View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:55 PM   #71
AwShucks
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Hey y'all! Look at all these happy runners!
Tonight was W7D2 - 25 minutes again. I have to admit, I was dreading it. I did a Barre strength training class before and we had a sub teacher who worked us a lot harder than our regular teacher does. Afterward, I wandered out to the track and it felt so hard to just get started. I really had doubts that I would finish. And, then... after about 8 minutes, it got easier, and by the time she said 1 minute left, I was feeling really good and thought I could go longer. (I didn't, of course! I'm not crazy!) One of the things I like about this is that it's all new territory for me. The feelings and the accomplishments are all new. It's a constant surprise!

Noshoes You're so close to "graduating!" Way to go! Do you run on a treadmill or outside? I can't wait to increase my speed, but not sure how that is going to happen. ha!

Lil Miss Keep on keeping on! Just do the next thing they tell you to do. I promise you'll be able to do it!

Magicsusan Yes, the feeling after you get started for a while is that it's just "happening". I'm not sure how it happens or why it happens, but it does, and you can just keep on going. I'm beginning to think that there's more of a mental game going on here than we realize. You just can't let the doubt, negativity, apathy, tiredness, or whatever stop you -- and if you don't, it all comes together and "works". There's probably a book somewhere about "the tao of running"...

Losing again since January 2012

"Tomorrow is a new day; You shall begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense." Ralph Waldo Emerson
(3.10.14) I resolve to lose the last 60lbs to make it all the way to goal! One blossom = 5lbs

Last edited by AwShucks : 03-19-2014 at 09:58 PM.
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote