Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 03:48 PM   #1  

Default Ideal Protein Newcomers introduce yourself here!

Hey all. Our newcomer thread was over 500 posts so I started this new one.

These are all of the newcomer's posts from today:

Welcome all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Welcome MaggieMaggieMay!!
I'm glad we have each other to support along this journey! Also glad to see a fellow Canadian, too! Good to see you're having good results so far with the program. Here's to a new us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMaggieMay View Post
Hello eveyone - I am brand new to this website and the ideal protein diet. This is day 4 for me and I am down almost 7 lbs - so I am highly motivated. Would love to share this journey with others. I am so tired of being overweight!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahlahb View Post
Hi All,

I am new to IP although I used a similar program to lose over 100 pounds 8 years ago. I have regained much of that and am committed to finally losing the excess weight and keeping it off. I am on my second day but doing okay. It is extremely helpful that I know what to expect. I am very excited about IP and the differences that I see from my previous plan.
It is wonderful to have access to such supportive and experienced people in this forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suepooh19 View Post
I love this site and am so thankful that I found it!! I am on day 4 of IP , I am so hoping for a loss when I weigh in.. I have severe food allegergies to nuts, peanuts , and seafood.
so I take take the vegetarian,no seafood omega3,
and I am thinking that I will not be able to eat any of the bars that everybody is raving about. Can anybody with allergies give me some insight
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
I'm also new to this site - and looking for an on-line group for support. I am following the concepts of IP without the purchase of the food. I have an underactive thyroid so find it extremely difficult to lose weight. I did great my first month on this new plan (Feb, 2014) and lost 8lbs and 7 inches. I'm only 5 feet tall and would like to lose 40-45lbs. I weighed today and was up 2lbs - totally deflated me but I know this plan is the only way I can lose the weight. I have tried many diets with only a small amount of weight lost, and then I lose interest and motivation. I am interested in hearing if anyone else has struggles with the IP protocol and hypothyroidism. Is it more of a slow process if you have thyroid issues? It seems other people I have read about are losing more each week than I am. May be it has to do with the amount I need to lose? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

H all and welcome! I am a returnee and "rebooting." that's getting back on the Ideal Protein Plan to lose some weight that you gained.

Runnergirl - I have hypothyroid but am on 2 medications for it (T3 - synthroid and T4, big long name.) It is important to be monitored and get medication if you need it. Same with blood sugar. I fought my doctor about going on Metformin for years. Finally, when I started seeng an endocrinologist, he said to go on the Metformin and put me on the second thyroid med. It has all helped me lose weight. It didn''t make it easy but made it less impossible- I guess lke a normal person. As for the IP diet - very good for both people with low thyroid (though I emphasize - get thee to the doctor) and high blood sugar. I found that the weeks I didn't loss weight, I was over eating. Are you weighing your protein? Measuring your salad dressing? Hang in there. it willl work if you stick with it!

Last edited by deelee10; 03-08-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-08-2014, 02:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

I am on Day 5 and I can't wait til Tuesday for my first weigh in. I am hoping I will lose something. I had my husband hide my scale since Day 1 so that I will be surprised. I've read so many great successes with IP. I'm almost afraid to be hopeful since I've failed so many times over the years to lose weight.

Pauline
Old 03-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all! I started IP last Tuesday and my first weigh-in is Thursday. I don't actually own a scale, so I don't know how much I've lost. Pretty sure it's something, because I think my clothes are already starting to fit a little better. I found this forum a few days ago while searching recipes. (I'm having trouble with the 4 cups of veg per day.) You guys look like an awesome group!

Laura
Old 03-09-2014, 07:43 PM   #5  

Welcome Fearciuil and HulaChic

Jump right in on the Daily (weekend) chat. That is where everyone will get to know you and you'll get tons of support!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Default Starting tomorrow

Hi. I am starting IP for the first time tomorrow. I have somewhere between 40-60 lbs. I've been yo yo dieting for the past 11 years. When I was 19 I had a breast reduction with great results and it inspired me to get in shape. Unfortunately I have been up and down since then. I want to get a second br but stumbled across IP. I want to use the program as a lifestyle change. Hopefully when I reach goal I may not need the br, maybe just a lift, or nothing at all. Good luck to everyone on reaching their goals.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 PM   #7  

I started last Tuesday. I've been following to a T as my coach says first few days are hard to figure things out. I was in a rush for our first meeting and didn't get to ask a lot of questions. But I'm now on Day 5 and I'm really hungry today missing food. I'm hoping to see a reduction on Tuesday. I don't feel any weight loss so far at all. I'm 162 and hoping to get down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 in over 2 years and have put on aout 12 pounds since March or April when I gave up WW and just spiralled downwards emotionally. LOts of binge eating and way way too much. It is wierd how I don't crave wine whatsoever. Like its almost bizaare as I thought that would be my hardest part. I hear everyone has such amazing results. I hope I fall into that category too as I'm a really unstable yo yo dieter.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #8  

Question about letting others know. How public do you plan to be about your weight loss and do you think it helps to be more public (Facebook, Instagram)? Right now only close friends and family know. I wonder if going more public would make me more accountable and easier to stay on plan.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #9  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Hello all!

I'm on day 10, and knock on wood -so far so good! I haven't felt rotten yet, but neither have I felt a huge energy boost. I certainly feel more alert and less bloated, which is better than I felt before IP so I am pleased. It feels weird being able to stay awake until 9pm without caffeine!

Right now I'm working on keeping enough veggies on hand to eat and prepare in advance without hogging all the refrigerator space.

Lisa -Thank you for starting another newcomers thread!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #10  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome newcomers! Glad to have you aboard!

vpohani - hopefully the hunger will subside within a few days at least partially, it does for most people. In the meantime, hot tea and lots of lettuce help. If it gets really bad an extra unrestricted packet in the first week or so is allowed to help you out. Hang in there!

sapphire83 - I think it's up to to you how much you want others to know. I didn't tell anyone except close family and friends when I started but, of course, I couldn't keep it a secret. It's kind of noticeable that I've lost weight. :-) You can find great accountability here - post in the 100% thread and What Are you Eating thread. It will help you keep on track.

TurtleMom - Yeah, I never got the really huge energy boost either but I have a lot more energy now that I'm not carrying an extra 100+ lbs around! I hear you on the fridge space, I'm seriously considering a 2nd one!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #11  
Me back on the list!

S/C/G: 220/177/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
Question about letting others know. How public do you plan to be about your weight loss and do you think it helps to be more public (Facebook, Instagram)? Right now only close friends and family know. I wonder if going more public would make me more accountable and easier to stay on plan.
I, personally, have been extremely private about my weight loss. When, asked at functions, I usually say, "I choose to eat healthy." In my experience, a lot of people just want to give me their 2 cents, mostly negative, and not really listen to the details or that I am having tremendous success. What is the saying, "Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."

I also find that I am receiving so much support from my immediate family and the wonderful "peeps" on this forum, that I don't really need to share on social media.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:29 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegingham View Post
I, personally, have been extremely private about my weight loss. When, asked at functions, I usually say, "I choose to eat healthy." In my experience, a lot of people just want to give me their 2 cents, mostly negative, and not really listen to the details or that I am having tremendous success. What is the saying, "Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."

I also find that I am receiving so much support from my immediate family and the wonderful "peeps" on this forum, that I don't really need to share on social media.
Thanks. I like that answer. My pitfall in dieting is often "messing up" at social events and then spiraling from there. I think I will keep it off social media with the exception of this site.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 230.4/209.2/120

Height: 5'2"

I started IP Feb 1 & I've lost 20 lbs & ~20" overall also. It's not as much as I would've liked so I'm cutting out all unnecessary WF, Mi0, flavourings I possibly can to make this Maximize March!

I fell off the wagon slightly this weekend at a conference that was unavoidable. I'm back 100% OP today so we'll see how things go.

Last edited by qtpiemels; 03-10-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:27 PM   #14  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Phase 1 (Alternative)

I started this plan on 3/1/13, and I lost 6.5 lbs my first week! I know I won't lose this much per week as time goes on, but it's a great motivator!

I haven't had any headaches or nausea, but I have been more tired than usual. I have just started going to bed earlier for now

My cravings are starting to go away, which is awesome!

I really want to start walking every day, but according to a lot of peeps on here, it's best to wait a month before introducing exercise. I would love to hear more advice on this, though!

I love this forum and all of the support (and recipes!) it provides.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Started from the bottom now Im here!

Well I am a new member-AGAIN. Started yesterday. The awesome clinic I switched to in October lost its coach, she was like the whole reason I liked the new clinic because the first place I went to had a terrible coach. Anyhow, here I am.

My name is Sara. I am restarting here at 150lbs. Im ready to do this. I am a full time registered nurse in Anchorage, AK. I have scheduled my whole summer work schedule around running races so I have got to get my weight down for race season. I realize my training on phase 1 has to be cut wayyyy back. So for now, I am still doing one hard day a week (Im on a running team that meets once a week for track workouts) but its only a hard 90 min a week, I can handle that. Otherwise I am going to stick with workouts like pilates and walking, stuff that will keep me conditioned but not over exerting myself on phase 1.

I was so upset over the holidays because of my weight that my bf dumped me in early Jan. Ive been struggling with binge eating ever since. I want to get healthy for myself but of course I want him back so bad. He isn't speaking to me at all. I guess when Ive lost the weight I may try to contact him again. But for now I have to get healthy and take care of me.

Ok that's my life for now.
Closed Thread