots now) for 7 years and seem to have lost the cat allergy but still react to some dogs. Since we want to get a dog soon, I am getting retested to see where I am at, and what I can do to help myself before I get a pet and have issues.

My son has a hamster. Hes had him for 1.5 years now. Well, we have just discovered that Stanley (the hamster) is dying. Or at least so my DH says. (hes the expert having hamsters as a child) He wont eat or drink and when he does make an appearance out of his bedding, he winces all the time. This is Tylers first pet and he is absolutly devistated!! I am too actually. I hate to see him in pain, but DH wont spend the $$ on a hamster to have him put down. Which I guess I can see.. but still!!!

Jina - Im sorry to hear about your raise being so small! I would be mad too! MY DH hasnt had a raise in 3 years, and 3 years ago he had to take a 5% cut. Now his company has been bought out and supposedly he is getting a raise at the end of the month, but we shall see what it could possibly be!

Kim - to answer your question, I had TOM this week!

Jane - Woo HOO on that pound down!

Liz - I didnt lose that much on induction either. It took a while to get my body into the swing of it. but once it does.. man it starts to come off! Hang in there with it!

Brenda - I know the lose three gain one back and hold pattern well! It happend to me! Many times. Drink lots of water and it will come off! As for DH, he will come around! I have lost 35 and have 35-40 more to go ANd DH always tells me that I need to stop.. but then he sees my totals and knows what the doctor said, and says hes proud and to keep up the good work. I think he just isnt used to seeing it come off so fast!

Leens - It is finally warming up here! It was 41 this morning! I need to have my hair highlighted again! Have fun getting yours done!

I just realized something! I am about 1/2 way to goal! In my mind I want to be 125, but 130 is my point to stop and reassess that last 5....

I cant believe it!

Well.. I am off! I will check in later!

Hugs to all!!

Last edited by KarenW; 01-16-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:10 PM   #11  
Head Princess

This is going to be short. I'm in the biggest waste of time meeting but need to look like I'm paying attention.

Happy Birthday, Jamie!

DH works at the bar tonight so the great goal for the day is to avoid drinking!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #12  

I just popped on during my lunch break....I want to say to you all thank you sooooooo much for the support. It really helped me feel like I'm not the only one. Hugs to you all!!

And Happy Birthday, Jamie!!
Old 01-16-2004, 12:59 PM   #13  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Angry Lunchtime For Froufy

Hi Everyone,

..and a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Jamie - you go girl - and enjoy your 30's - it will be great and momentous!

Star - what about trying out some of that new "lemonade" at the bar tonight?

Karen - you are melting right before our eyes - almost time for another shopping trip? Let me know how the testing goes! I am also allergic to almost all animals (especially bad with cats)...but I would of course LOVE a pet bunny - and was thinking of getting retested again to see if there has been a change (since childhood I think?).

Jane - congrats on the pound off - and it seems you will soon hit those 150's.. I envy your long weekend!

Leens - hope the hairdo is fun!...and talking about cold - stop complaining everyone...it's about minus 22 degrees here and they say with the windchill it feels like minus 34..and I can vouch for that!

Lady - what a sweet child to give you that compliment - dh is just not used to the new you yet - give him time!

BizzyLizzy - hang in there - weight loss really varies...how much weight in total do you want to lose? And I too am a big couch potato and need to make great commitments to move this chubby body!

Jina - too bad about the "small" raise - but at least it's a raise and a new title right? My new job is just considered "lateral"...so will be making the same salary, but spending more on gas (it's a bit farther from home) and double the amount on parking ($115/month) so I'm no farther ahead - have to focus on the experience I'm gaining, not the $$$

Theo's girl - sounds like you're surviving the training and full time job - bet you're glad it's Friday!

It is my last day here at this job, and my cubicle is a mess...boxes everywhere, files and papers spilling all over. Have another debrief meeting this pm to hand over more files - and some paperwork to do before I leave. Will need help getting to my car as I have some boxes and my coffeemaker to take home - did I mention the gorgeous gift I got? A beautiful rectangular beige old fashioned looking planter with several plants in there (hosta, fern, ivy)....and luckily I have a window in my new place and will try not to kill this beautiful thing! I love it!

Had a farewell team meeting this morning - I am trying not to be sad or cry when I leave. I am excited now to start my new job - visited the facilities yesterday (see thursday's thread for more details!)....but I am scared to death of the things they are planning for me to do - I feel pretty useless and I'm thinking how long will it take till they realize I am just fooling them (a little shot of self esteem needed I guess?)

Tomorrow is our 6th anniversary - and I believe we are overnighting somewhere other than home? (hotel downtown perhaps?)...no details yet, just know I have to be ready around 2 pm!

No roses yet - dh usually sends some, but as I am leaving this office I can see the point of waiting!

Having trouble staying on plan these days - usually okay, but then one or two high carb/non atkins things lands in my mouth - almost every day this week! What's up with that? Not feeling very motivated......now I am realizing perhaps it is the STRESS OF LEAVING HERE AND STARTING A NEW JOB? I'm a genius!

Probably going out for anniversary dinner tomorrow night so there may be a couple of splurges there.....looking forward to Monday and restarting yet again.....

Hope everyone is geared up for a great weekend - Jamie any plans/celebrations?

Froufy

Last edited by Froufy; 01-16-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2004, 03:42 PM   #14  
Head Princess

Default Warning: I WILL ramble on!

Finally some time to write this all out!

Last night at class, I was sitting next to this girl and we started talking. She made mention that she had a surgery about a year ago that has ruined her alcohol tolerance and it really bums her out. I couldn't resist and so I asked her what kind of surgery it was. Turns out she had a gastric bypass. I almost fell over! She weighed around 300 pounds before the surgery and is in the area of 150 now. I got lots of good education on the whole thing (she even showed me her excess tummy skin). I'm so grateful that I was able to find this woe before I got that far! It was a really great experience!

My mother is seriously pissing me off. The woman can never be happy with me. Before I started Atkins, she was always concerned about how fat I was. Then when I lost the first 20-25 pounds, she switched to "You're looking better, but you've still got a ways to go before you look good". Now she's telling me that she thinks I'm anorexic and that I'm exercising too much. Not only that, but she's emailing me a bunch of crap from random, uninformed people with no credentials whatsoever about how bad low carb is. She claims that she just wants my opinion on it, but for 's sake! I'm getting to a healthy weight. I'm developing a healthy lifestyle. Can't she just be happy for me?

I don't really buy into the "she's just jealous" thing. I really think she just doesn't know how to deal with me making good, healthy choices in my life. And all by myself to boot. She hates to lose control

Whew! I feel better!

Jina - I'd be pissed about the "raise", too! Sounds like they gave you a "promotion" (aka more work) and then threw a few pennies at you to make it look ok. I'd march my fanny into my boss's office/cube/whatever and tell them that there is a need to renegotiate the terms of my employment. Ok, maybe not quite like that, but there's nothing wrong with saying that you expect more. There's all this talk about how men get paid more than women. The sad truth is that most employers are willing to pay more, but we don't ask for (or demand) it! So talk to him/her. The worst that can happen is that they say no. Or you could walk out with a more satisfactory paycheck.

Hang in there, Froufy! Stress sucks, but you can work it to your advantage! Hope you like your new job!
Old 01-16-2004, 04:46 PM   #15  

StarPrincess: I guess I should be thankful that my mom isn't like that...in fact as soon as I started Atkins she said maybe she should do it. She is 78 years old and has sticks for legs! Ya mom you need Atkins.....just stop eating peanut butter crackers everyday
Really though I'm sorry you can't get the support you want from your mother. That is so important. Just try and ignore as best you can.

My husband knows this guy who is waiting to have the gastric surgery done...he has to wait until he is 450 pounds before they will do the surgery because the OR table will hold no more than 500 pounds.....CAN YOU IMAGINE.
Closed Thread