View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #68
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Phase 2 underway! Being really conscious of my water intake all last week has definitely made me more aware of how much I am drinking in a day. Even though I don't NEED to drink my 8 glasses of water to proceed forward I still feel the urge to do so, I call that a huge success! I went on a run on Sunday as planned. It was...so bad! Wow, I can't believe how bad it went! I ran a 10k not too long ago, I barely made it to 20 minutes running! But I went, I did it, so for that I am happy.

Today begins my new nutrition goal: Make meal plans and DON'T eat ready meals/eat out alone!! Hmm...this one is going to be a little tricky since it's SO easy to say "meh, can't be bothered cooking" and just get something ready made. But for 2 whole weeks I vow to cook and not succumb to laziness! I made myself Japanese style curry tonight. The best part about it is that it lasts for DAYS. It might get boring, but it's not a ready made meal that I had no part in making!

As for my phase 2 exercise goal, I will strength train/do a bit of yoga once this week as well as run once a week too. I really don't want to forget about my previous goals as I move on to the next one, otherwise this challenge is pointless!

How are you all doing with your new goals?

As for my personal life, today was the first day of my last month at work (phew). I was terrified to go in this morning, I just had this sense of dread. What would people say? Will it be awkward? I was actually considering not going in, but I thought "if you don't go in today then you might lose the chance to finish February." So I kicked myself in the behind and went. The Japanese staff didn't say a word about what happened, which is a typical Japanese trait. They probably didn't want to bring it up and make things potentially awkward so they just move forward. Being a Westerner this type of behaviour confuses me a bit, but it didn't offend me or upset me. My American co-worker was very upfront with me and asked me how I was feeling. I have a master plan now, I told him, to which he responded how great that was that I've bounced back.

Which is true! I do feel like I've got a firm grip on what's going to happen. I still need to decide on who I'll live with: my boyfriend or my friends place, but I think I'm swaying more towards my friends. No rent and a room to myself? It's too good to be true. I'm going over there on Saturday to talk details so I think once that's done I'll decided where it is I'll be living.

--------------

runthec - Yeah, it is such a relief to have a place back home should all not go well! It's difficult to understand the mindset of young people, you want whats best for them but sometimes it's just impossible to make them see reason!

Dott - Thank you once again for such kind words! Are you aware you're falling into a "trap" with doing too much for others, or is it something you figure out upon reflection? Don't let TOM get you down, you're doing so well! I try and only weigh myself if I feel like I've been successful, otherwise I too would be bugged if I saw a gain no matter how justified it is!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote